• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Cipherr

Comments got me half dead, but they have a point. Since when do coke dealers do interviews?
CyIV74e.png

Thanks for posting that. The Glove will always be my favorite player ever. And he legitimately WAS a better PG than Stockton, haters be damned.

I like GP better than Stockton, but I think Stockton was the better PG. GP is more versatile, athletic, and a beast on D (although I think Stockton's D is underrated), but as a pure PG - I'll take Stockton any day. To that guy saying LOL to Stockton starting - I don't think you've watched Stockton play very much. He's only the all time assist and steals leader and one of the toughest and smartest players to play the game.

mhi

WHat type of shit is he buying ? in LA ? $50k in 3 yrs is nothin. If it is blow, then his so called "habit" is an exaggeration. Sounds like he just goes on binges like most of the rich folk.

I like GP better than Stockton, but I think Stockton was the better PG. GP is more versatile, athletic, and a beast on D (although I think Stockton's D is underrated), but as a pure PG - I'll take Stockton any day. To that guy saying LOL to Stockton starting - I don't think you've watched Stockton play very much. He's only the all time assist and steals leader and one of the toughest and smartest players to play the game.

I hear you completely. My mind tells me Stockton was better, but my heart picks the Glove.

Also, reading up on the auction format sounds fun but completely complicated and nuanced. What's our overall budget? What would you say the average #1 player (assuming AP) goes for? 25% of the total budget? 50%? I'm asking because I'm clueless and want to prepare myself mentally.

Joined bitches. Last place here I come :cool:

You aren't claiming the cellar that easily!

pilonv1

Have you ever been around someone who was trying to drive the price up and it ended up backfiring on them?

It's glorious

Or if you wait and let people use all their money early then you get good quality players cheaply. Auction drafts can be really interesting.

diehard

Fleer

Thats just kad, he will never get over the Stockton dagger.

Who is Dreadlocks DO smell? (Pilon?)

I assume Failadelphia Eagles is Rob N Banks

one slot left for a 9:30 CT auction draft tomorrow

here is who we got

Me
Rando
Cheddahz
Kad
CherryWoodFuton
Dominican
Tragic
Failadelphia Eagles?
Dreadlocks do Smell?
Break a leg - balddemon

So help me out, NBA GAF. I did a test run in a different auction league just to see how it all went down and what sort of prices things went for. This league is:

QB - WR x 3, RB x 3, TE, K, DEF, BN x 6

Here's what I ended up with:

QB - Russell Wilson - $18
WR - Randall Cobb - $35
WR - Marques Colston - $23
WR - Mike Wallace - $13
RB - Arian Foster - $52
RB - Alfred Morris - $42
TE - Kyle Rudolph - $1
K - Matt Bryant - $2
D/ST - Seattle - $6

BN - Eli Manning (QB) - $2
BN - Greg Jennings (WR) - $2
BN - Denarius Moore (WR) - $1
BN - BenJarvus Green-Ellis (RB) - $1
BN - Shonn Green (RB) - $1
BN - Martellus Bennett (TE) - $1

A few questions:

1) Did I overspend on Seattle? The next most expensive D ended up costing $3 (San Francisco). I'm really high on Seattle's defense, but no idea if the points in that category make it worthwhile.

2) How are you supposed to build your bench? I went for value and best available in the QB, WR, and RB categories. Should I have taken a TE? Should I draft a second defense or kicker?

3) Do people always go ridiculous and overpay like mad for players early on? Someone spent $79 on Ray Rice and I couldn't help but laugh.

Haha, dude I'm not going to be competitive. Just trying to figure out the basics of how to set up a bench. :)
well I do think six for a D is too much

and while people do often blow their load too early, there are also cheapskates who wait and wait and don't get too many good guys

auction league. everyone gets 200 and teams take turn nominating players

Yep, having run a mock draft I think the auction system is much more fun. It feels like you have a lot more control over who you end up with. It just comes down to whether or not you're willing to overpay a bit here and there for certain players.

What I like the most about the auction setup is you are involved in every single pick of the draft. You don't sit around waiting for your turn to pick. People can nominate anyone on the board which is quite fun.

I found myself nominating guys early on that I knew I had no interest in just so my opponents would blow their wad on them and leave themselves without cash.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Auction league is by far the way to go in fantasy drafts. Its like a real life version of storage wars. I kind of wanna do one for money next year to make it that much better (or salty)

I have never done an auction draft before. Please help me

Might want to do a mock one tonight or tomorrow. You get a feel for how things go down. Just realize that a lot of folks go a bit crazy early on since they aren't drafting a real team. One guy in my draft picked up Ray Rice for $79, when your entire budget for the team is $200. Needless to say, most of the rest of his squad wasn't too hot.

Might want to do a mock one tonight or tomorrow. You get a feel for how things go down. Just realize that a lot of folks go a bit crazy early on since they aren't drafting a real team. One guy in my draft picked up Ray Rice for $79, when your entire budget for the team is $200. Needless to say, most of the rest of his squad wasn't too hot.

79 for Ray Rice is horrible but this is my team in another GAF league

1. (4) Doug Martin - $58
2. (5) LeSean McCoy - $67
3. (45) Dwayne Bowe - $23
4. (90) Tavon Austin - $8
5. (91) Antonio Gates - $7
6. (98) Greg Jennings - $9
7. (104) Miles Austin - $6
8. (117) Fred Davis - $3
9. (126) Shane Vereen - $5
10. (128) Kenny Britt - $2
11. (138) Andy Dalton - $1
12. (149) Arizona - $1
13. (160) Bryce Brown - $2
14. (163) Dan Bailey - $1
15. (168) Kendall Wright - $1

pilonv1

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-guard-accused-of-domestic-violence/article/3879044

Oklahoma City Thunder guard DeAndre Liggins is accused of punching his girlfriend in front of the couple's 2-year-old son on Saturday, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Tuesday.

Liggins has not been charged.

Jasmine Horton, who describes herself as Liggins' girlfriend, said Liggins hit her in the head with his hand and then punched her in the head when she fell on the ground, according to the affidavit filed in Oklahoma County District Court. The couple's 2-year-old son was in the room during the incident at their home, 2309 NW 180, she told police.

Horton locked herself in a bedroom before Liggins reportedly kicked in the door, pushed her down, dropped a fan on her, stomped her with his foot and dropped an Xbox on her head, according to the affidavit.

Horton had injuries on her arm and fingers as well as scratches on her back and bruising on her chest, according to the Oklahoma City police officer who wrote the affidavit.

Liggins was booked into jail Saturday on complaints of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and domestic abuse in the presence of a minor, a jail official said. He was released that day on $8,000 bail.

Liggins averaged 1.5 points and 1.4 rebounds in 39 games with the Thunder last season, his first in Oklahoma City. He is on a non-guaranteed contract for the upcoming season. Training camp begins in late September.

Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement, “We reiterate the serious nature of this issue. We’re awaiting further information and will have no further comment at this time.”

#smfh

watching the 1996 finals........

Pretty crazy that Jordan only scored 30+ once. Didn't really have a great series.

oh my god at Rodman's offensive rebounding in this series. He was killing the Sonics.

wtf @ kemp in game 3, how'd he only have 7 FGA? He played so well in games 1 & 2, i know they got blown out but still weird.

It's probably your feet, man.

My biggest problem shooting was that I treated set shots like jumpers and I was only getting my feet together when I was being pressured. So yeah, I looked like I could shoot whenever I was played tight but once people found out I couldn't hit an open shot I got the Rondo treatment. I was pretty schizo when it came to anything that didn't involve the backboard until just a few years ago.

You're probably right.

I definitely don't use my feet enough when it comes to lining up shots.

Does the fantasy league use a PPR system? I can't check it here at work.

I'm setting up my draft list now. This is going to be fun. Can't wait to overpay for some scrubs!

Top Bottom