• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Day 2 of 'Lakers are still in the playoffs', the natives have begun to come to terms with this reality and are generally indifferent to it now. Some have gone off the deep end; imagining a first round victory. I fear this may not end well for everyone in NBAgaf.

linsivvi

Heavy's just crazy. If there's a season which you want to tank, it is next season. Just look at that draft class. And with all the cap room the Lakers have next summer, why would anybody sensible want another 45-50 win season that gets you nowhere in the long term?

masud

Banned
jrsmith1.jpg

Celtics gonna get dat professional pipe.

Lmao that's great

Knicks are winning the series in 5 so long as no one that matters gets hurt.

Boston isn't good, but they'll eek out a game 2 or game 3 win.

Emwitus

Day 2 of 'Lakers are still in the playoffs', the natives have begun to come to terms with this reality and are generally indifferent to it now. Some have gone off the deep end; imagining a first round victory. I fear this may not end well for everyone in NBAgaf.

We are tied 0-0 with a 58 win team man! You must not want us to shine :(

Boston will not beat NY as long as NY is healthy and stays that way.

Boston will not beat NY as long as NY's shooting remains steady.

I need to see how the Spurs play in game 1 tomorrow. if TP and Manu look like shit, theyll be in for a long series. theyll win out against LA cause their guards can defend (unlike LAs) but they'll be vulnerable in the second round against a team with a real backcourt. SA in 6 games. a sweep if theyre healthy.

Thunder over Rockets in 5
Spurs over Lakers in 6
Nuggets over Warriors in 6
Grizzlies over Clippers in 7

Heat over Bucks in 4
Knicks over Celtics in 5
Pacers over Hawks in 6
Nets over Bulls in 6

oh look here is hunter again telling everybody what height and weight players are

please share your only expertise with us

charsace

oh look here is hunter again telling everybody what height and weight players are

please share your only expertise with us

Dwight isn't 6'11. This has been known for a while. Unless Dwight has grown since they fixed his back he isn't 6'11. He slightly taller than Carmelo.

Heavy's just crazy. If there's a season which you want to tank, it is next season. Just look at that draft class. And with all the cap room the Lakers have next summer, why would anybody sensible want another 45-50 win season that gets you nowhere in the long term?
They have a legitimate shot at a chip next year with a healthy Kobe. 26-12 the last 38 games isn't a small sample size, it's half the season. When you add two HUGE new pieces to your SL like Howard and Nash PLUS a new coach, shit is going to take time to work out. Is that not a reasonable assumption? In this case, it took half the season till they finally gelled and came together as a unit. Extrapolate that 26-12 over the course of a full season and this is a 50+ win team. A 50+ win team has no shot next year? They should just tank? Who cares about the draft, fuck the draft. Kobe/Pau/Metta/Dwight/Nash, these next 1-2 years are their best shot and it's a legitimate one. Ok, now respond with crappy one-liner after I took the time and effort to make a decent post.

Flash

They have a legitimate shot at a chip next year with a healthy Kobe. 26-12 the last 38 games isn't a small sample size, it's half the season. When you add two HUGE new pieces to your SL like Howard and Nash PLUS a new coach, shit is going to take time to work out. Is that not a reasonable assumption? In this case, it took half the season till they finally gelled and came together as a unit. Extrapolate that 26-12 over the course of a full season and this is a 50+ win team. A 50+ win team has no shot next year? They should just tank? Who cares about the draft, fuck the draft. Kobe/Pau/Metta/Dwight/Nash, these next 1-2 years are their best shot and it's a legitimate one. Ok, now respond with crappy one-liner after I took the time and effort to make a decent post.

i don't think there's any coach good enough to justify paying an additional 2 coaches not to come to work. I doubt phil will come back.

Sorry but you're stuck with MDA.

If it weren't for Reggie' Rose's comments and the prepared USA Today interview, I don't think I'd be as pissed. Rose had no intention of playing this season the same way Bron, Wade, and Bosh totally planned to join the Heat together when they played on Team USA.

Flash

If it weren't for Reggie' Rose's comments and the prepared USA Today interview, I don't think I'd be as pissed. Rose had no intention of playing this season the same way Bron, Wade, and Bosh totally planned to join the Heat together when they played on Team USA.

the organization fucked up hard. If they knew Rose didn't intend on coming back (which it seems like they did), they should have kept his progress under a tighter wrap.

I understand him though, he had just come back from an injury and then gets another freak injury which just devastated him. but at the same time, this is the NBA and players go through this shit all the time. you sometimes got to just play through it. and not to mention you're getting paid millions of dollars.

If the bulls were complete shit and out of the playoffs etc, then obviously he should just sit it out and try again. But that's not the case.

http://bkref.com/tiny/L3HNX

76ers and Magic finished with the lowest free throw rates in NBA history.

Only teams close to them were teams from the first year of the BAA.

So the 2013 76ers will be in the history books for something I guess.

magic's free throw rate shot up after trading for tobias harris and harkless received full starters minutes

also beno udrih is really good at flopping for free throws and getting empty stats

Fucking neolakes.

THIS TEAM IS OLD AS DIRT. It plays in the west. You think Meta is going to be a capable player in two years? You think Pau is going to be capable in two years? Pau had a nice run at the end but was shit in the beginning. Nash is done, age and injury he's done. Team doesn't have a true qualified bench. Kobe will be 35 coming off one of the worst injuries an athlete can have that will destroy his hops, first step, and the ounce of defensive force he had left.

Cotender next year? Just Heavy being Heavy.

charsace

MJ never had a chance. This kid would have been a deity if he played in the NBA in the 1990s and would show Jordan to be the overhyped lucky player he was. This kid is the real deal. Will go down as the GOAT.

/signed MVP

Seriously though his athletic ability is insane for a guy his age. People said Lebron was doing things like that when he was 6'2 and age 14.

Fucking neolakes.

THIS TEAM IS OLD AS DIRT. It plays in the west. You think Meta is going to be a capable player in two years? You think Pau is going to be capable in two years? Pau had a nice run at the end but was shit in the beginning. Nash is done, age and injury he's done. Team doesn't have a true qualified bench. Kobe will be 35 coming off one of the worst injuries an athlete can have that will destroy his hops, first step, and the ounce of defensive force he had left.

Cotender next year? Just Heavy being Heavy.

Hold up, you were saying they were making the finals when LA acquired Dwight.

Cloudy

Banned
the organization fucked up hard. If they knew Rose didn't intend on coming back (which it seems like they did), they should have kept his progress under a tighter wrap.

I understand him though, he had just come back from an injury and then gets another freak injury which just devastated him. but at the same time, this is the NBA and players go through this shit all the time. you sometimes got to just play through it. and not to mention you're getting paid millions of dollars.

If the bulls were complete shit and out of the playoffs etc, then obviously he should just sit it out and try again. But that's not the case.

Seems the team tried to publicly pressure him back and it failed

Seriously though his athletic ability is insane for a guy his age. People said Lebron was doing things like that when he was 6'2 and age 14.

Yea it is amazing. I remember playing pick up ball and ball with friends at school at 16. We had those guys who THOUGHT they were this talented and had this ability but instead of dunking they would try to impress us with being able to grab the chains lol.

Gilbert Arenas played for my high school when I was there and as good as he was he wasn't doing this.

Hold up, you were saying they were making the finals when LA acquired Dwight.

And I was wrong. Unlike Heavy I don't mind admitting when I am not correct. Also, IF they hadn't been injured all year and had jelled sooner they would have had a shot. That isn't deniable. The problem is going forward Kobe will NOT be the same guy. I'm sorry. No amount of stem cells or HGH will change that. No amount of Mamba juice or Bubba Gump jaw will accomplish that. He will be good but not Kobe good. Kobe, Nash, Pau, Meta will he a year older. This was their last legit shot.

Gilbert Arenas played for my high school when I was there and as good as he was he wasn't doing this.

Arenas was a late bloomer though, he was not a mega superstar for Arizona either...

Those videos looking for prodigies are interesting, but ultimately largely pointless: Sebastian Telfair, DaJuan Wagner, Jerryd Bayless... It just is not linear.

Arenas was a late bloomer though, he was not a mega superstar for Arizona either...

Those videos looking for prodigies are interesting, but ultimately largely pointless: Sebastian Telfair, DaJuan Wagner, Jerryd Bayless... It just is not linear.

Oh I agree he was a late bloomer. My point was that even future NBA players often aren't as impressive as this kid at 16. Does that mean he will continue to improve, grow, and ultimately be this dominating in the league kf he gets there? Obviously not. I assume Chars wasn't arguing that. The kid is impressive at 16. Thats not really debatable.

Seems the team tried to publicly pressure him back and it failed

Only after he was already destroying people in practice. I've had the chance to learn about the acl injury over the last few months or so. You don't come back to playing basketball after becoming 100 percent. The last 10-15 percent of the rehab process is to play on the court, sometimes through pain. This is not like an sprained ankle where he can re-injure it. He has as much of a chance of tearing the other acl than he does the previously torn one. The point is that Derrick Rose will not complete the rehab process into he plays in real games. The Bulls don't want to injure their franchise player anymore than Rose want's it to happen. The Bulls front office is certainly quiet now since Rose has them by the balls. I will root for Derrick Rose as long as he's a Bull, but I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think the knicks win in 5 the celtics steal one in Boston but the lac of rondo sealed their fate. If they had rondo I think this would of been a much more competitive series and it could of gone to either team depending on who played better defense. Without rondo I just can't see Boston scoring efficiently enough to compete.

i don't think there's any coach good enough to justify paying an additional 2 coaches not to come to work. I doubt phil will come back.

Sorry but you're stuck with MDA.

You read the post wrong. Not talking about a new coach next year, it was about this year.

Pierce and KG being older and busted-er has more to do with the Celtics being mediocre. If KG and Pierce were less worn out they'd have a legit shot.

fertygo

Only after he was already destroying people in practice. I've had the chance to learn about the acl injury over the last few months or so. You don't come back to playing basketball after becoming 100 percent. The last 10-15 percent of the rehab process is to play on the court, sometimes through pain. This is not like an sprained ankle where he can re-injure it. He has as much of a chance of tearing the other acl than he does the previously torn one. The point is that Derrick Rose will not complete the rehab process into he plays in real games. The Bulls don't want to injure their franchise player anymore than Rose want's it to happen. The Bulls front office is certainly quiet now since Rose has them by the balls. I will root for Derrick Rose as long as he's a Bull, but I've lost a lot of respect for him.

SMH.. Bulls fan, how the bolded line even making sense.

Godslay

Banned
Hoping the Nugs can make it out of the first round, maybe not, but even if they do anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

Besides that I don't give a shit who makes it really, although I do look forward to Carmelo and JR Smith eventually shooting their team out of the playoffs.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Oh I agree he was a late bloomer. My point was that even future NBA players often aren't as impressive as this kid at 16. Does that mean he will continue to improve, grow, and ultimately be this dominating in the league kf he gets there? Obviously not. I assume Chars wasn't arguing that. The kid is impressive at 16. Thats not really debatable.

I don't know man... if he just grows a few more inches..... I could see him being a lock for the next Media Hype kid award.

Top Bottom