• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Hoping the Nugs can make it out of the first round, maybe not, but even if they do anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

They're still favorites against the Warriors, you should not sound so pessimistic.

Plus, it's the Fournier coming out party. Enjoy.

Emwitus

Hold up, you were saying they were making the finals when LA acquired Dwight.

I've been calling this team old since the dwight trade, and completely hated the nash trade since it made us older...but no one listened and people actually said that their age wont matter. Smh

I've been calling this team old since the dwight trade, and completely hated the nash trade since it made us older...but no one listened and people actually said that their age wont matter. Smh

lol i remember when moris was saying to imagine nash running the offense ,dwight for lobs and kobe in the wing for easier uncontested shots. lmao good times.

I don't know man... if he just grows a few more inches..... I could see him being a lock for the next Media Hype kid award.

Media Hype like this great McDonalds Allstar MVP?

eddycurry_display_image.jpg

The limitless potential future NBA all star Eddy Curry

Godslay

Banned
They're still favorites against the Warriors, you should not sound so pessimistic.

Plus, it's the Fournier coming out party. Enjoy.

That's why anything beyond is icing on the cake. I don't think this is their year to go much beyond the first round.

Either you're 12, or it's pathological. All Lakers fans acted like they had won the title already this past summer.

Hoping the Nugs can make it out of the first round, maybe not, but even if they do anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

Besides that I don't give a shit who makes it really, although I do look forward to Carmelo and JR Smith eventually shooting their team out of the playoffs.

Still salty about the loss i see. Most of our scrubs don't make shots, can't really blame them.

Godslay

Banned
Still salty about the loss i see. Most of our scrubs don't make shots, can't really blame them.

Not salty, just know how they play. Melo can be very consistent, but also hit cold spots. Swish can be all over the place. He will get hot, and then before you know it he's shooting you out of games or making bad decisions. The Nugs are better without the two, three if you count KMart. So I really don't have much to be salty about.

More wins in a tougher conference as well.

Emwitus

I think the knicks win in 5 the celtics steal one in Boston but the lac of rondo sealed their fate. If they had rondo I think this would of been a much more competitive series and it could of gone to either team depending on who played better defense. Without rondo I just can't see Boston scoring efficiently enough to compete.

Wat? With rondo they'd probably sweep the knicks.

Emwitus

Nah bruh i am not even going to write the various reasons celtics with Rondo would still not win this. All I will say is Shump eats Rondo....

lol Even lebron guarding him couldn't do that, what makes you think shump would do anything? People forget, playoff rondo is a completely different beast.

Not salty, just know how they play. Melo can be very consistent, but also hit cold spots. Swish can be all over the place. He will get hot, and then before you know it he's shooting you out of games or making bad decisions. The Nugs are better without the two, three if you count KMart. So I really don't have much to be salty about.

More wins in a tougher conference as well.

They both matured and got better than the past. Melo in particular.

Wat? With rondo they'd probably sweep the knicks.

lmao it would probably be a longer serious but Knicks will still beat them.

you mean 18 pts, 8 ast, 7 rb, 2 stl last game Shump. Yeah he is doing better

You're crazy, that's just one game. That's like saying Copeland is potentially 30 ppg type of player. Shumpert was better his rookie season. I hope he's bringing new levels of intensity on defense during the playoffs now.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You're crazy, that's just one game. That's like saying Copeland is potentially 30 ppg type of player. Shumpert was better his rookie season. I hope he's bringing new levels of intensity on defense during the playoffs now.

Bruh it was a joke answer to someone saying he had an ACL tear and was still playing injured. Your new but you got to learn how to tell someone EAD without explicitly saying EAD it took me a while too....

But yeah Shump is doing well and I think he will be a key piece in the playoffs and I don't know if he was better his rookie season or if he just isn't getting minutes like his rookie season cause Woodson isn't trying to run him into the ground like D'antoni did the year prior.

Into

So Knicks - Celtics and Memphis - Clippers are the 2 most interesting series in this first round, tough Lakers - Spurs will be fun cause it might be about the LA bigs vs the Spurs bigs.

Pierce will have big games in MSG, as he always does

Godslay

Banned
They both matured and got better than the past. Melo in particular.

I guess we will see if this is true. Melo will still get his by volume, but I wouldn't be surprised if Swish either gets cold or does something dumb. It's his m.o., Karl battled with it the whole time he was here.

Seriously though his athletic ability is insane for a guy his age. People said Lebron was doing things like that when he was 6'2 and age 14.

What's his projected size? I mean for all we know he could either sprout to 6'9 or he's pretty much done growing and ends up like 6'4. But yeah that's some ridiculous athleticism for his age.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
NBA-GAF I am in Cali for about two weeks. Leaving San Francisco today after a great time and awesome giants action. Next I'm heading down to LA and will try to go to the clippers game. Anyone around in the LA area? Looking to get drinks and chill over the next couple days.

Fairweather Knicks fans shouldn't bark so loud.

Get back in the kitchen, because I think your wife is demanding that you cook dinner for her.

I actually am making dinner tonight. Quite excited. I'm making Linguini with shrimp and zucchinis with vodka sauce with a side of baked cauliflower.

Top Bottom