• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

you're not done being second yet KD.

2011-okc-thunder-russell-westbrook.jpg

I may underrate Rondo, but the Celtics were even worse with him this year. They were like 20-23 and on a six game losing streak with a really bad point differential before he got hurt. I don't think I said that the Celtics are better without Rondo, but I still don't think he's that great, but we'll see what happens in two years when KG is retired and Rondo has to play probably without an elite defense. Maybe he's better than I think.

I wish KG was able to move like he did last year because he was awesome last year and for a good part of this year but he's not doing much so far in this series and I thought he was going to be awesome again defensively in this series with this rest. Maybe last year was his last great year, he is pretty old...

kg has no one to defend in this series so his use is marginalized.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yes buddy! Another crappy out of timeout play gets bailed out by a roll!

Just make sure to get an early foul on Lawson in the 3rd and we should be okay.

Emwitus

This looks like a winnable series for the warriors. I'm still not impressed with this nuggets team especially without gallinari. I think they are fools gold like those phoenix teams under d'antoni.

h3ro

so why post a picture like that without any sort of background

the background is my couch. too busy doing the JR dance around my house for anything more elaborate. I said I'd open a bottle of champagne if we were able to win two games.

next step: series win = canyon of heroes.

He had no one to defend in most of the Eastern Conference playoffs last year and that lead to him being able to shut down huge parts of the court, he's looked pretty slow in this series I think.

He defended amare and Thad young, brand, haslem and bosh last year.

Right now it's chandler and Kmart, who only dunk.

61 at home in the playoffs. Why I never believe in Denver. Regular season team.

He defended amare and Thad young, brand, haslem and bosh last year.

Right now it's chandler and Kmart, who only dunk.

The Celtics played the Hawks last year with Horford hurt, Haslem was useless and Bosh was injured for most of the series. He was able to shut down guys one-on-one last year, but could also make a huge impact when he didn't have anyone special to defend in pick-and-rolls and defending the paint (he didn't have much defensive responsibility against his man in the first few games of the Heat series and still held the Heat sub-30% shooting in the paint when he was on the court or something ridiculous like that). The Knicks are better offensively and more perimeter oriented than the teams the Celtics played last year, but he still looks a lot slower.

The Celtics played the Hawks last year with Horford hurt, Haslem was useless and Bosh was injured for most of the series. He was able to shut down guys one-on-one last year, but could also make a huge impact when he didn't have anyone special to defend in pick-and-rolls and defending the paint (he didn't have much defensive responsibility against his man in the first few games of the Heat series and still held the Heat sub-30% shooting in the paint when he was on the court or something ridiculous like that). The Knicks are better offensively and more perimeter oriented than the teams the Celtics played last year, but he still looks a lot slower.
whoops meant josh smith and not amare.

Still he at least defended guys that could score outside of dunks. Also the guys like brand did t dunk and only spot up so he could protect the paint. With chandler he can catch an oop.

Kg is also probably worn out from rondos absence. Boston backed into the playoffs.

I don't think rondo wins the series for them but it would be competitive.

What the fuck, Denver, allowing 64% shooting, what

That's like saying predicting the Clippers to finish #2 in the West is also almost right.

Are you really fixated on the Nuggets missing Hollinger's projections by one game? He was exactly right about the Nuggets this year and just underrated the Thunder (because he didn't expect Durant to become way better this year)

Top Bottom