• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

People also underrate Nash later in his career when he was leading garbage Suns teams to Top 10 offenses while GP sucked in Milwaukee and ringchased in LA and Miami.

edit: got GP mixed up with Anthony Mason who bitched in Milwaukee

While I endorse Payton over Nash, lets be real here. Phil and Jordan tanked those 2 games so they could win in Chicago. It was a pj staple for a while.

No one cares because he won a ring.

Why does that make it irrelevant?

Was it Nash's fault he got his nose cut open by Parker? That Diaw and Amare couldn't sit down for a second? That someone didn't box out Ron Artest? Come on, you need breaks to win championships. Unless your name is Jordan

T Dollarz

The fact that Nash was unlucky the only year he had a team worthy of championship contention doesn't change the fact that his legacy would be different if he had a ring.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I can use that system argument against Stockton too. They (as in Kidd/Payton/Nash) peaked in different eras and were the best at their peak.

You can't touch Magic and Isiah, but the level below that, not a huge distinction looking at their body of work.

Zeke is criminally underrated but I wouldnt call them untouchable

System argument doesn't make a lot of sense because Stockton is also the all time steals leader as well

masud

Banned
I'm addicted to reading Celtic forums, that's why I haven't been posting here as much. The shit's like medicine for the soul son. Reading Emwitys drunken tirades is fun enough but he's not an actual Celtics fan so it's not the same.

They're almost as bad as the Mavs' trash can unis.

Dallas-Mavericks-2003-04-Alternate-Jersey-uniform.jpg

031111mavericks_display_image.jpg

charsace

Actually..

He wasn't even Tim Hardaway good.

There's a reason why he's one of the first players to have his own sneakers. Frazier had one of the best jump shots and midrange games in the history of the game. He changed the way defense is played and regarded as one of the best defensive players to ever play. Frazier would school Tim Hardaway and the other guys I listed.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
There's a reason why he's one of the first players to have his own sneakers. Frazier had one of the best jump shots and midrange games in the history of the game. He changed the way defense is played and regarded as one of the best defensive players to ever play. Frazier would school Tim Hardaway and the other guys I listed.

I was messing with you, a bit.. But I really think he would have his hands full with GP and Kidd

i can't wait for the day hunter comes spilling in here telling us that DeBusschere is the best power forward of all time

while we're at it, no center was more unstoppable than ewing

charsace

I was messing with you, a bit.. But I really think he would have his hands full with GP and Kidd

With them? Yes. With Nash, CP3, or Stockton? No. IMO CP3 is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen. People love to say he's only second to Magic which is crazy imo. He's currently the best at running an offense, but he isn't the best I've ever seen. Nash and Kidd are 2 guys that were in their primes right before he came and both guys do a better job of running an offense.

Top Bottom