• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Emwitus

Dwight's effort level has indeed been mediocre. I don't see anything wrong with that statement.

Dwight with his mediocre effort and not having any feeling in his legs has still been the best and only player in LA playing defense. Before his injury last year he was still playing at an all star level defensively. Again, he wasn't even supposed to be playing until jan...and like clockwork his gotten better

charsace

Dwight is bad at reading in the pick and roll. His lack of jumper and range hurts and makes it easy to defend him in pick situations.

Yeah me and the fiancé going to game 3. You shouldve said something to me earlier! I could've got you and ya boy tickets in the lower bowl via my job. Not for free but at a lot cheaper than what they're going for.

Damnit! Didn't know you had a hookup via the job

A friend of a friend supposedly has extra baseline tickets. Not sure how close they are ... still trying to get more information

Vahagn

Super late on the PG argument but people are seriously under rating Kidd. His longevity has been every bit as good as almost everyone except Stockton. He took his team to back to back finals appearances and had to deal with Timmy, Kobe, Shaq - Three top 10 all time greats. He was an incredible defender, and even though he couldn't shoot, a triple double was a routine thing for him.

Triple doubles regularly plus defended the teams best scorer and his passing and game management was every bit as good as Nash or Stocktons.

I always thought D'Antoni's system was a fraudulent offense that wasn't great playoff basketball and inflated peoples stats. The same cant be said for Byron Scott's system. Nash might be the best shooter of all time, but he's such a porous defender and rebounder he doesn't deserve to be in the same category as someone who literally did everything like Prime Kidd.

Dwight gets a max because if LA doesn't give it to him someone else will. You can't really negotiate these things. I don't think he's a franchise C in the way of say Shaq or prime Duncan either, but he is still a valuable piece. Worst case scenario is he's a younger version of Tyson Chandler. Defensive anchors are still very valuable to contending teams.

This year Dwights effort can be blamed on injury. He also confirmed he was playing hurt his last year in Orlando months prior to surgery

If he can regain his health this offseason he should be amazing again.

linsivvi

Dwight gets a max because if LA doesn't give it to him someone else will. You can't really negotiate these things. I don't think he's a franchise C in the way of say Shaq or prime Duncan either, but he is still a valuable piece. Worst case scenario is he's a younger version of Tyson Chandler. Defensive anchors are still very valuable to contending teams.

Pretty much. In a way the Lakers have trapped themselves into giving him a max, because it's stupid to just let him go without a max offer.

I just hope they won't commit any more long term salary this summer.

Pretty much. In a way the Lakers have trapped themselves into giving him a max, because it's stupid to just let him go without a max offer.

I just hope they won't commit any more long term salary this summer.
Sign dwight to max.
Let everyone walk next summer.
Sign retool to max.
Sign filler roles.
Done and done.

I think Dwight would be guaranteed to stay with LAL if Kobe and Paus contracts were up this season, but with him being almost guaranteed to go through the same situation before LA can even think about putting better pieces around him, that's gotta be tough.

Going to be a fun off-season.

I think Dwight would be guaranteed to stay with LAL if Kobe and Paus contracts were up this season, but with him being almost guaranteed to go through the same situation before LA can even think about putting better pieces around him, that's gotta be tough.

Going to be a fun off-season.

He'll have an extra $25 million to keep him company through 2013. Considering he's working on baby (and baby momma) number 5 so he needs to save every dollar he can.

would be cool to see if Lakers age would start following young prospects or just stop posting altogether

If LA loses Dwight, next season theyd be like the Blazers of this year. Probably sniff a playoff seed early on and then finish 11th or 12th.

Luckily for Lakersage, we'd realistically only suffer through that for a season or so due to our 2014 cap situation.

Don't forget trading Pau to the Twolves for Derrick Williams to ensure the 2014 Wiggins tank job.
and they'd take it and like it.
Luckily for Lakersage, we'd realistically only suffer through that for a season or so due to our 2014 cap situation.

and haters tells us laker-age we have it made. that we've never suffered through like other franchises. just one more season, my bretherens. oh the humanity!

absolutely hilarious that dwight likes svg now

what a fucking card

That always makes me wonder if Dwight would listen to someone like Thibs. I'm always waiting for the day that players turn on Thibs like they did for Skiles.

Edit: I think the difference is that no one likes Scott Skiles, but it seems like players like Lebron like Thibs.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
and they'd take it and like it.

and haters tells us laker-age we have it made. that we've never suffered through like other franchises. just one more season, my bretherens. oh the humanity!

But you do.... if you lose dwight your fucked and I personally think that realgm is his passive aggressive way of saying fire Pringles and maybe hire SVG. But yeah you guys got it made man. 2 years top you're back in the hunt....you guys are just so soft you're going to be drama queens until then.... stop being drama queens about it....

2014 is a shit free agent year since everyone aside from bron is old as hell

but i guess the lakers can settle for general greivis vasquez and luol deng so they can fully become neohawks west

Why are the Nets extending Billy King?

I don't think anyone could have used the assets he had worse. He's set his team up for a couple first-round exits followed by a return to the lottery with the highest payroll in the league, not sure what's extension worthy.

I don't think anyone could have used the assets he had worse. He's set his team up for a couple first-round exits followed by a return to the lottery with the highest payroll in the league, not sure what's extension worthy.

He should be fired for trading away a lottery pick and signing Wallace alone.

Colangelo, King, Grunsfeld...

I don't really understand owner thinking. Maybe it's some kind of personal friendship thing or something.

It feels like 91 all over again. Losing Magic in the finals and they get trounced, this year with Kobe getting hurt late in the season and Lakers look like crap without him

PBY

Banned
Which one of Lakers age posted this?

From Lakersground:
It appears to me that our team seems to have lost their confidence. A victory may work wonders! They HAVE to believe that they can win, and I honestly don't think they do. The Spurs are one of those teams that once you beat them, they get rattled. You may disagree with that, but I've seen it before from this team. As long as their winning, they feel invincible, so we need to insert some doubt into their minds.

Which one of Lakers age posted this?

From Lakersground:
It appears to me that our team seems to have lost their confidence. A victory may work wonders! They HAVE to believe that they can win, and I honestly don't think they do. The Spurs are one of those teams that once you beat them, they get rattled. You may disagree with that, but I've seen it before from this team. As long as their winning, they feel invincible, so we need to insert some doubt into their minds.
sounds like the work of somebody who is not light and bright

masud

Banned
JR-Smiths-s.jpg

Mike:

Junior year in college, I was semi-together with a girl who we'll call "Jen." During this time when we were semi-together, a preseason basketball game took place on campus in honor of something that I don't remember/isn't important. The game was between the Phoenix Suns and the Denver Nuggets, so naturally everyone was all star-struck because professional athletes were on campus. Anyway, one night my friends and I are out at our favorite bar, as are Jen and her friends. Not long after we get there, in walk JR Smith and Dahntay Jones.

After bugging the living shit out of JR Smith for a solid 20 minutes (because everyone knows he could be a superstar, he's just too cool to try), I go back to whatever dumb shit I was doing and carry on with my night. I do notice, however, that Jen has struck up conversation with Smith over in the corner. I feel very torn about this-on the one hand, this is supposed to be the girl that I'm taking home tonight, but on the other, this is my chance to become Eskimo brothers with JR Smith…

Before I have a chance to make up my mind, JR and Jen disappear. Her friends and I are trying to find her when someone comes in and goes, "Jen just got into a limo with JR Smith, you may want to track her down." I walk about 30 feet before one of Jen's friends finds me and tells me that Jen is crying outside of Smith's hotel because she's afraid of the size of his dick. I reluctantly go with them to get her, thinking at least I'll get laid tonight even if JR doesn't. Wrong.

I can't help but make an obnoxious comment to Jen. Needless to say she was not happy and stormed off to go home, a solid 2 miles from my apartment. About an hour later I got a text from her saying that she wanted me to come over and was sorry for getting upset, because I was such a good guy for coming to "save" her. Unfortunately I was hammered, my car was blocked in, and 2 miles is quite a distance to walk when you're drunk.

So to recap: JR Smith doesn't get laid, I don't become Eskimo brothers with JR Smith, and I don't get laid. Fail.

http://deadspin.com/5828055/cockblocked-by-jr-smith

Cipherr

This spurs lakers series...... why did I want this again? I thought I would find it funny to watch them get first rounded... maybe its that Kobe isn't playing.

Such a dreadful series. A waste of everyones time.

Emwitus

If Ebanks still can't get any burn, I'm going to assume he slept with Mitch's wife.

For D'antoni if you can't shoot you're useless. Tony allen would never see the floor on this team. Realize how most coaches including mchale made adjustments in his starting lineup in game 2.
EDIT: I'm just happy we aren't getting blown out by 40 like i had predicted.

For D'antoni if you can't shoot you're useless. Tony allen would never see the floor on this team.

No no. Ebanks got benched by Mitch, of this I am certain. He made Brown bench him before Brown got fired.

Dude, he was on the inactive list in favor of Hill who wasn't cleared to play. Think about that.

I don't know what exactly happened, but something did.

Emwitus

No no. Ebanks got benched by Mitch, of this I am certain. He made Brown bench him before Brown got fired.

Dude, he was on the inactive list in favor of Hill who wasn't cleared to play. Think about that.

I don't know what exactly happened, but something did.

Oh forgot about that LOL. I guess that dui thing got him on the ropes. I remember his agent was complaining about him not getting playing time before the season even started lol

Top Bottom