• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

giri

All of the greatest PG are devasting in the PnR and I don't need to overhype GP, because he was a superior player on both ends of the court.

His PHX/DAL teams were uptempo and open court teams. The half court sets they ran were PnR/PnS.. I never said the dude was horrible, but he was no Stockton or Kidd in the half court..

Not really, but ok.

Emwitus

2gNkaFE.jpg

Good lawd lol Looks like he packed it up a long time ago.

Emwitus

oh lord, i hope you do give him something dumb like 10m.

that'd be great.

He'd be the best pg we've had in la in his prime since nick van excel. Think about that. And at this point we'd rather have a defensive pg than a real pg.

EDIT: And how much did the suns pay dragic again?

oh lord, i hope you do give him something dumb like 10m.

that'd be great.

What do you think Bledsoe demands around the league?

There are tons of good PGs right now, so a lot of teams are fine but the teams without good PGs may be forced to overspend for average guys.

I wouldn't mind Bledsoe but we'd probably have to overpay him which is exactly what I don't want.

Emwitus

But wasnt payton in the twilight of his career? Man, future looks bleak for LA. We're still stuck with contracts for nash, blake, metta and pau, No one is sure when kobe will be back and what his condition will be when he does get back and finally no draft picks. What a shit hole.

giri

He'd be the best pg we've had in la in his prime since nick van excel. Think about that. And at this point we'd rather have a defensive pg than a real pg.

lol.

I"ve been an ardent bledsoe supporter before clippers fans liked him.

But he's pretty bad as a starting PG. That big losing streak the clips had was when CP3 was out and Bledsoe was starting. And the team looked horrible.

Bledsoe just isn't a starter.

I actually want to be wrong given how much i've talked him up. And there was always going to be some dumb team that over pays for him this year. I'd be ecstatic if it was the lakers.

There are tons of good PGs right now, so a lot of teams are fine but the teams without good PGs may be forced to overspend for average guys.

I wouldn't mind Bledsoe but we'd probably have to overpay him which is exactly what I don't want.

I wouldn't give bledsoe a cent over 6M per. And would be trying to scale that so it was more like 5M per over the length of his contract.

But wasnt payton in the twilight of his career? Man, future looks bleak for LA. We're still stuck with contracts for nash, blake, metta and pau, No one is sure when kobe will be back and what his condition will be when he does get back and finally no draft picks. What a shit hole.

Lakers will try it again next season and hope the injuries don't pile up.

Then Lebron 2014, with Dwight and old man Mamba in sniper mode.

Probably a little less than Ty and Steph are getting.

8 PER sounds right if you buy him as your startering point.

He'll almost definitely try to get 10 though. Not sure if he gets it though. Not a ton of teams need guard help.

giri

He'll almost definitely try to get 10 though. Not sure if he gets it though. Not a ton of teams need guard help.

lol, bledsoe is no where near ty/steph levels.

Emwitus

So What is it about LA and pgs eh? lol And the one time we almost settled that problem the league stepped in. Cursed i tell you.

not a FA this year, so we don't know who will need guard help.

But right now Utah needs guard help and has money to spend.

KingJ2002

Lakers definitely need a PG. Kobe can run the offense but still... need a guard that can get guys open looks and run the PnR well.

first thing we need to do is dump some crappy contracts.

Blake, Meeks, Duhon.. gotta dump these guys... even if steve blake has played well. Meeks has to go as well... and here's hoping Nash does retire if he can't stay healthy. I can't see him struggle like this.

then we need to look into getting someone like calderon, bellinelli, or Agustin for options at the 1 2 position

metta isnt going anything, neither is pau, kobe and even dwight

lakers need better shooters and guys who can create their own shot... its the only way to get kobe to play off ball more.

Then get a coach who can run an inside out game for dwight.

Lakers definitely need a PG. Kobe can run the offense but still... need a guard that can get guys open looks and run the PnR well.

first thing we need to do is dump some crappy contracts.

Blake, Meeks, Duhon.. gotta dump these guys... even if steve blake has played well. Meeks has to go as well... and here's hoping Nash does retire if he can't stay healthy. I can't see him struggle like this.

then we need to look into getting someone like calderon, bellinelli, or Agustin for options at the 1 2 position

metta isnt going anything, neither is pau, kobe and even dwight

lakers need better shooters and guys who can create their own shot... its the only way to get kobe to play off ball more.

Then get a coach who can run an inside out game for dwight.

Duhon is actually a great tradeable asset this offseason.

The other thing you have to realize is the Lakers are not messing with 2014 cap space, so expect this team to come back mostly intact (ebanks gone of course). Blake and Meeks are expiring, anyway, and I like Blake as a backup PG.

So apparently there is a rumor that Phil Jackson is interested in taking over our front office. It's a cruel joke most likely.

Maybe Jordan is giving him a piece of the team in exchange for Phil being the coach for home games and having the final say on players and staff.

Not sure that's a great option for either really.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Maybe Jordan is giving him a piece of the team in exchange for Phil being the coach for home games and having the final say on players and staff.

Not sure that's a great option for either really.

Phil might be able to fix the Bobcats just for the fact that he can say no to MJ

Firing Dunlap was absurd. He tripled the wins of the team and Kemba Walker's development was impressive as hell. He emerged as the only player that could actually start on a lot of NBA teams.

Gilchrist was not a good pick either. Beal, Drummond, Lillard, and Barnes are already better than him and Gilchrist's ceiling is a Gerald Wallace type player that won't constantly get concussions.

giri

Firing Dunlap was absurd. He tripled the wins of the team and Kemba Walker's development was impressive as hell. He emerged as the only player that could actually start on a lot of NBA teams.

Gilchrist was not a good pick either. Beal, Drummond, Lillard, and Barnes are already better than him and Gilchrist's ceiling is a Gerald Wallace type player that won't constantly get concussions.

Eh, Gilchrist is actually shaping up to be better than wallace. And he's continuing to develop pretty well.

With work, he could be Tayshun Prince 2.0 or the like.

charsace

Point proven

Oh come on man. It makes sense in regards to the post I quoted. Its about JR and a woman that scared of his dick because of the size. Its no like someone said the Lakers are gonna get swept and I dropped it randomly.

Eh, Gilchrist is actually shaping up to be better than wallace. And he's continuing to develop pretty well.

With work, he could be Tayshun Prince 2.0 or the like.

MKG can be way more than a Prince or Wallace. With the Right development he could be a superstar.

JR Smith's dad is a fucking idiot. The more he talks the more I hate him. The fucker is a Dadmare and needs to stfu.

Vahagn

I think Dwight would be guaranteed to stay with LAL if Kobe and Paus contracts were up this season, but with him being almost guaranteed to go through the same situation before LA can even think about putting better pieces around him, that's gotta be tough.

Going to be a fun off-season.

So you think a Laker team without Kobe and Pau would be better than a Laker team with Kobe and Pau?

Let's say Pau and Kobe's contracts were up this season. Who would LA likely get in the FA market this summer that would be better than Kobe and Pau next year?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Oh come on man. It makes sense in regards to the post I quoted. Its about JR and a woman that scared of his dick because of the size. Its no like someone said the Lakers are gonna get swept and I dropped it randomly.

MKG can be way more than a Prince or Wallace. With the Right development he could be a superstar.

Just word is tired regardless of how it's used

And MKG is basically Crash 2.0

Top Bottom