• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

giri

Oh come on man. It makes sense in regards to the post I quoted. Its about JR and a woman that scared of his dick because of the size. Its no like someone said the Lakers are gonna get swept and I dropped it randomly.

MKG can be way more than a Prince or Wallace. With the Right development he could be a superstar.

I"m not sure about superstar, and being Prince would lead to a very good NBA career. A lot of it rides on his ability to get a mid range game at all.

Gilchrist will never be a super star in the NBA. I cannot believe what I'm reading right now. His offensive game is ugly as hell.

Eh, thats not true at all. He actually plays really under control. Just the lack of a shot is hurting him, and even that was LOOKING better as the season went on.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So you think a Laker team without Kobe and Pau would be better than a Laker team with Kobe and Pau?

Let's say Pau and Kobe's contracts were up this season. Who would LA likely get in the FA market this summer that would be better than Kobe and Pau next year?

lol

Where did you see that? They have to retool sometime

Fatalah

Firing Dunlap was absurd. He tripled the wins of the team and Kemba Walker's development was impressive as hell. He emerged as the only player that could actually start on a lot of NBA teams.

Gilchrist was not a good pick either. Beal, Drummond, Lillard, and Barnes are already better than him and Gilchrist's ceiling is a Gerald Wallace type player that won't constantly get concussions.

Thank you! Dunlap reminds me of when Joe Girardi greatly improved a young no-name Marlins team, only to get fired by dumb ownership.

Vahagn

lol

Where did you see that? They have to retool sometime

There's no other way to put "better pieces" around Dwight doe.

No draft picks.

Tank next year, don't tank next year. Same ish pretty much. So getting better through the draft in the next year is out of the question. And FA's this summer that are better than Pau and Kobe are out of the ?

What am i missing here.

I guess MKG could be considered a future superstar if you think Deng and Iggy are superstars...

Also, Dunlap shouldn't have been fired, but leading a team to a -9.2 differential is no real accomplishment.

God, whenever Gilchrist is brought up, the Crash comparisons come pouring in. And people always make it sound like it'd be such a waste if his ceiling is "only" prime Gerald Wallace...

Last I checked, prime Gerald Wallace was fuck-awesome. Bobcats would be lucky to get another player like that.

charsace

MKG is one of the best ball handlers at the 3 and runs the pick and roll well. He does a great job of finishing in traffic. He's most likely the quickest and fastest guy playing the 3 and he has a really good first step. If he went into next season with a scorers mentality and no jumper he would put up 20 ppg. John Wall is much smaller and still can't hit a jumper and is a scary scorer because the same tools at the pg position. MKG will be a beast when he figures out that his team sucks and that he should look to score instead of being a point forward who focuses more on team play than putting up 20 shots a game.

Crash was never as quick and fast as MKG is right now and never handled the rock nearly as well. Anyone that thinks a guy like Beal is better than MKG needs to stop freebasing. MKG can play sg and would be better than Beal is at the 2.

He will never be a 20 ppg player because they drafted him to be their best backcourt defender. He was probably the sixth best rookie in his class. Not bad, but he should not have been drafted as high as he was.

Blackace

God, whenever Gilchrist is brought up, the Crash comparisons come pouring in. And people always make it sound like it'd be such a waste if his ceiling is "only" prime Gerald Wallace...

Last I checked, prime Gerald Wallace was fuck-awesome. Bobcats would be lucky to get another player like that.

Without a doubt

Just was saying comparing him to Prince is wrong because Prince played a lot of point forward

Blackace

MKG is one of the best ball handlers at the 3 and runs the pick and roll well. He does a great job of finishing in traffic. He's most likely the quickest and fastest guy playing the 3 and he has a really good first step. If he went into next season with a scorers mentality and no jumper he would put up 20 ppg. John Wall is much smaller and still can't hit a jumper and is a scary scorer because the same tools at the pg position. MKG will be a beast when he figures out that his team sucks and that he should look to score instead of being a point forward who focuses more on team play than putting up 20 shots a game.

Crash was never as quick and fast as MKG is right now and never handled the rock nearly as well. Anyone that thinks a guy like Beal is better than MKG needs to stop freebasing. MKG can play sg and would be better than Beal is at the 2.

Crash handled the rock on breaks.

MKG can't shoot

At all

So no he wouldnt be a great 2

charsace

He will never be a 20 ppg player because they drafted him to be their best backcourt defender. He was probably the sixth best rookie in his class. Not bad, but he should not have been drafted as high as he was.

MKG is the best slasher to come out of that draft. Dude is strong going to the basket and he will only get better when he fills out more. He looks like he can easily get up to 245 and maybe even get quicker and faster too.

Crash handled the rock on breaks.

MKG can't shoot

At all

So no he wouldnt be a great 2
MKG has a post game and he can bull his way to the basket now. Get guards that can shoot the 3 and tell him to be aggressive scoring the ball and he'll put up numbers. He can bull his way to the basket and bait fouls and his scoring will go up. The only reason he only put up 9 ppg is because he works for a good shot for the team first and not himself.

charsace

lol at Royce White. Rockettes are gonna put a hit on him. He's making the organization look real bad all by himself with all the shit he's pulling.

What did Barkley say!?!

Blackace

Eh, I've always been a firm believer that you build for talent not for need when you're bottom of the barrel.

Lillard turned into a star from getting PT and running the 1st unit

Between him Keemba and Ben they would have had a midget backcourt

charsace

Lillard would not have gotten starter minutes or the same freedom on the Bobcats. MKG didn't get more minutes because he isn't good. Dunlap was bringing him a long slowly the way a lot of stupid coaches like to do even though the player in question deserves more.

The front office of the Bobcats is so, so awful. The only player that really played starter minutes was Kemba. It was just a revolving door of shitty players with terrible contracts. They're still paying Tyrus Thomas 8 million, I believe. They're still going to be paying Ben Gordon if he doesn't opt out. I think that Diop's ridiculous contract has finally expired. Ugh.

giri

Lillard turned into a star from getting PT and running the 1st unit

Between him Keemba and Ben they would have had a midget backcourt

Lillard would have been a wasted pick for them. And people would have called them a joke FO for doing to kemba, what they did with DJ. Then called them Khan 2.0 for only drafting PG's.

Gilchrist has better body control and plays much more under control than Crash ever did. But having a ceiling of wallace isn't bad. It's just off. I really don't see him that way.

I think he'll end up more Prince, than Wallace. But as stated, he has a ways to go to get to either players level.

giri

lol at Royce White. Rockettes are gonna put a hit on him. He's making the organization look real bad all by himself with all the shit he's pulling.

What did Barkley say!?!

I don't think most people have the time of day for Royce White anymore, so he's not making the Rockets look bad, just him self.

Blackace

MKG has a post game and he can bull his way to the basket now. Get guards that can shoot the 3 and tell him to be aggressive scoring the ball and he'll put up numbers. He can bull his way to the basket and bait fouls and his scoring will go up. The only reason he only put up 9 ppg is because he works for a good shot for the team first and not himself.

He has no real post and no go to shot
He scored 9 is because he has limited moves and limited handles when not streaking

h3ro

Trailer for the Lenny Cooke documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ne61w4R20QE
I was in awe of this dude when I was a boy. Dude was the top guy. NBA scouts, and other guys like Lebron, Carmelo, Amare, etc. thought he was gonna be a star. He was dominating. Then Lebron put the work in while Lenny was feeling himself too much and destroyed Lenny at a basketball camp and he never recovered.
Where Lebron made his name.

PI put it right, this really is sad as fuck. I have little empathy for him though, too many of these kids think they have it made the second a guy like Calipari or an agent whispers some sweet nothings into their ears and stop putting in any effort.

charsace

Lillard would have been a wasted pick for them. And people would have called them a joke FO for doing to kemba, what they did with DJ. Then called them Khan 2.0 for only drafting PG's.

Gilchrist has better body control and plays much more under control than Crash ever did. But having a ceiling of wallace isn't bad. It's just off. I really don't see him that way.

I think he'll end up more Prince, than Wallace. But as stated, he has a ways to go to get to either players level.

If you put MKG on a playoff team right now and asked him to what Prince does he would look much better than Prince. If he was starting at sf for the Knicks right now the Knicks would be much better than they currently are. The dude wasn't drafted second for his defense. He was drafted second because he's a beast around the basket and has shown flashes at times of being able to dominate.

Also of serious concern is "purported agreement between the NBPA and Prim Capital," according to Paul, Weiss. Prim Capital is the firm that employs Hunter's son, Todd, and had a business relationship with the NBPA at $602,000 a year.

Hunter was shady as fuck. Never trust a lawyer, people!

g23

European pre-madonna
The midgets don't set him up like they should.

LOL. Yeah Ellis and Jennings have no chance. Interesting, Ellis has almost always been paired up with a small guard, like curry. His most efficient year was when he was paired up with a big guard like Baron.

Top Bottom