• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
RT @dailythunder: Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee.

Oh fuck!

Metta came back after a couple weeks, right? Thunder can probably make it to WCF without Westbrook, then he can come back.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Metta came back after a couple weeks, right? Thunder can probably make it to WCF without Westbrook, then he can come back.

Best-case scenario, yes. But even then you're talking about him coming back maybe for the start of the WCF.

Mothman91

Oh fuck....don't want that happening to anyone, definitely in the playoffs.

Spurs...you're only hope. I put all my trust in you guys, banish the evil that is the Heat.

linsivvi

Where he lived for 1 year and then spent 17 years in Lake Oswego, Oregon.

I know. It was a joke anyway. No way the Wolves should try to trade him.

Now that they got rid of Khan, there's no reason they should aspire to be the Magic.

WCF? Even the Rockets still have a chance of beating the Thunder without Westbrook.

reilo

Ken Berger said:
Westbrook was injured in the second quarter of Game 2 vs. Houston. The Thunder did not issue a timetable for his return.

Westbrook played 37 minutes that game!

Now is the right time to blame a coach for an injury. Fucking Brooks.

reilo

Somehow, Scott Brooks will find a way to keep Durant from averaging 20FGA/gm+ for the rest of the series.

h3ro

baldy, YNB is a freak athlete and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play again this year. Depends on the severity of the meniscus injury and what kind of therapy he gets afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets lots of PRP (platelet rich plasmapheresis) to stimulate healing.

balddemon

Banned
so durant is gonna average a triple double something like 33-12-10 on 55% shooting. it could happen.

baldy, YNB is a freak athlete and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play again this year. Depends on the severity of the meniscus injury and what kind of therapy he gets afterwards. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets lots of PRP (platelet rich plasmapheresis) to stimulate healing.

ahh that's good to hear. I really hope he can come back. I mean if he played the rest of the game with it torn...he could definitely come back and play.

I didn't want Metta to risk his old knee for the sake of the team, no way would I want YN to come back and risk his health.

He relies on his speed so much...this could go terribly for OKC/YN if he's rushed back.

KingGondo

Banned
Initial thoughts:

What should happen: Thabo, Martin, and Jackson should split Westbrook's minutes more or less equally.

What will happen: Derek Fisher will play 30+ minutes in every game. *kills self*

We really need Ibaka, KD, Jackson, and Martin to step up. KD needs to be the man and carry the scoring load.

Hoping against hope that the Clips-Grizz series goes 7 games and YNB can return in that series.

But realistically, we're fucked.

linsivvi

Seriously both Metta and Jordan Hill shouldn't be playing.

Just start Howard/Gasol/Clark/Morris/Duhon for 2 games and be done with the season.

Kobe24

On MWP coming back early,

Metta World Peace is dealing with a Baker's Cyst in his knee, and he had it drained in advance of Friday's Game 3 vs. the Spurs.
World Peace tweeted the photo and was not listed on the Lakers injury report, so we expect him to play in Game 3, but it's another indication that he's not anywhere close to 100 percent after returning extremely early from knee surgery. A Baker's Cyst is a term for swelling behind the knee due to an irregular buildup of fluid, a possible side effect after World Peace returned from surgery far earlier than anticipated.

Coming back early can have side effects. I mean yeah MWP is wolverine, but that doesn't mean Meniscus tears are a weekly thing. Look at what happened to Agent 0.

should mean more shots going to like the second or third best scorer in the league and role players like Ibaka and Martin getting more touches. may not hurt the Thunder as much as youd think. as long as Fisher isnt starting or getting huge minutes.

balddemon

Banned
Terrible news for OKC. This will be the first time in Westbrook's career that he is going to be out, right?

according to wikipedia he's played 392 games in a row, which I think dates back to his rookie season. so yeah. maybe he can get the start or play a minute just to keep his streak going lmao.

Bread

Banned
wowowwww not even 3 games into the playoffs, that really sucks. gondo, embrace the reggie jackson era, he will lead you to the promise land.

Top Bottom