• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

KingGondo

Banned
wowowwww not even 3 games into the playoffs, that really sucks. gondo, embrace the reggie jackson era, he will lead you to the promise land.
We'll still beat the Rox, and we still might make it to the WCF, but any hope of a title is over. Not like wouldn't have been huge underdogs against Miami anyways.

damn terrible news about YNB. however i dont think OKC has much to worry about with KD getting a lot more touches

oh this happened during that clash with beverly while calling a timeout? jesus damn. dudes gonna get body checked all night i bet

Pimpwerx

Sorry Gondo and Tyler. I just heard the news. I wonder if Beverly feels like complete shit now, because that injury was caused when Russ was just trying to call a timeout. Of all the unlucky shit this season, this takes the cake. PEACE.

Despite all the shit we throw at him, Ynot is a one of a kind player. He´s great.

I´ve always believed the Thunder were just KD + Ynot and a bunch of scrubs, and i was mentioning the other day with a friend that if one of the two went down they would be in big trouble.

That will be interesting to see. If somehow we´re all crazy and Scotty is a genious, then they will be fine.

If things go as i expect, they will have trouble beating the Rockets and will lose 4-1 to the Clippers.

Kevin Martin is shooting .33% for this series so far

There's a good chance that the Thunder could lose.

I know, we almost beat em shooting like shit, without our starting pg, and with Perkins mauling Parsons. If any of those things didn't happen we could have stole game two. That said, team usually respond after losing a player.

WTF, wow that is horrible about Westbrook. Sorry to all OKC fans, no one wants to see this. I was totally looking forward to a rematch.

So now who is coming out of the west? Spurs? Clips? Memphis?

TylerD

We have been very fortunate regarding injuries. With the amount of abuse that Westbrook has endured and subjects himself to, it is crazy that he hasn't had a significant injury. Thankfully, just a meniscus may allow him to bounce back quickly and maybe we all get to see just what KD can do in a situation where he is undisputed alpha dog.

I'll have my popcorn ready.

We have been very fortunate regarding injuries. With the amount of abuse that Westbrook has endured and subjects himself to, it is crazy that he hasn't had a significant injury. Thankfully, just a meniscus may allow him to bounce back quickly and maybe we all get to see just what KD can do in a situation where he is undisputed alpha dog.

do you have any idea what you just said

jesus

thekad

Banned
Don't see why everyone is so worried. Westbrook will be back after a couple weeks. Until then, OKC still has James Harden to pick up the slack.

Don't see why everyone is so worried. Westbrook will be back after a couple weeks. Until then, OKC still has James Harden to pick up the slack.
It's generally a 6 week injury.

Mwp came back after 2 weeks which is unheard of and he can't move laterally at all.

Other players have taken over 2 months. More likely he's done.

Just to quickly go back to the lebron quote, he took it too far. Being upset at not winning DPY when you believe you deserve it is great. Saying you are the only guy in history to defend all 5 positions is disrespectful. That said I don't think lebron actually means any disrespect, he just says stupid crap every once and a while.

Worst sports news I've heard in a long while. Completely sucks.

We're going to need KD to pick up more shots, which he's perfectly able to do. I'm also expecting a larger scoring role from Chewbacca and Martin. I'm convinced we still blow by the Rockets without much difficulty, but it starts getting dicier after that.

I don't think we see Westbrook the rest of the playoffs...I'd be shocked if we did.

I would rather take the D-Rose route, and try the best to not jeopardize my carrer. If he´s not 100% he should wait and come back better next season. No reason to turn into a Brandon Roy or Arenas deal if you don´t have to.

As opposed to an ACL/MCL?

6-8 weeks with a possibility to come back sooner seems relatively minor (as knee injuries go).

the meniscus (or lack thereof) is what killed brandon roy's comeback. his meniscus couldn't be repaired and was degenerating, which caused bone-on-bone contact within the knee joint.

it's still a pretty terrible injury, but yes compared to an acl tear it's not "that bad." it's part of the unhappy triad so be thankful westbrook's acl and mcl weren't affected.

Top Bottom