• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

I actually feel like the Heat have been played too well for too long. I still think they win it but if they lose I'm going to point to the roleplayers playing high level ball for like two months now. It usually shows itself at some point during the playoffs it's just a matter if it happens against a capable opponent.

yes

its the Atlanta Hawks

though thats at least a lot more probable than this:

But Horford will draw Hibbert out of the paint.

And the Pacers will give Horford midrange jumpers to knock down.

And the Hawks have been awesome when Devin Harris starts.

And Paul George is a really terrible first-option on offense.

All the Hawks need is for Josh Smith to play awesome defense and not take the midrange jumpers the Pacers will give him.

That's all that needs to happen...I want to believe in Josh Smith again.

KingGondo

Banned
+500 odds for the Thunder. Bet 100 win 600.

That's really not that bad. It's unlikely but worth a hundred just to make the inevitable finals more interesting.
Honestly that's probably the best bet you could make. I think their odds of at least getting back to the Finals are great, and you never know what could happen once they get there.

IWMTB19 said:
I have talked myself too much in the Hawks right now, am I crazy for thinking that they'll beat the Pacers?
Yes. Fuckball was built for the playoffs.

Syphon Filter said:
He was injured multiple times and missed more games than KD. Still impressive.
That's irrelevant. I'm talking about the average number of shots per game. Kinda pathetic that it took Melo 4.5 more shots/game to beat KD by less than a point.

Zeus Molecules said:
lol if he got whistle calls like KD he would of averaged 40...
You're seriously complaining about Carmelo Anthony not getting superstar calls?

Holy fuck, what's everyone smoking in NYC? We don't have that good shit.

jjasper

NBA announces flopping policy for playoffs. No warnings; $5K first offense; $10K for second; $15K for third; $30K for fourth. Five or more flops will invoke discipline "reasonable under the circumstances," league says, including fine and/or suspension

So who is going to be the first Clipper to get to five?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You're seriously complaining about Carmelo Anthony not getting superstar calls?

Holy fuck, what's everyone smoking in NYC? We don't have that good shit.

My man KD gets sneezed on he gets 2 shots. Melo gets mauled going for a rebound and looks at a ref he is getting called for a tech.

Talon

All the Hawks need is for Josh Smith to play awesome defense and not take the midrange jumpers the Pacers will give him.

We're getting swept.

Evan Fournier in April:
8 games, 23 mins, 11.5 pts (50%/35%/93%), 2.8 asts, 2.3 rbs, 1.4 stls.

Even better than I had hoped at that stage in his career (20 yo). Great stuff.

I can't go through with a Hawks pick :(

Thunder in 6
Spurs in 5
Nuggets in 5
Grizzlies in 7

Heat in 5
Celtics in 6
Pacers in 6
Nets in 6

Second-round

Thunder over Grizzlies in 7
Spurs over Nuggets in 7

Heat over Nets in 4
Pacers over Celtics in 7

Conference Finals:

Heat over Pacers in 4
Thunder over Spurs in 7

Finals:

Heat over Thunder in 6

^why do you believe in us

Trust me Tony is hurt beyond repair.

[also....no fucking way MIL is taking a game lol]

Its true that Paul George is hurt, and their offense will suffer as a result, but tbh they have enough weapons to make up for it.

Besides, its not like they're going to win on the offensive end. They'll beat the Hawks by holding them to 75-85 a game. Hibbert, Hill, George, West...the Hawks aren't scoring on that. Horford's midrange game isn't going to push them over the top.

Though I'd think by now you'd have learned to stop believing in Josh Smith

Nori Chan

Best gaf uses my title...IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO

MAMA WE MADE IT
iBc8kGRV7tXz0.gif

Josh Smith playing for the max is actually a negative.

He's going to be looking to showcase his offensive talents.

That's a good way to lose games.

True, but unless Hawks are going to play heavy PnR I don't think this will matter much.
Not necessarily, they like to get up on the shooter when their more athletic bigs come on.
Harris is a bigtime liability on D, unless he scores 20 per in the series they're dead.
He's not really the first, they try to get David West and Hibbert and go inside out. Problem is... it's fuckball. I don't think even they identify a #1 option.
All the Hawks need is for Josh Smith to play awesome defense
bwhahahahhahhahah
and not take the midrange jumpers the Pacers will give him.
bwhahahahhahhahah!
Don't. He's a liar.

I would be happy with the flopping penalty list, but I don't actually have any faith that they'll call out any major players. Did Chris Paul make it through the season without a flopping fine? Cause if so they aren't about to start calling these things fairly now.

Best gaf uses my title...IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO

MAMA WE MADE IT
iBc8kGRV7tXz0.gif

put your hand down fool, you're embarassing us.
act live youve been here before.
laker-age doesn't celebrate division banners, conference banners, nor do we celebrate making the playoffs.
we only celebrate one thing.
the ring, baby.

Nori Chan

put your hand down fool, you're embarassing us.
act live youve been here before.
laker-age doesn't celebrate division banners, conference banners, nor do we celebrate making the playoffs.
we only celebrate one thing.
the ring, baby.
bitch please go stare at your girlfriend grinding on other guys and get a hard on

#NeoLakers are here to stay. You are on cloving level now so retire old man let the youngsters get it.

that gif is so apt because to me represents Nori-Chans contribution to Lakers-age...
you're the Rasheed of Knicks age. Just here for the ride bby

20/1 odds Miami sweeps entire playoffs.. doable?

Also why Lakers haven't signed Scott yet as our new coach?

nah

I'm really concerned about how much effort their roleplayers have put in the last two months. Some of those guys are pretty old too. They are going to have a close series at some point.

My man KD gets sneezed on he gets 2 shots. Melo gets mauled going for a rebound and looks at a ref he is getting called for a tech.

That's because Stern considers Melo a 'thug'. I'm not joking, he doesn't want his top-tier superstars to have that image and be heavily associated with rap music. KD's a saint compared to Melo, in David's eyes.

That's because Stern considers Melo a 'thug'. I'm not joking, he doesn't want his top-tier superstars to have that image and be heavily associated with rap music. KD's a saint compared to Melo, in David's eyes.
wat.
KD raps bout drivin down the highway strapped up cause "niggas finnin' to violate"
Only thing Melo ever did was get caught on camera saying "no snitchin"

Talon

Heavy - Providing insight that nobody asked for.

Heavy, 30% of NBA players have a rap album. Tony effing Parker rapped.
wat.
KD raps bout drivin down the highway strapped up cause "niggas finnin' to violate"
I take it you forgot about "Fight Night at MSG"

Now in fairness since then he redid his image and cut his rows since then.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
wat.

yeah but really does anyone actually believe KD's raps. He's like the kid you meet in college from a small town who joins a fraternity and raps about "busting caps" and shit. Its all bluster.

Melo's no snitchin thing became a bit of a national scandal and then he use to rock braids and was cool with AI on top of that, and gets into fights too.... Thats all the signs stern needs to see

yeah but really does anyone actually believe KD's raps. He's like the kid you meet in college from a small town who joins a fraternity and raps about "busting caps" and shit. Its all bluster.

Melo's no snitchin thing became a bit of a national scandal and then he use to rock braids and was cool with AI on top of that, and gets into fights too.... Thats all the signs stern needs to see

^ He gets it.
KD has a clean-cut image, he's the ideal Stern-era NBA superstar. Idc if he raps down the highway or has some photos out there, his image is clean as a baby's ass. Melo is a 'thug' in comparison and doesn't get nearly the amount of calls KD does. I got no vested interest in either the Thunder or the Knicks, I'm telling it like it is.

Top Bottom