• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There were some questionable plays in the Warriors game. Faried's elbow and Koufos pushing Curry was pretty bush league, but a few others like Faried pulling down Jack after that one pump fake when he tweaked his ankle also didn't look right.

Not that any of those are to blame for the Warriors losing, but it was still a lame strategy by Karl and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jackson is at least partially right. Not so much about specifically targeting Curry's ankle, not sure how you even do that, but they definitely got some cheap shots in.

fariedshove.gif

Warriors are dirty as hell. Bogut is one of the dirtiest guys in the league.

Godslay

Banned
There were some questionable plays in the Warriors game. Faried's elbow and Koufos pushing Curry was pretty bush league, but a few others like Faried pulling down Jack after that one pump fake when he tweaked his ankle also didn't look right.

Not that any of those are to blame for the Warriors losing, but it was still a lame strategy by Karl and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jackson is at least partially right. Not so much about specifically targeting Curry's ankle, not sure how you even do that, but they definitely got some cheap shots in.

I'd give Bogut the round. Had clear octagon control and was the aggressor.

fariedshove.gif

Bogut's been known as dirty for awhile, this isn't news.

Fjordson

fariedshove.gif

Warriors are dirty as hell. Bogut is one of the dirtiest guys in the league.
What? You do know that came after Faried needlessly hit Curry going through the lane twice, right? One of them being the blatant elbow at the beginning of the game.

Bogut's shove on Faried's goofy ass was great, that was direct retaliation for his two cheap shots.. The one that was unnecessary was Draymond Green bashing into Faried later on when boxing out.

Blake is such a phony superstar. Can't believe I dreamt if him being a Laker a few years ago.

DeAndre is trash too and Clipps gave him that crazy contract. CP should see the writing on the wall and get the hell out of dodge.

Zep

Banned
Blake is such a phony superstar. Can't believe I dreamt if him being a Laker a few years ago.

DeAndre is trash too and Clipps gave him that crazy contract. CP should see the writing on the wall and get the hell out of dodge.

I wouldn't call him phony just yet. His first full season he showed confidence in his jump shot and so pretty decent post moves. I don't know what happened to that Griffin but I'm the one to believe that once you show that ability you never lose it. Don't know what will bring it back out in Griffin but it better happen soon because its a one-man show out there right now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I wouldn't call him phony just yet. His first full season he showed confidence in his jump shot and so pretty decent post moves. I don't know what happened to that Griffin but I'm the one to believe that once you show that ability you never lose it. Don't know what will bring it back out in Griffin but it better happen soon because its a one-man show out there right now.
Never happened in any year

Another in the long line of wannabe Shawn Kemps

Godslay

Banned
Karl teams are pretty dirty

I'd say you were right in the Thuggets days. This team plays pretty clean imo. If the shots were so cheap and meant to hurt Curry, why didn't they send some goon in to do the work? Doesn't make sense to put Faried out there and risk knocking him out of the game.

After rewatching the 'attempted hits' and all the whining going on, sounds more like Mark Jackson doing what he does best and releasing a stream of verbal diarrhea. Those were love taps.

Fjordson

Yep. Jordan is garbage and Griffin hasn't really progressed all that much since his rookie year.

jjasper

I don't really see why it is taking everyone so long to figure out how garbage Jordan is. Half of the reason we kept losing leads in the fourth last year was because his ass kept getting benched in the fourth for Martin and Evans.

Blackace

I'd say you were right in the Thuggets days. This team plays pretty clean imo. If the shots were so cheap and meant to hurt Curry, why didn't they send some goon in to do the work? Doesn't make sense to put Faried out there and risk knocking him out of the game.

After rewatching the 'attempted hits' and all the whining going on, sounds more like Mark Jackson doing what he does best and releasing a stream of verbal diarrhea. Those were love taps.

Nope Karl teams have always been ratchet

Blackace

His spin move in the post was pretty deadly in the 10-11 season. His overall moves that year were limited but he definitely showed it.

Please... was hardly a move

And that would be a move not moves in the post

Top Bottom