• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

these beatings are a necessary evil

Not really. McFail has another free year or two with the Rockets just for getting them in the playoffs. It's not like getting swept in an ugly fashion is going to give him the boot or anything, and Lin is here to stay because he brings in $$ from Asia

rando14

it's okay smokey

the beard is the new schoob

i9w7QO7vM5o5M.gif

lmao holy shit talk about a blow out game...damn

surprised at how poorly harden and lin was tonight however. yikes. its lins first playoff game so its understandable but man the twitter backlash is crazy

Nori Chan

so glad were not the 8th seed getting that "bite the pillow I'm going in dry" pipe

I have settled for the "are you ready? I'm going to lay it in nice and slow" pipe as the 7th seed

I kind of hate OKC. I hate them playing black eyed peas at the end of this game, I hate the stupid ass beer laws there, and I hate all of these bottle blondes throughout this arena. Come at me, Gondo.

rando14

I kind of hate OKC. I hate them playing black eyed peas at the end of this game, I hate the stupid ass beer laws there, and I hate all of these bottle blondes throughout this arena. Come at me, Gondo.

that hate is but a shadow compared to the hate of Sonics GAF :p

Suffice to say the Nugs/GSW game 1 yesterday was the highlight of the playoffs so far???

It'll probably be the only good series of the first round.

Actually, with Lee out for the rest of the playoffs maybe Denver runs away with it and that series ends up sucking too.

This is my only beef with the NBA -- the teams that should win do win 90% of the time. Semi-upsets are rare, major upsets are incredibly rare. Compare this to the NFL where you see runs like the Cardinals had with Warner when they made the Superbowl, or these NY Giants teams that go like 9-7 and win the SB, the Seahawks that one year (robbed by the refs, btw).

You don't see this in the NBA's postseason. It doesn't matter if it's only one game and you're out in the NFL because even the MLB and NHL have far more upsets and they have 7-game series' as well.

This is why the NFL is so popular, there's far more parity than any other of the 4 major sports.

This is why the NFL is so popular, there's far more parity than any other of the 4 major sports.

More than half the league makes the playoffs in the NBA. The top seeds don't get byes, and play the lowest seeds.

It's also the difference between 'any given Sunday' nature of single elimination and a best of seven series.

KingKong

Someone reply to the novel I just wrote so I don't feel like I wasted time.

Lee is a terrible defender so him being out isnt a big deal for the Warriors

Also I prefer the best teams winning rather than the NFL format. Even over a single game there are too many possessions for the better team though

linsivvi

NBA will never have "parity" because it's basketball. When you make 30-40 FGs and 100 plays per game, the better team tends to win. It's less random and a lucky FG or two are less likely to make a difference.

Also, 7 game series helps to ensure the better team wins.

Top Bottom