• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

your right make it 1 million partially guaranteed 2 year deal.... then he was waived so he is probably taking home a million... either way they can do it again if necessary

Dude, not even close. It was only partially guaranteed, and it was minimum since they had no cap space and no exception left. It's a fraction of a minimum contract for a player with zero nba experience, it's the bottom of the bottom.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Dude, not even close. It was only partially guaranteed, and it was minimum since they had no cap space and no exception left. It's a fraction of a minimum contract for a player with zero nba experience, it's the bottom of the bottom.

fair enough but the precedent is set that the knicks can pay JR in round about ways. I am not saying they will throw the bank at him but I believe they can pay him a little more in non traditional ways

I'm back.

Knicks are back.

Nori still sucks.

You aint never lied

Also the mavs will likely go balls on the wall for Dwight. This is their best chance and they gave up a lot to try to get him.

masud

Banned
I'm back.

Knicks are back.

Nori still sucks.
jrsmithyay.jpg

JR: Knicks age

Pierce: Haterz

thekad

Banned
Except against teams like the Grizz with actual inside players. Perk's biggest positive is that he's capable of guarding virtually every C in the league one-on-one, freeing up our other guys to lock down the perimeter and collapse to the rim when guys try to drive.

If we end up facing Memphis (unlikely though it is) I know I'd feel much less confident with Thabeet as our starting C. Same goes for future years when the Lakers get better (assuming Dwight stays).

If we were in the Least I'd probably agree with you. But in the Bestern Conference you need interior defenders who can at least hold their own. The same holds true if we end up facing the Knicks in the Finals. All of a sudden Perk isn't so worthless.

Except Collison is better than Perk and can take all his minutes and improve the team. He's also much cheaper.

If Wallace finds his groove the Nets are a dangerous team. It blows that we likely won't get to see them play the Knicks in the playoffs this year.

diehard

Fleer
If Wallace finds his groove the Nets are a dangerous team. It blows that we likely won't get to see them play the Knicks in the playoffs this year.

I usually hate the Eastern Conference but Nets vs Knicks would have been my most wanted series.

hopefully Deron keeps being playoff Deron.

Except against teams like the Grizz with actual inside players. Perk's biggest positive is that he's capable of guarding virtually every C in the league one-on-one, freeing up our other guys to lock down the perimeter and collapse to the rim when guys try to drive.

If we end up facing Memphis (unlikely though it is) I know I'd feel much less confident with Thabeet as our starting C. Same goes for future years when the Lakers get better (assuming Dwight stays).

If we were in the Least I'd probably agree with you. But in the Bestern Conference you need interior defenders who can at least hold their own. The same holds true if we end up facing the Knicks in the Finals. All of a sudden Perk isn't so worthless.

This would be true if we were in the 80´s or 90´s where you had big man that needed double teaming.

There´s not a single big man in the league right now that commands a double team down low. The so called best big in the game today, Dwight Howard is a joke on offense. Guys like Marc, old Pau, old Tim are nice and all but nowhere close to justify double teams and crazy defensive schemes.

Perk is pretty much useless these days, and since drawing charges in today´s game is more important than actually playing D on rim, Nick Collison is a great asset, because that´s what he does all game.

I will never get the fascination with Lebron James FG %. HE had like 4-5 dunks and about 3 layups that were and 1's. This is the type of stuff he has been doing all year. Make him a shooter and he is mortal. I still never understand how he gets to the rim the way he does. It always looks like the defense just lets him.

I will never get the fascination with Lebron James FG %. HE had like 4-5 dunks and about 3 layups that were and 1's. This is the type of stuff he has been doing all year. Make him a shooter and he is mortal. I still never understand how he gets to the rim the way he does. It always looks like the defense just lets him.

He intimidates them, if guys will just man up and stay they will usually draw an offensive foul.

Freakish speed + fear that touching him will get you a Flagrant 1.
He intimidates them, if guys will just man up and stay they will usually draw an offensive foul.
2473273-page0_blog_entry34_mj_laughing1.gif

Still can't believe Lin shit the bed like that yesterday. Greg Smith too smh

You guys would be complete if you swapped Lin with Eric Bledsoe and picked up Josh Smith. That Lin contract is terrible.

And Bron can drive consistently because A. He pushes off literally every drive and B. Whistle if you even come close to making significant contact with him.

I don't know why the NBA thinks fans hate defense. What fans really hate are free throws. That or that terrible LAL/SAS game where the defense sucked but guys were just missing for whatever reason.

Great D + Freeflowing game without fouls is always fun. It means tons of transition plays also.

thekad

Banned
Still can't believe Lin shit the bed like that yesterday. Greg Smith too smh
Saw it coming from a mile away. Lin seems to always comes up short in big games (no racist). And Greg Smith shouldn't have been starting anyway; that's on McFail.

Vire

camron.gif

I think if the Nets decided to play fuckball and used their entire roster to generate fouls I think they'd have a chance at tiring out Miamis roleplayers enough to actually have a shot.

They aren't well coached tho.

Heat have beaten the Nets the last 14 times we've met.

Nets/Heat will not be a good series. Anyone who says otherwise, simply hasn't been paying attention.

If you could play physical with him and force him to shoot more, that FG thing would be irrelevant.

Also, so happy for JR Smith!

Grantland's take on JR Smith before this season

Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT about 19 minutes ago
JR Smith won Sixth Man with 72 of 121 first-place votes, 484 points. Jamal Crawford (31 1st-place votes) finishes second, w/352 pts. Jarrett Jack was third (14 first-place votes), followed by Kevin Martin (2), Ryan Anderson (1), Andre Miller (0), Jordan Crawford (1).
... who the fuck voted for Jordan Crawford? The saddest thing is that's not the worst voting crime.
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN about 17 minutes ago
Miami media gave Shane Battier two third place votes. These guys have no shame.
Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT about 17 minutes ago
As always, the fun is seeing who else got votes. Third-place votes for JJ Redick, Vince Carter, Gordon Hayward and Luke Babbitt.
Luke fucking Babbit. Oh my God.

Heat have beaten the Nets the last 14 times we've met.

Nets/Heat will not be a good series. Anyone who says otherwise, simply hasn't been paying attention.

To be fair Deron hasn't even been good until like March of this year, but yeah its scary seeing that they've been blown out almost every time they've played the Heat :0/

But this version of Deron is like...a massive difference in terms of how he can help a team.

Top Bottom