• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Vire

Hibbert, Duncan, Gortat, Chandler, Drummond, McGee, Pekovic, Monroe, Sanders.

I mean, it's bad, but it's not that bad you have to list Birdman (and he's a PF btw)

If Birdman is a PF, so is Duncan.

Chandler is really the only other one I missed that's worth mentioning. Besides that I would take Joakim Noah above all of the others.

Needless to say, my point still stands - 2013's Centers are weaksauce.

I think

Favors
Sanders
Asik
Valanciunas
Drummond
Noel
Davis
Kanter
Vucevic
...Maybe Monroe

All are really good centers or prospects who have entered the league pretty recently (or are about to in Noel)

Gasol, Bropez, Dwight, Noah, Chandler, Hibbert are good to great as well and make the position fine even if you want to take KG, Duncan, and Horford out of the position for some reason.

Chandler is really the only other one I missed that's worth mentioning. Besides that I would take Joakim Noah above all of the others.

Duncan is a center, Birdman is a PF. Birdman only gets away as a C because the league goes small a lot.

The center position isn't bad. There's very little greatness and very little consistent offensive firepower at the center position, this is true. But it's nothing like how bad the SG position in the NBA is. It's Wade, Kobe, Harden, Gordon followed by some mediocre players like Redick and then mostly crap.

Vire

I think

Favors
Sanders
Asik
Valanciunas
Drummond
Noel
Davis
Kanter
Vucevic
...Maybe Monroe

All are really good centers or prospects who have entered the league pretty recently (or are about to in Noel)

Gasol, Bropez, Dwight, Noah, Chandler, Hibbert are good to great as well and make the position fine even if you want to take KG, Duncan, and Horford out of the position for some reason.

Nikola Vucevic is a very strong up and coming. He is a monster on the boards, I was really impressed whenever I saw the Magic play. He's one of the few bright spots on that team...

How does Calipiri do it?

tumblr_mb6ix3MnPw1rhkyyso1_500.gif

charsace

Is that because you think he won't ever get healthy again or what because Dwights numbers pre-injury are kind of insane. An average of like 113 ORTG and like 95 DRTG multiple seasons in a row.

In comparison Brook is rocking like 114 ORTG this year and like 105 on D.
He is limited offensively and not being able to work with Kobe is a bad sign. Dwight lacks in skill offensively and his offensive awareness is not good at all. He's also a mediocre pick player. He has no range and a bad jumper. He doesn't read well when rolling either. He should generate way more points than he does just based off of the quickness he has and the quick jumping advantage he has over other centers.

And the ft's.

Vire

Duncan is a center, Birdman is a PF. Birdman only gets away as a C because the league goes small a lot.

The center position isn't bad. There's very little greatness and very little consistent offensive firepower at the center position, this is true. But it's nothing like how bad the SG position in the NBA is. It's Wade, Kobe, Harden, Gordon followed by some mediocre players like Redick and then mostly crap.

By the way NBA.com lists Duncan in the Forward position. Same as KG.

Also Huh? There are plenty of great Shooting Guards.

Wade
Kobe
Manu
Iguodala
Harden
Ellis
Crawford
Johnson
Mayo
George

Ray's also still got it.

giri

Wade
Kobe
Manu
Iguodala
Harden
Ellis
Crawford
Johnson
Mayo
George

Bolded lowering the bar for the definition of "great".

giri

I didn't say Hall of Famers, I said great.

Paul George, Iggy, OJ Mayo are great. I'd take them any day.

I know what you said.

And i'm not altering my original statement.

Also, LOL at anyone using Hibbert or Gortat as an example of v.good or better C's.

Vire

I know what you said.

And i'm not altering my original statement.

Also, LOL at anyone using Hibbert or Gortat as an example of v.good or better C's.

If they said overpaid then they'd be right.

I can't blame teams though, it's tough getting a good C. Look at Kwame. haha

Wade
Kobe
Manu
Iguodala
Harden
Ellis
Crawford
Johnson
Mayo
George

Ray's also still got it.

ugh. Iggy, George are SFs. Crawford was terrible until this year and he's 32. I'm betting on a regression next season. Manu is the only one I forgot to put in the list. Iso Joe, Allen, and Mayo are mediocre right now.

Ellis is crap. Ellis is not good at NBA basketball.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY TO GIRI

Sam Amick said:
Phoenix announces GM Lance Blanks is out. He had a year left on contract.He was advocate of interim Lindsey Hunter's, so bad news for both

Vire

ugh. Iggy, George are SFs. Crawford was terrible until this year and he's 32. I'm betting on a regression next season. Manu is the only one I forgot to put in the list. Iso Joe, Allen, and Mayo are mediocre right now.

Ellis is crap. Ellis is not good at NBA basketball.

Both Iggy and George play SG all the time depending on the team.

I'll agree though, I probably shouldn't have put Ellis on the list. He was better in Golden State, not sure what happened.

I think he just hates the Bucks and he's miserable there.

Both Iggy and George play SG all the time depending on the team.

I'll agree though, I probably shouldn't have put Ellis on the list. He was better in Golden State, not sure what happened.

I think he just hates the Bucks and he's miserable there.

They only play SG because the SG position is so bad and their team has too many SFs.

They aren't SGs, though.

Ellis has always been bad. If anything, he's better in Milwaukee because he shoots less, which is always good.

Vire

They only play SG because the SG position is so bad and their team has too many SFs.

They aren't SGs, though.

Ellis has always been bad. If anything, he's better in Milwaukee because he shoots less, which is always good.

I just looked up his stats when he was on Golden State since I was curious to how it matched up to my memory.

TbEX4ns.png

He definitely played better there. Ellis has already said he's getting the fuck out of MIL after this season is done.

Also happy B-day giri.

Thanks a lot Bill Platchke. Fucking hack writer.

He definitely played better there. Ellis has already said he's getting the fuck out of MIL after this season is done.

He was trash. Look at his TS% and his defense (well, try to recall it). Ellis was the only member of the dubs whose team was better when he didn't play for like 3 straight seasons

giri

HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY TO GIRI

I'm so happy right now, i dunno how to express it.

PLZ mean lindsay is gone too. PLZ.

there isn't even a .gif for how happy this makes me. Best Bday present yet.

Of course, it's sarver, so i presume he's going to hire someone worse at each position. So there is that.

But i'll revel in the small victory for the time being.

giri

Hibbert is the anchor of a two top defense in the NBA.

Whilst i'm normally a huge advocate that C's play a huge role in the teams D, i don't think thats true in Indiana. And Hibbert, iirc, is pretty terrible at guarding the PnR too.

But this is a guy who couldn't dominate against a team, in the play offs, where he was the biggest player, and the tallest, by 4 inches. For a whole series.

Hibbert sealed his mediocrity there, and hasn't climbed out of it yet.

Vire

Whilst i'm normally a huge advocate that C's play a huge role in the teams D, i don't think thats true in Indiana. And Hibbert, iirc, is pretty terrible at guarding the PnR too.

But this is a guy who couldn't dominate against a team, in the play offs, where he was the biggest player, and the tallest, by 4 inches. For a whole series.

Hibbert sealed his mediocrity there, and hasn't climbed out of it yet.

Bosh went down and he couldn't beat up on the likes of Joel Anthony and Udonis Haslem...

Hibbert is not the player he should be for the kind of money he is getting.

He's still good though.

Hibbert is a weird player. Doesn't play a ton of minutes, can't rebound, can't score, yet he's probably the anchor of a pretty good defense.

He's definitely an anti-stats guy, but I tend to lean on the side of him being a below average C.

Kacar

Lol kornheiser just said Phil should go to Cle, and get an amnestied Kobe, and lebron next year.

I have full belief that we end up getting nobody, and then kyrie leaves......

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Their rookies though... how many Season did it take more the good centers to get nice? at least a few. Thats the thing with bigs they 9 times out of 10 have to be developed properly and get use to playing center in the NBA

Vahagn

Are we really having a discussion about the depth of Centers and SG's in the league?

They're both porous.

PG's and PF's are the most loaded. And after that the 2 best players in the league + Carmelo are SF's

Lol kornheiser just said Phil should go to Cle, and get an amnestied Kobe, and lebron next year.

I have full belief that we end up getting nobody, and then kyrie leaves......

Phil makes it a point to trash that city every time he visits it on a road trip. He's not signing there.

As Zen as he is, location is important to him. He's a beach, great weather, and sandals kind of guy.

Top Bottom