• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

rT19TAK.png

Source
Take away his points in the paint and he's still within a percentage point of Carmelo and Kobe's total FG%.

JR smith wins 6moty with a below average TS% and overall 42/36/76%. And playing 34mpg.

SMH NBA

James Harden won the award a year ago playing 31 and a half minutes. Crawford won it in 2010 playing 31 minutes with almost identical averages. Leandro Barbosa played 33 minutes a game and won the award in 2007. Jet Terry won it in 2009 playing 33 minutes a game.

Why can't Smith win it?

James Harden won the award a year ago playing 31 and a half minutes. Crawford won it in 2010 playing 31 minutes with almost identical averages. Leandro Barbosa played 33 minutes a game and won the award in 2007. Jet Terry won it in 2009 playing 33 minutes a game.

Why can't Smith win it?

Because he shot a below average TS%, that's why.

exarkun

I mean, JR plays ignorant ass basketball. That IQ is smfh bad alot of the time. Watching him in Denver, and now with the Knicks, the only difference is that he made a few more of his ridiculous shots that he shouldn't have taken in the first place. And hes in a bigger market.

Still love Melo, and I'm ok with the knicks as a team, but JR is frustrating to watch more often than not.

diehard

Fleer
Take away his points in the paint and he's still within a percentage point of Carmelo and Kobe's total FG%.

That would give him even more room to shoot jumpshots, he would be higher than them in %.
Is that the lone qualifier for 6th man of the year?

Let's say that the competitors for 6MOTY were Crawford, Nate Robinson and Jarrett Jack. Can we have a comparison between them and an illustration why JR shouldn't have won it?

I think Jack had better stats in less minutes..

Eric Bledsoe has odd PER 36 numbers. 15, 5, and 5. Not bad or anything but a guy with his efficiency and 3 ball seems like he'd at least flirt with 20 PPG.

Vire

I really don't have a problem with JR earning Sixth Man of the year based on his stats. But the Knicks can have em'....

Jacking up ill-advised shots, very streaky, commits bone headed plays left and right.

Congrats I guess?

Is that the lone qualifier for 6th man of the year?

Let's say that the competitors for 6MOTY were Crawford, Nate Robinson and Jarrett Jack. Can we have a comparison between them and an illustration why JR shouldn't have won it?

Jamal Crawford shot better from the field, 3, and FT line and scored at a better rate (only played 5 less minutes). He also led the best bench in the NBA and an actual bench unit (smith was much more like a starter)

Jarrett Jack also shot better from the field, 3, and FT line and although he scored at a lower rate, he assisted a lot (almost 6 per game).

Nate I don't care about.

kevin pelton said:
The Lakers continued their trend of better defense without injured star Kobe Bryant, holding the Spurs 12.7 points per 100 possessions below their regular-season scoring rate.

heavy konex am cry

Eric Bledsoe has odd PER 36 numbers. 15, 5, and 5. Not bad or anything but a guy with his efficiency and 3 ball seems like he'd at least flirt with 20 PPG.

I love Bledsoe, but he has a tendency to attack the basket and then forget that people typically don't shoot when the rim is directly above their heads. He's extremely aggressive and very athletic, but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

balddemon

Banned
guys guys guys

I just caught up to game of thrones

let me just say it is the best tv show I've watched to date

breaking bad was phenomenal and is a close 2nd

the walking dead was great but lagged in too many parts for my tastes

I know that's not a lot of tv shows to base an opinion on, but GoT is the GOAT for me.

time to start the wire.

Vire

guys guys guys

I just caught up to game of thrones

let me just say it is the best tv show I've watched to date

breaking bad was phenomenal and is a close 2nd

the walking dead was great but lagged in too many parts for my tastes

I know that's not a lot of tv shows to base an opinion on, but GoT is the GOAT for me.

time to start the wire.
Band of Brothers and The Wire shit on Game of Thrones, but that's just my opinion.

Vire

I really shouldn't care about NBA awards, but JR Smith isn't close to as good as Derrick Favors is at basketball.

9 Points isn't exactly a sexy pick, but yes he does shoot a much better percentage (mainly because they are all dunks....)

He's a solid and serviceable player, but nothing to write home about.

9 Points isn't exactly a sexy pick, but yes he does shoot a much better percentage (mainly because they are all dunks....)

He's a solid and serviceable player, but nothing to write home about.

Well, he was the best player on a 43 win team.

I don't JR Smith will ever be that, but OK.

Yes, 9 points and 7 rebounds in 22 minutes really isn't anything that special.

Defensive centers have their value come from more than points.

Do you think Marc Gasol isn't that special of a player?

Vire

Well, he was the best player on a 43 win team.

I don't JR Smith will ever be that, but OK.

Defensive centers have their value come from more than points.

Do you think Marc Gasol isn't that special of a player?

I said he's a solid player, but Marc Gasol shits all over him.

Gasol has more of a mid-range game than Favors and he is a better defensive player.

Yes, 9 points and 7 rebounds in 22 minutes really isn't anything that special.

He's a defesnive Center. He's not on the court to score, he's there to keep the other team from scoring. When Corbin finally unleashes him, he could very easily be a double double machine.

edit: I don't think he's 6MoY btw, but he could be a future DPoY.

I said he's a solid player, but Marc Gasol shits all over him.

Gasol has more of a mid-range game than Favors and he is a better defensive player.

But Marc Gasol's points and rebounds aren't that impressive.

But he's a still a great player.

Because there's more to playing center than volume scoring (and yes, Marc Gasol is easily better, I don't debate this)

Vire

But Marc Gasol's points and rebounds aren't that impressive.

But he's a still a great player.

Because there's more to playing center than volume scoring.

Right and I'm saying Gasol is much more versatile in his game. Favors can dunk and play solid defense, that's about it.

Gasol's rebounds should be better to be quite frank, that's one area he needs to improve on.

Hard to really compare the two. Gasol is clearly better offensively but hard to know if his rebound numbers are legit due to Randolph swallowing them up so well.

And Favors plays with so many other bigs that it's hard to get a gauge on what he would do as a starter until it actually happens.

He's clearly gonna be good tho.

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
The Wire

in that order

Quality shows but do you take antidepressants? Those are some downer shows.

charsace

I really shouldn't care about NBA awards, but JR Smith isn't close to as good as Derrick Favors is at basketball.

JR Smith is good. He just does stupid shit some times. If he was a smarter player he wouldn't be the Knicks sixth man though. He played smarter this year than he has previously.

I would take Brook and Marc over Dwight.

Vire

Hard to really compare the two. Gasol is clearly better offensively but hard to know if his rebound numbers are legit due to Randolph swallowing them up so well.

And Favors plays with so many other bigs that it's hard to get a gauge on what he would do as a starter until it actually happens.

He's clearly gonna be good tho.

Quality shows but do you take antidepressants? Those are some downer shows.

I guess in a league that is desperately starved for a solid center, an above average center certainly stands out. I can't remember a time where Centers were this bad in the league as a whole.

You got what? Brook Lopez?... Dwight Howard? Marc Gasol? Favors? Hibbert?

Umm...

Birdman? :lol

JR Smith is good. He just does stupid shit some times. If he was a smarter player he wouldn't be the Knicks sixth man though. He played smarter this year than he has previously.

I would take Brook and Marc over Dwight.

Is that because you think he won't ever get healthy again or what because Dwights numbers pre-injury are kind of insane. An average of like 113 ORTG and like 95 DRTG multiple seasons in a row.

In comparison Brook is rocking like 114 ORTG this year and like 105 on D.

I guess in a league that is desperately starved for a solid center, an above average center certainly stands out. I can't remember a time where Centers were this bad in the league as a whole.

You got what? Brook Lopez?... Dwight Howard? Marc Gasol? Favors? Hibbert?

Umm...

Birdman? :lol

Hibbert, Duncan, Gortat, Chandler, Drummond, McGee, Pekovic, Monroe, Sanders.

I mean, it's bad, but it's not that bad you have to list Birdman (and he's a PF btw)

Top Bottom