• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

Vire

Remember their little shoving match?

Big deal.

That was patty cake patty cake compared to what went down 10 years ago.

Really, I thought that was dropped the moment it finished. That was as bad as Rafer Alston's head slap.

I'd like to get an $80 million raw deal.

I just mean in terms of being plagued by injuries (infected elbow was disgusting) and never getting a shot at the Playoffs.

Being stuck on the Knicks for so long getting paid jack shit then didn't help either and this is when the Knicks were bad.

@ChrisVernonShow: I was just told that Marc Gasol will be named NBA Defensive Player of Year

Fuck this shitty league

I hope the Grizzlies get swept

Sick 138 DRtg in game 1, Marc. Really dominant. Gettin styled on for a second season in a row smh

Fuck this shitty league

I hope the Grizzlies get swept

Sick 138 DRtg in game 1, Marc. Really dominant. Gettin styled on for a second season in a row smh

inoD6ADcvdEXu.gif

giri

he's also that asshat that made light of derek fisher's daughter having cancer.
so, im not shocked he's reacting that way.

In fairness, Derek Fisher is a living piece of shit who has used his daughter and family as an excuse to get out of contracts several times in the NBA so has invited it upon himself.

It actually really annoys me that Fisher uses her cancer as an excuse like that.

But yeah, you don't have to get on his level.

Lets review the Grizzlies defense and Marc's "contribution" to it in Game 1.

The Clippers only turned the ball over 11 times, 3 of which were steals by the Grizzlies. Marc had none of them.

The entire Grizzlies team had 1 block. None by Marc though.

The Clippers got 14 offensive rebounds, and won the overall rebounding battle 47-23. Marc got 2 of those rebounds.

The Grizzlies fouled 29 times, and sent the Clips to the line for 31 attempts. Marc had 4 fouls.

The Clippers offensive rating was an astronomical 134.9 for the game. While Marc was on the court, it was even worse, at 138.

But hey, at least Marc played 41 minutes! That seems to be what everyone cares about nowadays.

The Clippers only turned the ball over 11 times, 3 of which were steals by the Grizzlies. Marc had none of them.

The Clippers got 14 offensive rebounds, and won the overall rebounding battle 47-23. Marc got 2 of those rebounds.

The Grizzlies fouled 29 times, and sent the Clips to the line for 31 attempts. Marc had 4 fouls.

The Clippers offensive rating was an astronomical 134.9 for the game. While Marc was on the court, it was even worse, at 138.

I guess Tony Parker doesn't deserve any all-NBA 1st/2nd/3rd team consideration now that he played like monkey shit in game 1.

But hey, at least Marc played 41 minutes! That seems to be what everyone cares about nowadays.

It's defensive player of the year, not defensive player of game 1 of the first round, you jackass.

Yep, Marc Gasol didn't play that great in Game 1.

Luckily, there were close to 82 games this year where he did play great defense and DPotY is not a postseason award.

Vire

One game?... Seriously?

Not only that, the picks for awards are based on the regular season. Not post-season play.

It's defensive player of the year, not defensive player of game 1 of the first round, you jackass.

I was under the impression that it was a "who averages the most blocks per game" award, actually

But apparently since Timmy is doing so well in that category this year they decided to change it to a "who averages the most minutes a game" award

Clever, really

I was under the impression that it was a "who averages the most blocks per game" award, actually

But apparently since Timmy is doing so well in that category this year they decided to change it to a "who averages the most minutes a game" award

Clever, really

Does GAF give out a "Poster who watches the least amount of basketball until April" award?

Vahagn

Cuz that's what Defensive Player of the Year award is given out for. Game 1 of the playoffs.

JT gon get ya in the finals.

No. The Spurs will be eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs, JT will go on his usual rant against the league and Stern and how they have it in for his poor, small market Spurs and disappear, never to be heard from again (or at least until the 2014 playoffs start).

No. The Spurs will be eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs, JT will go on his usual rant against the league and Stern and how they have it in for his poor, small market Spurs and disappear, never to be heard from again (or at least until the 2014 playoffs start).

Yea but only because manu and parker aren't 100%.

Howard Beck @HowardBeckNYT about 19 minutes ago
JR Smith won Sixth Man with 72 of 121 first-place votes, 484 points. Jamal Crawford (31 1st-place votes) finishes second, w/352 pts. Jarrett Jack was third (14 first-place votes), followed by Kevin Martin (2), Ryan Anderson (1), Andre Miller (0), Jordan Crawford (1).
so wheres that Tragicomedy guy who was telling me the "experts" said Kevin Martin was a clear runner up to JR for sixth man of the year?

It takes a DPOTY to stop the Kobe-less Lakers.

To stop a healthy Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard frontline, force them into 10 turnovers, and post an incredible 79 DRtg for the game? With half his team injured, and Matt Bonner and Dejuan Blair as the guys next to him?

Yeah, it kind of does. Just because he makes it look easy doesn't mean it is. Tim Duncan is amazing.

He did the same thing to these shitty Clippers that Marc is struggling with, and swept them before they knew what hit em. Made a prime Blake Griffin his bitch at 36 years old.

All this does is show how shit a defender Marc is compared to Duncan, who is now going to retire without the award despite being best in the league damn near his entire career. Fucking tragedy

JR smith wins 6moty with a below average TS% and overall 42/36/76%. And playing 34mpg.

SMH NBA
dude hit two buzzer beating game winners, that huge dagger against OKC and comes up big all the time for the Knicks cause of his versatile scoring ability. terrible argument.
also, Jamal Crawford is one of the worst defenders in the league. at least JR put forward some effort on the defensive end.

jjasper

Glad this is now a single game award and a post season from the year before award. If only it included two postseasons ago.

h3ro

Did they announce Most Improved or ROTY yet? If not, who do you guys have.

Novak should be eligible for Most Improved as he's gone from rotten gutter diaper garbage to the slightly less pungent steaming pile of manure mixed with horse droppings from central park.

Prigioni for ROTY.

Novak should be eligible for Most Improved as he's gone from rotten gutter diaper garbage to the slightly less pungent steaming pile of manure mixed with horse droppings from central park.

Prigioni for ROTY.

lmao. He played 5 min in game 1 and didnt touch the ball. Woodson had enough.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In some regards, it was, he has actually had to play the last 3 seasons, while Amare got paid $100M and doesn't.

Hardly fair.
Dude is injured more than Marcus Camby

Vire

I'd go with...

Paul George or Nikola Vucevic - Most Improved Player

(Vucevic went from being virtually unknown on the Sixers to a promising new young gun in the league with nearly tripled production. Paul George stepped up in a big way after Danny Granger went down and embraced his new role.)

Damian Lillard - Rookie Of The Year

(He'll probably win in a landside)

George Karl - Coach Of The Year

(Karl did a lot with little, I'm not adverse to at least mentioning Spo, his rotations have improved dramatically since last year and helped keep his team motivated throughout the 27 win streak.)

J.R. Smith - Sixth Man Of The Year

(Stats don't lie, even though he did have the most amount of minutes. Kevin Martin is worth mentioning.)

Tim Duncan - Defensive Player Of The Year

(The man deserves it, it's almost like the Academy Awards finally acknowledging LOTR with Return of The King. It's like a lifetime achievement award at this point, let Gasol get it in future years to come.)

Lebron James - MVP

(Not much needs to be said about this one.)

Im watching that Nuggets/Warriors game and the Warriors arent have much trouble scoring and getting the kind of looks they want....Im not sure this isnt a 6 game series, even w/o David Lee.

Top Bottom