• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT| Lakers started from the bottom, and they still there

David Lee was the same guy that shoved Griffin down in New Orleans last year and then celebrated with the crowd when he was ejected, right?

giri

Dude is injured more than Marcus Camby

Whom, lee or amare?

Lee is pretty healthy, so i assume you mean amare?

then yeah, possibly the most injury prone player in league history.

most people wouldn't keep getting multi-year guaranteed contracts with his injury history. And i doubt he gets another one.

But he still has 2 years left with the Knicks. Though the 14/15 year has an ETO option apparently. But i forget how ETO's work in regards to cap space.

charsace

I'd go with...

Paul George or Nikola Vucevic - Most Improved Player

(Vucevic went from being virtually unknown on the Sixers to a promising new young gun in the league with nearly tripled production. Paul George stepped up in a big way after Danny Granger went down and embraced his new role.)

Damian Lillard - Rookie Of The Year

(He'll probably win in a landside)

George Karl - Coach Of The Year

(Karl did a lot with little, I'm not adverse to at least mentioning Spo, his rotations have improved dramatically since last year and helped keep his team motivated throughout the 27 win streak.)

J.R. Smith - Sixth Man Of The Year

(Stats don't lie, even though he did have the most amount of minutes. Kevin Martin is worth mentioning.)

Tim Duncan - Defensive Player Of The Year

(The man deserves it, it's almost like the Academy Awards finally acknowledging LOTR with Return of The King. It's like a lifetime achievement award at this point, let Gasol get it in future years to come.)

Lebron James - MVP

(Not much needs to be said about this one.)
lol at Denver having a little. Denver is loaded. They have 2 starting centers. A good pf. 2 of the better sf's. A 3rd sf who is also good. A good sg prospect. One of the best pg's in the league. One of the best back up pg's. A 4th sf who is a good back up. They have more than a little. Just because they don't have a guy scoring 20+ ppg doesn't mean they are lacking.

Marc as DPOY is absurd. I hate the Spurs but even i agree that it should be Duncan. Defends without fouling, boards, blocks shots and keeps the ball in bounds, all the things you want from your star.

I don't know what's the case for Marc. I guess playing alongside Zach makes it seem like he's better than he actually is.

Also, depth in general in the NBA is trash. Now we have a bunch of good SF's because the SG position is loaded with crap. Back in the 90's you had dozens of good SG's but then the SF position was so bad that the best small forward was Jamal Mashburn (Hill was always hurt).

And centers?

The position is such a joke that right now i would take a guy like Bropez, which is basically a small forward mascarading as a center, because hey, at least he's good on offense, when the other so called big man, are at best, hustle players.

Dwight and Bynum should be the only legit centers in the league, but one is a diva playing like shit and the other might be damaged goods from now on.

Glad this is now a single game award and a post season from the year before award. If only it included two postseasons ago.

Yeah, lets make that comparison bro. Lets talk about the series where the Grizz barely won 4-2 despite Manu playing on a broken arm and Tim on a bum ankle. Lets pretend like thats a fair comparison.

Or we can talk about how Tim is up 14-3 on Marc head to head. Or how old man Duncan has averaged 20-13-4 on 53% on DPOTY Marc this season. Or how if you take any healthy Spur team against any healthy Grizzly team in the last 5 years, you'd have a clean sweep with the quickness. With the quickness.

Marc's Grizzlies haven't done shit but beat a injured team 2 years ago. They've ridden off that undeserved hype into fake contender status, and haven't done anything with it. They're going to lose in the first round again, to an opponent that is going to be murdered in the following round, and its going to be glorious. Fucking. Glorious.

Though, I hope they wait until after they are eliminated for Marc to accept his award. It'd be the perfect picture to sum up Marc's entire career.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, lets make that comparison bro. Lets talk about the series where the Grizz barely won 4-2 despite Manu playing on a broken arm and Tim on a bum ankle. Lets pretend like thats a fair comparison.

Or we can talk about how Tim is up 14-3 on Marc head to head. Or how old man Duncan has averaged 20-13-4 on 53% on DPOTY Marc this season. Or how if you take any healthy Spur team against any healthy Grizzly team in the last 5 years, you'd have a clean sweep with the quickness. With the quickness.

Marc's Grizzlies haven't done shit but beat a injured team 2 years ago. They've ridden off that undeserved hype into fake contender status, and haven't done anything with it. They're going to lose in the first round again, to an opponent that is going to be murdered in the following round, and its going to be glorious. Fucking. Glorious.

Though, I hope they wait until after they are eliminated for Marc to accept his award. It'd be the perfect picture to sum up Marc's entire career.
Game 1

His entire career

Vire

Larry Sanders and Damien Lillard

Larry Sanders?

For real? Why...? Granted most of my exposure of him is when he plays the Heat and he played absolutely terrible in all of our match-ups with them.
lol at Denver having a little. Denver is loaded. They have 2 starting centers. A good pf. 2 of the better sf's. A 3rd sf who is also good. A good sg prospect. One of the best pg's in the league. One of the best back up pg's. A 4th sf who is a good back up. They have more than a little. Just because they don't have a guy scoring 20+ ppg doesn't mean they are lacking.

They have lot's of good players, but no absolute super stars.

What they accomplished in the regular season exceeded the level of talent that they have.

Duncan over Gasol. He guards the other team's best low post scorer every game and he has to do this without fouling out or committing a lot of fouls because Duncan is the Spurs only low post scorer himself. So he's vital on both ends of the court.

Lebron in a landslide for MVP. I don't think Durant should even receive a vote.

Lillard for rookie of the year.

If Orlando wasn't so abysmal then Vucevic would win most improved. But no one watches that team so no one cares or is even aware of him. So it will go to George.

Karl as coach of the year, but his team is ridiculously stacked and they really didn't have a major injury until the end of the season. Marc Jackson deserves credit because he team came to play even though Bogut, Curry, and other plays were out for extended time periods.

jjasper

I like how everytime that series is brought up someone else is hurt. Cant wait till next time we find out Tony Parker had the flu and Pop was suffering a stroke. And how is Tim up 14-3 when everyone knows Marc has won at least times. And I am sure it will be fucking glorious for you if we were to lose against since it is a better alternative than getting sent home early by us again. and we might lose in the first round again I have said all year the Clips are a terrible match up for us. Personally I would have preferred us to tank the last 15 games of the season to play an old busted team that is past it's prime and will never do anything of note ever again.

But again thanks again for letting us know that the criteria for DPOTY revlove around 1 game and a playoff series from a year ago.

you guys I think we should just officially establish Justin Timberlake as a total clown

Because he says that Tim Duncan is an all time great defender and still is at an elite level?

Yeah, totally excessive, let's call him out on that, people never say more ludicrous things on this thread

Fuck it, I'm not even gonna call him by his proper name anymore

Just "Pau's Shadow"

I loved his last album doe

As long as Jay isn't shitting up the track its pretty good

Speaking of which, I feel like I shortchanged the Nets a bit (and overestimated the Bulls; Thibodeau runs his team into the ground so its no wonder they're breaking down now) with my predictions. No idea why I picked the Bulls in retrospect.

Vire

Fuck it, I'm not even gonna call him by his proper name anymore

Just "Pau's Shadow"

As long as Jay isn't shitting up the track its pretty good

Speaking of which, I feel like I shortchanged the Nets a bit (and overestimated the Bulls; Thibodeau runs his team into the ground so its no wonder they're breaking down now) with my predictions. No idea why I picked the Bulls in retrospect.

Net's really aren't that good at all.

Bulls just aren't the same team without Rose/healthy Noah. Nate Robinson isn't going to cut it in the Playoffs and getting rid of CJ Watson when Rose was down was incredibly stupid.

alba

Little is the new Big
???

Boozer will carry the Bulls to a victory over the Nets.

I'm hoping Deng doesn't have an awful game this time around. It'll be interesting to see how Noah is gonna play out in this (even though he should sit out) he said he'd play game 2 so... Yeah :p

Top Bottom