• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
pau/lamar and pau/bynum last year was pretty boss. Although the latter pair was defended pretty well by kobe.
Pfft
Pau LO were skilled but come on son

This a true we will beat you down in the post frontline

Blackace

The Grizz were apparently so done after that Rudy Gay trade.
I like Prince for his D and no ego but Gay would be helpful at times in their playoff run so far

Sooner or later, Martin is going to have a big game. Law of averages demands that he starts making SOME shots. Surely.

And ibaka will have one big game at some point.

But Prince and Allen can't suck for a whole series either, by that same rationale.

Martin was great the last 2 games though. If anything this was the average catching back up.

Ibaka will have a bigger game but at the same time as fisher? Problem is they need multiple guys to hit at the same time not just one.

On the road i don't know who on that team has the balls to come up besides Durant and fish on offense.

linsivvi

All arguments about fouls are stupid. For every call Memphis didn't get, OKC had just as many. If everybody got the calls they wanted we'd just be watching FT's every single possession down the court.

You're just making the same lazy argument that both teams have the same number of missed calls, without any evidence. I am not even calling ref biased on this game, I'm just calling you out for not making any sense.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I like Prince for his D and no ego but Gay would be helpful at times in their playoff run so far
Off all those shots Conley made at the end of the 4th, at least half of them would have been wasted by Rudy.

Blackace

He'd be useful in garbage time I guess. lol
He'd start on the Knicks

Off all those shots Conley made at the end of the 4th, at least half of them would have been wasted by Rudy.
I doubt that but if you think so

Gay would have taken high percentage shots away from their big 3 though. Also allows Allen to get slashes and stuff.
Tony Allen is not good on O
He'd be fine as a sixth man. As long as he wasn't taking shots from zach, marc, and mike.

He would take some from

But there when offense plods to a halt

Having a gunner at that time isn't always a bad thing

LMAO SHAQ. going ham on Perkins.

Tony Allen is a good hustle player on offense but a poor jump shooter. Gay isos get rid of that from him when they are in together.

Pimpwerx

Remember when Shaq was terrible last year on TNT?

He was awful through he ASB this year. I think in the last month or so, he's toned down the beefing with Chuck, and has been displaying more of the analyst he is on NBATV. I actually agree with him more than Chuck, most of the time, but I hate when he goes into his minstrel act. I think he forgot what made him so appealing prior to joining the crew. In his few guest appearances before then, he was endearing. He's been really grating most of the last two season, but the last month or so I've really enjoyed what he adds to the show. PEACE.

giri

The Grizz were apparently so done after that Rudy Gay trade.

Apparently

There hasn't been a frontline like they have in years

True, the lakers with pau/bynum were close but they were never healthy, and this is probably better. Though not as tall.

I can't think of a time when.

Martin was great the last 2 games though. If anything this was the average catching back up.

Ibaka will have a bigger game but at the same time as fisher? Problem is they need multiple guys to hit at the same time not just one.

On the road i don't know who on that team has the balls to come up besides Durant and fish on offense.

Don's disagree. And it's sort of balanced by the odd games on the grizz.

He'd start on the Knicks

I doubt that but if you think so

Tony Allen is not good on O

He would take some from

But there when offense plods to a halt

Having a gunner at that time isn't always a bad thing

Gay not playing means those shots are going to Z-bo and marc and mike. Where they should. Instead of stopping in his hands. Where prince feeds the post, Gay ISO'd.

I wouldn't want him there as a 6thman beacuse it would allow hollins to fall back into bad habbits and try to rely on gay.

I like gay, but he needs some polishing, and better coaching to reign him in. Something hollins isn't able to provide.

Pimpwerx

I think it's kinda funny that DJ Irie used to be a bit of a joke down here. His claim to fame was being the Heat's dj. Now, dude is on TNT and probably getting big money appearance fees now. Plus, he probably bangs half the Heat dancers. Motherfucker. PEACE.

Blackace

True, the lakers with pau/bynum were close but they were never healthy, and this is probably better. Though not as tall.

Gay not playing means those shots are going to Z-bo and marc and mike. Where they should. Instead of stopping in his hands. Where prince feeds the post, Gay ISO'd.

I wouldn't want him there as a 6thman beacuse it would allow hollins to fall back into bad habbits and try to rely on gay.

I like gay, but he needs some polishing, and better coaching to reign him in. Something hollins isn't able to provide.

Gay can score on his own which is something they are missing

Also Pau and AB were decent but still I think this frontline is better

Can't think of a frontline it compares to without going way back

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He was awful through he ASB this year. I think in the last month or so, he's toned down the beefing with Chuck, and has been displaying more of the analyst he is on NBATV. I actually agree with him more than Chuck, most of the time, but I hate when he goes into his minstrel act. I think he forgot what made him so appealing prior to joining the crew. In his few guest appearances before then, he was endearing. He's been really grating most of the last two season, but the last month or so I've really enjoyed what he adds to the show. PEACE.
Chuck was always a bit of a jerk, but he's really just an asshole now.

giri

Gay can score on his own which is something they are missing

Also Pau and AB were decent but still I think this frontline is better

Can't think of a frontline it compares to without going way back

Z-bo and Marc can score out of the post on their own. And at a better rate. Not sure why you'd want an iso wing involved in that.

And... Neither.

I've liked several decisions by hollins so far, when the clips went super small, he just stayed big.

When OKC went big "We were already in a big lineup because thats who we are".

IF the grizz meet the Heat in the finals, will be interesting to see what lineup they trot out against the grizz. I'm not sure they can run with Battier/LBJ @ the 4 with Marc and Z-bo on the floor.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Chuck was always a bit of a jerk, but he's really just an asshole now.

Chuck was always an asshole.... If the worse week ever jokes are true. He is just an asshole right now in a bad mood, which means he isn't telling the asshole jokes and being charismatically clever that usually make assholes bearable to the people around them. Trust me on this as a self admitted asshole and friend of many people who are the same.

Z-bo and Marc can score out of the post on their own. And at a better rate. Not sure why you'd want an iso wing involved in that.

And... Neither.

I've liked several decisions by hollins so far, when the clips went super small, he just stayed big.

When OKC went big "We were already in a big lineup because thats who we are".

IF the grizz meet the Heat in the finals, will be interesting to see what lineup they trot out against the grizz. I'm not sure they can run with Battier/LBJ @ the 4 with Marc and Z-bo on the floor.
matchups would favor the grizzlies. Haslem wouldn't play. Bosh would guard Marc and Battier would have to guard Zbo. I can't think of a situation where Battier wouldn't get abused on defense. oh and Spo would never get LeBron to guard zbo. Bosh would do a decent job on Marc I think.

DRob had no spin by then

19 & 10 his 1st 3 years with Duncan. And Duncan was instantly great when he came in.

Later years sure, but early on in Duncan's career that was an insane frontline.

matchups would favor the grizzlies. Haslem wouldn't play. Bosh would guard Marc and Battier would have to guard Zbo. I can't think of a situation where Battier wouldn't get abused on defense. oh and Spo would never get LeBron to guard zbo. Bosh would do a decent job on Marc I think.

No way Battier defends Zbo. That would be a huge mistake. It'll be Haslem and Bron IMO. Maybe some Birdman + Bosh lineup too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Chuck was always an asshole.... If the worse week ever jokes are true. He is just an asshole right now in a bad mood, which means he isn't telling the asshole jokes and being charismatically clever that usually make assholes bearable to the people around them. Trust me on this as a self admitted asshole and friend of many people who are the same.
Hey, I am too. Earlier today on Chicago sports radio, Chuck was talking about how he wants to retire from being an analyst, and will do so after his contract is up in 3 years. He said that he's been doing this job for too long, and he's looking to become a GM. I just don't think he likes what he's doing anymore, and it's really souring how he comes across.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
has Perkins been good at least once in his career? Why did the Thunder trade for him.
During his Celtics days, he was hyped up as some defensive monster that had all these "intangibles". There were a lot of myths built around him that added to his value. When the Celtics lost to the Lakers in the finals, it was because Perk couldn't play. When he was traded, and the Celtics lost in the playoffs, it was because they got rid of Perk. He was just well protected in the Celtics system, and they covered up his weaknesses.

All of this crap made him a lot more appealing than what he really was, and the Thunder traded for him thinking there were getting just what they needed. They then signed him to an overpaid contract, before even checking to see if he was worth it.

PBY

Banned
During his Celtics days, he was hyped up as some defensive monster that had all these "intangibles". There were a lot of myths built around him that added to his value. When the Celtics lost to the Lakers in the finals, it was because Perk couldn't play. When he was traded, and the Celtics lost in the playoffs, it was because they got rid of Perk. He was just well protected in the Celtics system, and they covered up his weaknesses.

All of this crap made him a lot more appealing than what he really was, and the Thunder traded for him thinking there were getting just what they needed. They then signed him to an overpaid contract, before even checking to see if he was worth it.

THIS IS WHY GRIT SUCKS.

Emwitus

Okc had to go through LA to make any noise in the playoffs. And perkins played pretty good defense against pau/bynum. Thats pretty much it....and then with the emergence of zach/marc and constant rumors of dwight coming to LA it became all the more important to keep him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hey, I am too. Earlier today on Chicago sports radio, Chuck was talking about how he wants to retire from being an analyst, and will do so after his contract is up in 3 years. He said that he's been doing this job for too long, and he's looking to become a GM. I just don't think he likes what he's doing anymore, and it's really souring how he comes across.

man I hope not.... he should look at McHale to see the anguish and stress leaving his comfy job can cause. He is great on TV unless its for an increase in money (or maybe the thrill of competing again) I can't see why he would want to leave. As he's admitted a few times before his job is to watch basketball and talk shit, it can't get much better than that...... Right?

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Little late, just got back from the bar but

WOOOO CONLEY! WOO GRIZZ!!

edit: forgot about that durant jam though. watching it again . . Holy shit man. incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom