• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
annie121gbkv.gif

Alison is wearing red for good luck for the Bulls tonight.

iDru4BbXF2qnW.gif

Evil Annie > *

mmmm

yup. heavy was right, allison brie does look like any other chick in any community college.

effzee

Still Deng-less for tonight which doesn't help but man, feels crazy how he's been trashed online for not playing "with the Flu.", the internet is vicious :O

It'll be interesting to see how things go tonight, sure hope we can bounce back and actually have some kind of flow to the game and not foul after foul >_<. Rose won't play and it'll be another wave of the fucking media going in circles about it for way too long, ugh. In a word, Go Bulls!

I think home court and the way the last game ended will give Chicago a significant boost. I still think they lose but very close. Within 10 points.

Miami still relies heavily on guys knocking down the open 3 looks that Wade and Lebron generate. If those guys are off, Chicago can steal another.

Is Lebron playing? Well then everything is a foul. Hard foul him it's a foul, barely touch him it's a foul, breathe anywhere near him it's a foul....look at him from across the court while he travels it's a foul. Hey, he's good, VERY good but he doesn't need the extra help from the refs.

I thought we over this crap. Again?

I like Olynyk and Dieng. I don't like anything about Len.

Problem with Olynyk is its hard to put him in a starting lineup. You probably don't want him as your starting C unless you've got a guy like Josh Smith next to him, and not many teams have rim protectors at the PF position.

I don't see any reason why Dieng can't be a longer, taller Ibaka to be honest. Like him a lot.

I like what Dieng brings defensively as well, his passing skills are a big bonus too. There aren't many bigs that can pass as well as he does. Fortunately for you NeNe is one of them.

Smokey

stop with the hyperboles, Lin got a boo boo and said shut it down. Even if i thought Lin was better (i Dont due to well you've seen the rockets game) at least Stat isn't soft. Also as I've said don't listen to the ESPN hype. Stat was doing great things in the paint during the season. I don't see the knicks season collapsing because Amare will be in games for max 12 minutes asking to be fed in the paint. Against a team like the pacers if he can get those points and draw some fouls even better.

StaT's defensives lacking can't hurt the team much now anyway because if Hibbert or West get the ball anywhere near the rim they are likely going to score regardless of who the knicks put on them. The knicks know this and instead have been putting pressure on the ball handlers to make sure they can't make the easy pass to the paint also IE why so many turn overs. Amare just needs to front his man to make that pass even harder and he will be doing his thing. The best defense the knicks can do is play the passing lanes aggressively and that isn't a job for bigs anyhow.

#knickstape

Ya'll gon learn. Amare is the latest in the line of knick curses.

alba

Little is the new Big
Haha, I don't think I could see that happening. Man I'm hyped for tonight, gonna be cheering like a mofo and hope we get a good first one at home!

Into

Boozer really needs to be better tonight, sure they all do, but he in particular was disappointing in G2

The big question is not whether Rose will play (he wont), but how the refs will go about it:

For Game 3 on Friday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN), veteran referees Joey Crawford, David Guthrie and Derrick Stafford will officiate. Crawford will make sure the game doesn't get out of control. In the last game he officiated – Memphis' 118-105 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers – Crawford's crew called seven technical fouls, and the Grizzlies shot 47 free throws.

Foster just lost control of G2, i get what he was trying to do, but it just made things worse rather than calm the players down and defuse the many instances where things went too far.

This is to the Bulls benefit.

Joey will keep it close no matter what. He has to this way he can make the game about himself.

not really

The only advantage for the Bulls if if they get a ref crew that swallows the whistle as much as possible. Not sure if thats Joey...

Joey will definitely make sure that the nonsense that happened last game doesn't occur again but he'll probably do that by calling even, ticky tack fouls evenly for both teams which is to Miamis advantage because they are significantly better at drawing fouls.

crpav

I think home court and the way the last game ended will give Chicago a significant boost. I still think they lose but very close. Within 10 points.

Miami still relies heavily on guys knocking down the open 3 looks that Wade and Lebron generate. If those guys are off, Chicago can steal another.

I thought we over this crap. Again?

Nope never going to be over this. I was/am a Shaq fan and you know how I felt through out his dominating ring winning years always hearing "he charges/offensive fouls every time!"? Same thing. Every era has something fans of and haters of players need to grasp onto for arguments sake.

linsivvi

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/10/5411241/seattle-group-raises-bid-for-sacramento.html

In a dramatic, last-minute move, Chris Hansen, head of the Seattle group bidding to buy the Sacramento Kings, announced he is increasing his bid by $75 million, bringing the total valuation of the team to $625 million, by far an NBA team sales record.

Hansen, posting on his website, called the increase "an effort to further demonstrate the extent of our commitment to bring basketball back to Seattle."

Hansen also guaranteed the team, if located in Seattle, would not seek to be a revenue collector as part of the NBA's revenue sharing program.

The. Fuck.

$600M to see DMC's angry face.

No revenue sharing? Good news for the Lakers.

Fox318

Its time to do what needs to be done.

Send a LA team to Seattle. Seeing that the team full of bums is the lakers right now they are the only choice.

Can the NBA legally stop the Maloofs from selling? I mean, why wouldn't they sell to the Seattle group unless Sacramento matches?

They can negate the sale (which is completely separate from relocation), but it would set a terrible example, especially if the Sacramento group's offer is significantly lower.

At this point, I think the NBA wants the Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstrom group to politely bow out before a vote on the sale is made next week. But they won't.

jjasper

So more money and no sharing? What will the Sac group answer with? Playing 4vs5 every game?

Edit: We were so lucky Heisley sold before he got too sick or else this could have involved us too.

They can negate the sale (which is completely separate from relocation), but it would set a terrible example, especially if the Sacramento group's offer is significantly lower.

At this point, I think the NBA wants the Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstrom group to politely bow out before a vote on the sale is made next week. But they won't.

how is this even legally possible tho

how is this even legally possible tho

There will be two votes on Wednesday. One vote on the sale of the team to Hansen, and one vote on relocation. I don't think a sale has ever been rejected, but it can totally happen and is completely within the rights of the NBA owners.

Possible outcomes:

1. Sale of the Kings to Hansen is denied. Only then can the Sacramento group actually make an offer on the Kings, regardless of all the previous hand-holding from Stern and the NBA.
2. Sale of the Kings to Hansen is allowed, but relocation is denied. Hansen owns the Sacramento Kings.
3. Sale of the Kings to Hansen is allowed and relocation is allowed. Hansen moves them to Seattle.

If you remember from last week, the Relocation committee made a recommendation to not move them to Seattle. The Finance committee didn't even vote on a recommendation concerning the sale of the team to Hansen.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
There will be two votes on Wednesday. One vote on the sale of the team to Hansen, and one vote on relocation. I don't think a sale has ever been rejected, but it can totally happen and is completely within the rights of the NBA owners.

Harv and Marv tried to sell the Wolves to a New Orleans-based group in 94. The NBA rejected that.

Dat Wall Street and Microsoft money.

Every sale needs to be approved by the other owners, that's how.

But it´s not that simple. From what i read, the NBA doesn´t have any antitrust protection, so even with their own made up rules they can still be taken to court if something stupid happens.

How much money would the other teams lose if the NBA expands? More than 625 million? Just keep the Kings there and expand to 31. Next TV deal will be bigger anyway...

But it´s not that simple. From what i read, the NBA doesn´t have any antitrust protection, so even with their own made up rules they can still be taken to court if something stupid happens.

How much money would the other teams lose if the NBA expands? More than 625 million? Just keep the Kings there and expand to 31. Next TV deal will be bigger anyway...

This is more what I'm getting at. Of course the NBA has their own internal rules in regards to what they can do to protect their own product, but is it something that would hold up in court, and is it even in the NBAs best interest to let it go that far?

This is more what I'm getting at. Of course the NBA has their own internal rules in regards to what they can do to protect their own product, but is it something that would hold up in court, and is it even in the NBAs best interest to let it go that far?

I think that's why they want Hansen to withdraw his offer and "do the right thing."

Its time to do what needs to be done.

Send a LA team to Seattle. Seeing that the team full of bums is the lakers right now they are the only choice.

Sending the Clippers to Seattle actually does make the most sense. They don't even have their own Stadium for Christ sake. Good luck getting Sterling to sell though.

Fox318

Sending the Clippers to Seattle actually does make the most sense. They don't even have their own Stadium for Christ sake. Good luck getting Sterling to sell though.

Clips have a good team now. With such good all-around players like Jordan and Griffen they can stay a team. LA has the old stars and will have plenty of cap room soon. Dwight will be perfect in Seattle away from the LA hype and fan demand and Kobe can retire in Seattle.

Plus Seattle is closer to Montana so Phil can coach from home in seattle and he can tell his wife to make the deal.

Make it happen Phil.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Goddamn at that Hansen offer. How the hell does the NBA justify saying "no"?

Vestal

Clips have a good team now. With such good all-around players like Jordan and Griffen they can stay a team. LA has the old stars and will have plenty of cap room soon. Dwight will be perfect in Seattle away from the LA hype and fan demand and Kobe can retire in Seattle.

Plus Seattle is closer to Montana so Phil can coach from home in seattle and he can tell his wife to make the deal.

Make it happen Phil.

while you are at it lets move the knicks too.

Omaha Knicks has a nice ring to it. JR can share the pipe with them cornhuskers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom