• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

alba

Little is the new Big
Is Lebron playing? Well then everything is a foul. Hard foul him it's a foul, barely touch him it's a foul, breathe anywhere near him it's a foul....look at him from across the court while he travels it's a foul. Hey, he's good, VERY good but he doesn't need the extra help from the refs.

There's nothing we can do about that though and it is indeed, sad.

Angry Drunk Taj was fined $25k. Glad the NBA took mercy on the Bulls and didn't suspend Noah or Taj. Bulls are down to 6 players as is practically.

Fox318

Angry Drunk Taj was fined $25k. Glad the NBA took mercy on the Bulls and didn't suspend Noah or Taj. Bulls are down to 6 players as is practically.

I was expecting Stern to make the heat's path easier. Suspend all of the Bulls and make Rose sit in a chair in the paint and watch LeBron do a dunk highlight show.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
"They fine Tajjy's drinking money. Now how am I supposed to go and drink *hiccup* and play the ball in basket game. Why I outta grab that Stern and rassklsdje, and then rahrahrah *hiccup*. They're lucky Boozy won't let me to drive, or I would go over there andhsdhsjsdsjsdh *begins to snore*. -Taj Gibson

You can't call every foul

Playing soft defense and trying to avoid the whistle is the quickest way to getting shit on by the Heat.

Just play hard D and if you foul out its next man up. Refs will only foul out so many players before they stop blowing the whistle.

LeBron isn't as mentally tough as he looks. He's shit the bed in the finals 2-3 of times and he gets rattled by a ton of contact more than most superstars.

MVP

Banned
You can't call every foul

Playing soft defense and trying to avoid the whistle is the quickest way to getting shit on by the Heat.

Just play hard D and if you foul out its next man up. Refs will only foul out so many players before they stop blowing the whistle.

LeBron isn't as mentally tough as he looks. He's shit the bed in the finals 2-3 of times and he gets rattled by a ton of contact more than most superstars.

I like how all these internet coaches say this, like no real NBA coach has thought of this. Through all the years of Lebron dominance, and the Heat freight-training through the NBA, all it takes is hard defense to beat them! How could anyone have missed this!

I like how all these internet coaches say this, like no real NBA coach has thought of this. Through all the years of Lebron dominance, and the Heat freight-training through the NBA, all it takes is hard defense to beat them! How could anyone have missed this!

lmao

I never said thats all it took, but you've lost despite anything else that takes place on the court if you try to avoid fouling wade and bron, that's a certainty

You'd be surprised by how many teams just don't D him up hard. Celtics, Bulls, Indiana...theres a reason those are the only series that the Heat even look close to vulnerable.

Paul George isnt a great ball handler. his own coaches "forbid" him from trying to split double teams on the p&r cause he turns the ball over so much. West is a stud. Hibbert is clumsy and one of the least coordinated bigs ive ever seen.
nevermind their PGs have stretches where they can't even feed him the ball. It's one of the reasons I think Tyson Chandler is BS'ing about him being back to 100%. When Chris Copeland guards Hibbert better than you, you're cooked.

MVP

Banned
lmao

I never said thats all it took, but you've lost despite anything else that takes place on the court if you try to avoid fouling wade and bron, that's a certainty

You'd be surprised by how many teams just don't D him up hard. Celtics, Bulls, Indiana...theres a reason those are the only series that the Heat even look close to vulnerable.

True, I was exagerrating a little, but this was more of an issue a couple years ago with Lebron, nowadays its more of a general thing that applies to pretty much any matchup. Strong, hard defense will always shorten the talent gap, and the Heat are so talented, defense is the only way to win for most teams.

I guess we just said the same thing in different ways lol

Emwitus

Boy, I really hope those heatle floppers get knocked out before the finals...or better yet in the finals so i can drink all those tears. Talking like lebron is on a team filled with nobodies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

MVP

Banned
Boy, I really hope those heatle floppers get knocked out before the finals...or better yet in the finals so i can drink all those tears. Talking like lebron is on a team filled with nobodies.

Thats how people act with MJ, like he wasnt surrounded by a HOF cast lol

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Thats how people act with MJ, like he wasnt surrounded by a HOF cast lol
Two things have happened since LeBron went to Miami. His supporting cast's stock has gone down tremendously, and MJ's supporting cast has been painted with a mythical stature.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Why would anyone think Fraudamire coming back is a good thing for the Knicks?

Let me guess, this driveby post is immediately going to be followed by some variant of LeBron is the goat.

... there you go.

lol nice one. But really Stat doesn't suck he can score in the paint very efficently whenever Melo sits (cause those are the minutes he will likely get) nd maybe put some of indiana's bigs in foul trouble. Also he did his thing this season and actually helped the knicks win games. Don't listen to ESPN and Barkley the Hater and draw an opinion on Stat.

Enjoy being the Knicks

thanks we will

really not JR smiths week at all. not only is he getting shit on by fans, he lost his shot and he just got fined for flopping lol. this is the one http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/05/10/bbops-jr-smith-flop-050513.nba/index.html

that looked like a foul but looked like he embellished it way too much

man thats it i am off the JR die/die bandwagon anytime stern gets involved in something like this you can see that he wants to keep JR down for some nefarious reason.... JR has always been live/die we just going through an extended die/die hump right now. Give it some tim

Zeus Molecules

Jr's sister would beat up Chris Brown. Didn't she beat up a whole stadium of chinese people when Jr was playing in China?

I know your joking but in reality yeah JR isn't scared I mean Drake whupped Brown and his body guards asses. JR knows some real street goons.... If anything JR better be careful before Rihanna has him taking Valtrex like Wade

Also what is it with RnB singers who last name is Brown lately. We went from Bobby to Chris and they're both reprehensible people

I know your joking but in reality yeah JR isn't scared I mean Drake whupped Brown and his body guards asses. JR knows some real street goons.... If anything JR better be careful before Rihanna has him taking Valtrex like Wade

Also what is it with RnB singers who last name is Brown lately. We went from Bobby to Chris and they're both reprehensible people

It's that Cleveland Browns taint. It infects anything even tangentially related.

Into

Did Rose really watch Live Free or Die Hard several times as the commentators said? Why? Is John McClane going to inspire him to come back?

Maybe he is watching it right now..

Your Wizards are about to join the group of eastern playoff teams that D it up Faze. I'd be pumped if I were you.

Yea, I'm in favor of keeping this core intact until Nenes contract expires. Okafors offense has fallen off but he very well may have played some of the best D of his career this season. Once we were healthy it was pretty empowering knowing that our frontcourt was smarter than 98% of the league.

Part of me just wants to draft Oladipo so our bench is awesome and call it a day in a draft like this. Trying to go for homeruns is going to get you stung.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did Rose really watch Live Free or Die Hard several times as the commentators said? Why? Is John McClane going to inspire him to come back?

Maybe he is watching it right now..
Dude once spent all day watching Saved by the Bell dvds.

He's an idiot.

lol nice one. But really Stat doesn't suck he can score in the paint very efficently whenever Melo sits (cause those are the minutes he will likely get) nd maybe put some of indiana's bigs in foul trouble. Also he did his thing this season and actually helped the knicks win games. Don't listen to ESPN and Barkley the Hater and draw an opinion on Stat.

the biggest problem stat had this year wasnt his defense but the turn overs. he always had that one post move and he did the exact same thing every time so it became really predictable and people were able to slap the ball out of his hands almost every time.

im excited for stat. i dont think hell mess anything up. we just need him to put in a productive 10-15 mins. get some points, rebound some and yeah get some dudes in foul trouble.

man thats it i am off the JR die/die bandwagon anytime stern gets involved in something like this you can see that he wants to keep JR down for some nefarious reason.... JR has always been live/die we just going through an extended die/die hump right now. Give it some tim

maybe stern is doing us a favor and keeping JR's stock low so we can keep him next year :D

diehard

Fleer
annie121gbkv.gif

Alison is wearing red for good luck for the Bulls tonight.

Zeus Molecules

Amare's mere presence will cause your team to crumble. Happened when Lin came back, and Lin is a better player than Amare so I'm just hoping yall are prepared

stop with the hyperboles, Lin got a boo boo and said shut it down. Even if i thought Lin was better (i Dont due to well you've seen the rockets game) at least Stat isn't soft. Also as I've said don't listen to the ESPN hype. Stat was doing great things in the paint during the season. I don't see the knicks season collapsing because Amare will be in games for max 12 minutes asking to be fed in the paint. Against a team like the pacers if he can get those points and draw some fouls even better.

StaT's defensives lacking can't hurt the team much now anyway because if Hibbert or West get the ball anywhere near the rim they are likely going to score regardless of who the knicks put on them. The knicks know this and instead have been putting pressure on the ball handlers to make sure they can't make the easy pass to the paint also IE why so many turn overs. Amare just needs to front his man to make that pass even harder and he will be doing his thing. The best defense the knicks can do is play the passing lanes aggressively and that isn't a job for bigs anyhow.

Yea, I'm in favor of keeping this core intact until Nenes contract expires. Okafors offense has fallen off but he very well may have played some of the best D of his career this season. Once we were healthy it was pretty empowering knowing that our frontcourt was smarter than 98% of the league.

Part of me just wants to draft Oladipo so our bench is awesome and call it a day in a draft like this. Trying to go for homeruns is going to get you stung.

If Oladipo is there you should definitely grab him. I'd be surprised if he lasted that long though. Otherwise I'd go with the best big available, it's the only position in this draft class that is halfway decent.

If Oladipo is there you should definitely grab him. I'd be surprised if he lasted that long though. Otherwise I'd go with the best big available, it's the only position in this draft class that is halfway decent.

I like Olynyk and Dieng. I don't like anything about Len.

Problem with Olynyk is its hard to put him in a starting lineup. You probably don't want him as your starting C unless you've got a guy like Josh Smith next to him, and not many teams have rim protectors at the PF position.

I don't see any reason why Dieng can't be a longer, taller Ibaka to be honest. Like him a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom