• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

image_zpse1f94c38.jpg
I'd rock it

I don't think Rose expected the Bulls to get out of the first round. So he decided to sit out because his thought process was, "Why should I come back and risk re-injuring myself when we're going to lose in five games or six games at the absolute most?" What he didn't anticipate, however, is that his teammates decided to play through injury and they ended up winning in seven games.

So he's got sick/hurt teammates that decided to man up. If that wasn't bad enough, they ended up winning the series. But his torment doesn't stop there. They went on to beat the Heat in game one of the next series. A game they had no business winning. Again, his teammates are playing hurt and still pulled out a win against the mighty Heat. So this narrative has gone terribly for him. So the Bulls team is doing a lot of things that they shouldn't be doing and they're playing well anyway. So people are saying, "If your teammates can contribute with injuries then why can't you play with an injury you're supposedly healed from?" I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that's how it happened.

I don't think Rose expected the Bulls to get out of the first round. So he decided to sit out because his thought process was, "Why should I come back and risk re-injuring myself when we're going to lose in five games or six games at the absolute most?" What he didn't anticipate, however, is that his teammates decided to play through injury and they ended up winning in seven games.

So he's got sick/hurt teammates that decided to man up. If that wasn't bad enough, they ended up winning the series. But his torment doesn't stop there. They went on to beat the Heat in game one of the next series. A game they had no business winning. Again, his teammates are playing hurt and still pulled out a win against the mighty Heat. So this narrative has gone terribly for him. So the Bulls team is doing a lot of things that they shouldn't be doing and they're playing well anyway. So people are saying, "If your teammates can contribute with injuries then why can't you play with an injury you're supposedly healed from?" I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that's how it happened.

You sure do like writing psychological fiction about what players think all the time. Like, it's a bit weird.

exarkun

Morey got robbed. ROBBED. Gary Sacks beat him for second place? For the Clippers? And CP3 is going to Dallas next year? Wtf? And blake griffin is going to the Nets? I don't get it.

Morey got us Asia Money, The Most Improved Center in the league, and The Floppy Beard. And we still got racks on racks on racks. Shitty league.

fertygo

Morey got robbed. ROBBED. Gary Sacks beat him for second place? For the Clippers? And CP3 is going to Dallas next year? Wtf? And blake griffin is going to the Nets? I don't get it.

Morey got us Asia Money, The Most Improved Center in the league, and The Floppy Beard. And we still got racks on racks on racks. Shitty league.

Who cares?

As long your team got good.

Who cares?

As long your team got good.

Fun fact: Houston only improved by 3 wins from last year (percentage wise)

Nuggets by 10, Clippers by 7.

Pretty sure this is all the voters look at among playoff teams.

Exec and Coach are dumb awards. It's basically the "which team won more games than we thought" or "which team made an obviously easy move to become contender" award most of the time.

You sure do like writing psychological fiction about what players think all the time. Like, it's a bit weird.

Thanks for the contribution. No, really, quoting someone and then calling the post weird in one fell swoop takes an enormous level of talent. But, to be honest, your effort is still more impressive than what Rose has done this season because even you lifted a finger.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

yeah the conclusion is even if she did it their is no conclusive evidence.... However I am glad she is getting some heat in the media. Bitches who live in glass houses shouldn't throw middle fingers because now everyone is thinking your a crazy bitch.....

When you say "Morey got us Asia Money" do you mean "Morey is giving an Asian basketball player much more money than he deserves to be soft and overrated" .... Because if its not Lin then I'm confused as to whom your referring to.

ESPN Radio analyst and Basketball Hall of Famer Dr. Jack Ramsay is in need of immediate medical treatment and will not work the remainder of the NBA playoffs.

"I need some medical treatments at this time and will be unable to work the rest of NBA postseason on ESPN Radio," Ramsay said in a statement to ESPN. "I'll miss doing the broadcasts, but I'll be watching and listening."

Ramsay, 88, did not specify his medical condition. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer 14 years ago and previously had been treated for melanomas.

Since Ramsay previously had stated this likely would have been his last season in the booth, his broadcasting career likely is finished.

"Our thoughts are with Dr. Jack, who is an important member of the ESPN family," ESPN said in a statement Thursday night. "We wish him the very best."

Ramsay, a Miami Heat broadcaster from 1992-2000, had been scheduled to work Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series between the Heat and Chicago Bulls on Friday night.

"I'm going back to Naples (Fla.) and will start the treatment on Monday there," Ramsay told the Miami Herald, which earlier Thursday reported that Ramsay would need immediate medical treatment. "I have a specific time period where I must have this and cannot do it if I'm traveling around. I'll miss doing the broadcasts."

In 20 full seasons as an NBA head coach, Ramsay's teams made the playoffs 16 times, highlighted by winning the 1976-77 championship with the Portland Trail Blazers. He also won a title while serving as general manager of the Philadelphia 76ers in the 1966-67 season.

In 1992, Ramsay was inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame with 864 regular-season coaching victories.

Sounds like cancer again. :(

Exec and Coach are dumb awards. It's basically the "which team won more games than we thought" or "which team made an obviously easy move to become contender" award most of the time.

Bob Myers should be higher. All 3 draft picks have played significant minutes. Jack and Landry have been solid off the bench. Bogut deal has been money.

edit- oh and Steph for 4 years at 44 mil is a steal at this point.

exarkun

yeah the conclusion is even if she did it their is no conclusive evidence.... However I am glad she is getting some heat in the media. Bitches who live in glass houses shouldn't throw middle fingers because now everyone is thinking your a crazy bitch.....

When you say "Morey got us Asia Money" do you mean "Morey is giving an Asian basketball player much more money than he deserves to be soft and overrated" .... Because if its not Lin then I'm confused as to whom your referring to.

I mean we get that China money from jersey sales that everyone really wants. Lin is just the non-buttermilk icing on the edge of the cake.

PBY

Banned
say “eye yam stew peed” 4 times fast y’all gotta try this lol somebody jus got me
— Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) May 10, 2013

thekad

Banned
Good thing people finally realize Rose has had the most help of any supposed superstar in recent memory until Kobe failed to make the playoffs with 3 other HOFers.

J2 Cool

Good thing people finally realize Rose has had the most help of any supposed superstar in recent memory until Kobe failed to make the playoffs with 3 other HOFers.

Meh. I'm completely okay with Rose getting grief for sitting out, I've given him some, but I can't sit by with this.

Rose had them as a 1 seed two years in a row, along with a more stable bench and minus Nate Robinson, Belinelli, a less effective Boozer. Anyone who watched a majority of his games, watched Rose step up every time teams made runs at the Bulls, every time their scoring sagged late in game. The team has changed since he left, and the players like Deng/Boozer and somewhat Noah took on a bigger role in his absence knowing he wouldn't be there at the end of games.

It's made the Bulls a more well rounded, less predictable team to end games but they definitely lost superstar. Opportunistic post though.

Now if you were talking about Howard being an overblown, system player - that I could get behind. He was amazing in the Hawks series, but outside of that I watched him score 2 points here, 6 here and get by on the credit of being the game's best defensive center. Which completely fell by the wayside this year, whatever health you want to talk of. He was never a top 3 player, or top 5, yet we watched him land #2 on a lot of lists.

The next best thing for tonight...

Michael Jordan vs. Martin Sheen & Charlie Sheen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JQhRklAIqa0#!

Thank you for this. Glad we've exposed Jordan had most help of any supposed superstar.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol was just about to comment on that

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Thanks for the contribution. No, really, quoting someone and then calling the post weird in one fell swoop takes an enormous level of talent. But, to be honest, your effort is still more impressive than what Rose has done this season because even you lifted a finger.
Nothing you said had any truth

You have no idea what he is thinking

I only follow the NBA during the playoffs (Europe) so I'm not up to date with everything. I have a question about Golden State. Watched the two Spurs games and was very impressed. They said something about an all-star on the bench. David Lee I think? If he comes back how much better will it make GS? What kind of injury does he have? Thanks.

Kinda feel like whoever wins game 3 between Spurs/Warriors is going to take the series. Pretty nervous about it to be honest. I'm hoping Duncan dominates the game. I'm talking like 30 points and 15 boards

Fjordson

I only follow the NBA during the playoffs (Europe) so I'm not up to date with everything. I have a question about Golden State. Watched the two Spurs games and was very impressed. They said something about an all-star on the bench. David Lee I think? If he comes back how much better will it make GS? What kind of injury does he have? Thanks.
Yeah, David Lee. He has a torn hip flexor. Don't believe it requires surgery or anything, but I highly doubt he'll be playing any meaningful minutes this series.

As for how much better he makes GS, it's tough to say after this recent stretch of games. He's very effective at scoring in the post and is a good rebounder, but as a W's fan who has watched the team all season him being out seems to free up our offense. Without needing to get Lee touches in the post our backcourt is doing work on the perimeter. Steph Curry is hands down the best shooter in the league so more looks for him is always a good thing and Klay Thompson was top three in made 3 pointers this year (and both shoot over 40% from 3). Also, we can go to Klay Thompson at 6-7 or Harrison Barnes at 6-8 in the post when teams put their best perimeter defender on Steph Curry.

Like with San Antonio, if they try to rotate Tony Parker onto one of our other perimeter guys he's just too small to guard them. Also, Lee's interior defense isn't very good, so it's an upgrade on that end with the guys we have filling in at power forward. Though it's important to note that our center was not healthy all year and he's really anchoring our defense in the playoffs, so maybe Lee wouldn't be as much of a liability playing with an effective Bogut. Tough to say.

Only worry is that relying too much on the jumpshot can sometimes bite you in the ass, so we'll see how we do moving forward. Klay's fadeaway in the post is nice and Barnes is improving every day it seems, but neither is an actual post scorer like David Lee.

Yeah, David Lee. He has a torn hip flexor. Don't believe it requires surgery or anything, but I highly doubt he'll be playing any meaningful minutes this series.

As for how much better he makes GS, it's tough to say after this recent stretch of games. He's very effective at scoring in the post and is a good rebounder, but as a W's fan who has watched the team all season him being out seems to free up our offense. Without needing to get Lee touches in the post our backcourt is doing work on the perimeter. Steph Curry is hands down the best shooter in the league so more looks for him is always a good thing and Klay Thompson was top three in made 3 pointers this year (and both shoot over 40% from 3). Also, we can go to Klay Thompson at 6-7 or Harrison Barnes at 6-8 in the post when teams put their best perimeter defender on Steph Curry.

Like with San Antonio, if they try to rotate Tony Parker onto one of our other perimeter guys he's just too small to guard them. Also, Lee's interior defense isn't very good, so it's an upgrade on that end with the guys we have filling in at power forward. Though it's important to note that our center was not healthy all year and he's really anchoring our defense in the playoffs, so maybe Lee wouldn't be as much of a liability playing with an effective Bogut. Tough to say.

Only worry is that relying too much on the jumpshot can sometimes bite you in the ass, so we'll see how we do moving forward. Klay's fadeaway in the post is nice and Barnes is improving every day it seems, but neither is an actual post scorer like David Lee.

Wow thanks for the info.
Out of all current matchups I like GS-SA the best by far. A lot of flow to the games. Heard a lot about Curry but seeing him in action is something else. How was he not selected as an all-star though?
Never heard about Thompson :s so he's really been an eye opener. That three point shooting in G2 damn.

I think its less about GS being amazing and more about San Antonio falling off to be honest

Yea they swept the Lakers but they couldn't have looked less impressive while doing it

I think the Grizz would sweep GS. They should have swept OKC. Durants playing on another level though and holding that team up with his will.

Fjordson

Wow thanks for the info.
Out of all current matchups I like GS-SA the best by far. A lot of flow to the games. Heard a lot about Curry but seeing him in action is something else. How was he not selected as an all-star though?
Never heard about Thompson :s so he's really been an eye opener. That three point shooting in G2 damn.
Yeah, Curry is good enough to be an all-star, but it's tough as a guard with established vets like Kobe, Chris Paul, and Tony Parker. Harden also exploded this year as a starter on Houston so I can understand him making it over Curry.

Curry has been plagued by injuries his first few years also, so I don't think he's been able to show his full potential. Don't think people were expecting him to have such a great year. But now that he's healthy I'll be surprised if he doesn't make it next year.

As for Klay, he's really coming along nicely. He's only been in the league for one year so he's young, but he's becoming a great defender and is starting to drive the ball more rather than only relying on the 3 ball. Can see him as an all-star in a few years also if he can become more consistent.

I think its less about GS being amazing and more about San Antonio falling off to be honest

Yea they swept the Lakers but they couldn't have looked less impressive while doing it

I think the Grizz would sweep GS. They should have swept OKC. Durants playing on another level though and holding that team up with his will.
I think the Warriors have been pretty impressive thus far in the playoffs, but I don't like the Grizzlies matchup either for us. Gasol and Randolph could be a nightmare for us to handle and the Grizz have guys who can match up with Curry, Klay, and Barnes in Conley, Allen, and Prince.

I'm also still nervous about the Spurs series so we may not even get to play Memphis/OKC. I'd love for us to get up by 20 again tonight in the second quarter or something and take the series lead, but I feel like Pop is going to have some good adjustments somewhere and the Spurs will probably shoot it better from the outside. We'll need to play a really solid game tonight to win I think. Even better than in game 2 since our second half wasn't anything amazing.

linsivvi

The thing is, Exec of the year is voted by other executives, they are supposed to know better than the sports media. I guess not.

Perimeter defense has to be schemed up from go (i.e Bulls, Heat), its almost impossible to get your perimeter defense on point over night.

At this point the only thing Pop can do is try to work on some sets to keep his offense in the hundred plus range to try to win shootouts.

Warriors probably win in 6 though. Its a bad sign when guys score at a high level away, because you know the offense is going to be there and them some at Oracle.

The thing is, Exec of the year is voted by other executives, they are supposed to know better than the sports media. I guess not.

There's a good chunk of NBA gaf that are probably smarter than a vast portion of the GM's in the league so its not surprising.

Jackson was asked about the trade Thursday, in the context that moving Ellis created a clear path for Klay Thompson to blossom at shooting guard along with adding Bogut.
“It helped change the culture,” Jackson said. “Obviously, it was easier to pull the trigger because we knew what we had in Klay and it was time for him to be a starting two-guard. And he does everything right.”
How did the deal change the culture?
Jackson paused four seconds.
“It helped change the culture,” he finally said.
Anything specific?
“You know.”
He meant addition by subtracting Ellis. Jackson said it without saying it.

Ice cold...

Crisco

Banned
Nice, she's actually in shape without being super skinny. Like an actual woman, not those anorexic super models athletes usually date.

alba

Little is the new Big
Still Deng-less for tonight which doesn't help but man, feels crazy how he's been trashed online for not playing "with the Flu.", the internet is vicious :O

It'll be interesting to see how things go tonight, sure hope we can bounce back and actually have some kind of flow to the game and not foul after foul >_<. Rose won't play and it'll be another wave of the fucking media going in circles about it for way too long, ugh. In a word, Go Bulls!

crpav

Still Deng-less for tonight which doesn't help but man, feels crazy how he's been trashed online for not playing "with the Flu.", the internet is vicious :O

It'll be interesting to see how things go tonight, sure hope we can bounce back and actually have some kind of flow to the game and not foul after foul >_<. Rose won't play and it'll be another wave of the fucking media going in circles about it for way too long, ugh. In a word, Go Bulls!

Is Lebron playing? Well then everything is a foul. Hard foul him it's a foul, barely touch him it's a foul, breathe anywhere near him it's a foul....look at him from across the court while he travels it's a foul. Hey, he's good, VERY good but he doesn't need the extra help from the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom