• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bogut was awesome in the second half and really made up for the Warriors having to rely on Rudy Barnes with Curry and Klay not playing great.

Spurs really just need to start making shots though.

wade
kobe
harden
gordon?
JR
Derozan
thompson
?

I don't know man. But green is a role player

Green is a lot better than Eric Gordon, JR, and DeRozan. He's probably in competition for the 5th best SG in the NBA with Allen, Redick, and Dudley but that's more about the position than Danny Green's level of play.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Pop needs to play the bench. The same bench that almost beat the Heat. I don't care if it's the playoffs. Make Golden State revise their game plan on defense.

Emwitus

Bogut was awesome in the second half and really made up for the Warriors having to rely on Rudy Barnes with Curry and Klay not playing great.

Spurs really just need to start making shots though.

Green is a lot better than Eric Gordon, JR, and DeRozan. He's probably in competition for the 5th best SG in the NBA with Allen, Redick, and Dudley.

Forgot about reddick/allen. Oh and isn't Arron Afflalo a sg? So....

Wade kobe harden allen arron reddick gordon JR derozan crawford dudley Thompson green

I really don't get some of Pop's decisions. The Spurs start out hot attacking the rim in the 4th and they just get away from it. Then he keeps Neal on the court when he is being torched by Jack, when everyone knows he is an awful defender.

Still, the refs mistakes giving the ball to GS on the last play and Duncan's block off of Barnes around the 2 minutes mark ended up screwing the Spurs over.

Anyway, back to Jack, why are Warrios fans so ungrateful? I've seen quite a few games during the playoffs where the team wouldn't even be in the game towards the end if it wasn't for him? Sure, his heroball looks pretty stupid at times, but when it goes in no one complains.

Forgot about reddick/allen. Oh and isn't Arron Afflalo a sg? So....

Wade kobe harden allen arron reddick gordon JR derozan crawford dudley Thompson green

Eric Gordon and DeMar DeRozan are really really awful players. No defense from either. DeRozan can't shoot, dribble, or pass. Gordon is always injured and is a cancer and his athleticism is gone.

But Green still is just good but not great.

Emwitus

Eric Gordon and DeMar DeRozan are really really awful players. No defense from either. DeRozan can't shoot, dribble, or pass. Gordon is always injured and is a cancer and his athleticism is gone.

But Green still is just good but not great.

I redid my list i have green in top 10 now and derozan towards the end.

Emwitus

I have a huge bias for low usage 2 guards that play D and shoot well from 3. Derozan aint better than Klay Thompson

Klay will easily be top 5 next season. Kobe was the best SG this season but i expect this to be his last good season. So next season my prediction is:

Harden
Wade
Klay
Beal

For top 4

brad beal's probably a top 5 sg next season

klay is a taller afflalo

Wow forgot about him too.

Emwitus

brad beal's probably a top 5 sg next season

klay is a taller afflalo

He obvioulsy has a higher sealing because of his post game and shooting. IMO these playoffs should give him a huge confidence boost. And with jack probably gone, i expect him to expand his game a bit more.

linsivvi

no love for Joe Johnson?

he's the highest paid sg in the NBA ya know

How many times can you be wrong in a day?

6a00d8341c630a53ef0134802f972f970c-800wi

giri

He obvioulsy has a higher sealing because of his post game and shooting. IMO these playoffs should give him a huge confidence boost. And with jack probably gone, i expect him to expand his game a bit more.

huh?

Jack will definitely be back next season.

He's been huge for the warriors all year.

I really hope Barnes makes a bigger leap next year. He's got all the tools to be the slasher that the W's need when they hit a scoring drought due to their over reliance on jump shooting....

huh?

doubt it, W's are cap strapped next year and Jack is going to command a pretty hefty payday on the FA market..

giri

I really hope Barnes makes a bigger leap next year. He's got all the tools to be the slasher that the W's need when they hit a scoring drought due to their over reliance on jump shooting....

doubt it, W's are cap strapped next year and Jack is going to command a pretty hefty payday on the FA market..

I think you mean, driver.

Slasher would be off ball.

huh?

Wouldn't call that a definite. I hope it happens because I love Jack, but there are a good amount of teams next year that will be looking for a PG and will probably be willing to pay him better money.

J2 Cool

Just saw Thibs fined 35k, damn. Not only are the Bulls getting it in the ass on calls, but you got Taj and Thibs paying up 60k in two days. This is all revenge for pushing Lebron.

giri

Wouldn't call that a definite. I hope it happens because I love Jack, but there are a good amount of teams next year that will be looking for a PG and will probably be willing to pay him better money.

Unlikely, Jack is a career backup, not starter. He's proven that numerous times. and PG is one of the most stacked positions around.

They re-sign him.

I meant both...I still don't think we get to the FT line enough ...

That will change with both bogut and lee on the floor.

Just hope bogut furthers his rehab on that elbow.

J2 Cool

Klay will easily be top 5 next season. Kobe was the best SG this season but i expect this to be his last good season. So next season my prediction is:

Harden
Wade
Klay
Beal

For top 4

I don't see Kobe falling out of the top 4 completely after last season. Really think he's got one or two good years left. Maybe a drop in another year, but don't expect him to let injury be the reason.

Emwitus

Unlikely, Jack is a career backup, not starter. He's proven that numerous times. and PG is one of the most stacked positions around.

They re-sign him.

He will get offered more money elsewhere.....he ain't coming back.

They re-sign him.

I never watched much of Bogut play in Milwaukee but didn't he used to have good touch in the paint and even a solid close range jumper?

Pimpwerx

Just saw Thibs fined 35k, damn. Not only are the Bulls getting it in the ass on calls, but you got Taj and Thibs paying up 60k in two days. This is all revenge for pushing Lebron.

No. More like you can't tell your players to hack every play, have them show up the refs over multiple games, then try and claim the game ain't fair. Thibs only did it to back his guys anyway. He doesn't even believe the bullshit he was saying. PEACE.

nothing happened to nazr either which was surprising. the taj gibson fine was bullshit but i think thibs should stop telling his players to hack and whack at dudes every single play.

Fjordson

Didn't Jack already turn down an extension offer and said he wants to test free agency? Not saying he's leaving GS for sure, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if he does.

giri

He will get offered more money elsewhere.....he ain't coming back.

Like who?

The only partially likely team is Utah. And they're better off with Mo.

Jack was bailing GS out with hero ball all year long.

GS doesn't need that anymore. They need a game manager and distributor now.

Yeah, nah. As 6th man, Jack should be looking to score and create that way. But the things you're after aren't really there in backup PG's either. Who are you getting as a backup that is doing any of that on any level near what a starting PG should, is cheap, and is giving the overall same production Jack is?

In 30mpg, he got 5.6 ast shot over .400 from 3, FG% over .45, and 13pts. All while being solid on D too.

I'm not saying Jack couldn't/shouldn't be better at running an O, but he's perfectly fine as your backup PG.

(P.s. Eric maynor would be great, but i doubt they can get him).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, nah. As 6th man, Jack should be looking to score and create that way. But the things you're after aren't really there in backup PG's either. Who are you getting as a backup that is doing any of that on any level near what a starting PG should, is cheap, and is giving the overall same production Jack is?

In 30mpg, he got 5.6 ast shot over .400 from 3, FG% over .45, and 13pts. All while being solid on D too.

I'm not saying Jack couldn't/shouldn't be better at running an O, but he's perfectly fine as your backup PG.

(P.s. Eric maynor would be great, but i doubt they can get him).

He's not perfectly fine because he's shooting his own team in the foot. The role he had back in January is not what his team needs of him now. GS has simply out grew him.

They'd be better off with Prigs at this point...

giri

He's not perfectly fine because he's shooting his own team in the foot. The role he had back in January is not what his team needs of him now. GS has simply out grew him.

They'd be better off with Prigs at this point...

lol.

Jackson isn't pop.

DY_nasty

lol.

Jackson isn't pop.

Jackson is.... he's not the clown he appeared to be last season but he does seem to be too faithful to his guys sometimes.

Either way, more heroball is not something GS needs. It'd be great if they had someone to get the ball around and encourage more movement for that team but that's not what happens. They've got too many guys who can take shots and finish and, depending on if Curry is en fuego or not, only one point guard who wants to be a point guard.

There used to be a time when Jack would do that kind of thing but the same could be said for Ramon Sessions.

giri

Jackson is.... he's not the clown he appeared to be last season but he does seem to be too faithful to his guys sometimes.

Either way, more heroball is not something GS needs. It'd be great if they had someone to get the ball around and encourage more movement for that team but that's not what happens. They've got too many guys who can take shots and finish and, depending on if Curry is en fuego or not, only one point guard who wants to be a point guard.

There used to be a time when Jack would do that kind of thing but the same could be said for Ramon Sessions.

You still haven't said where you're getting this mythical point guard.

I don't disagree, and frankly, the offense looks better when klay runs point late in game, than when Jack does. But thats on jackson to run out on the court and punch jack in the face if he takes the ball up the court. Jack isn't as good a shooter as klay/steph but he's not terrible either.

But thats more the last 4 minutes. The previous 44minutes? more than fine. Particularly with all the injuries they have had there's been no cohesion for their second unit.

DY_nasty

You still haven't said where you're getting this mythical point guard.

I don't disagree, and frankly, the offense looks better when klay runs point late in game, than when Jack does. But thats on jackson to run out on the court and punch jack in the face if he takes the ball up the court. Jack isn't as good a shooter as klay/steph but he's not terrible either.

But thats more the last 4 minutes. The previous 44minutes? more than fine. Particularly with all the injuries they have had there's been no cohesion for their second unit.

Just saying... they've tried Jack, and its pretty obvious that he isn't the fit going forward regardless of the GS's success or failure this post season.

There are more than enough sub-mid-tier guys out there though. As long as they don't bring Jack back. They don't need their backup to take any shots given all the shooters and finishers on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom