• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He had a good finals one year and basically posted his career avg for the rest of the playoffs

Wouldn't called it god like

Emwitus

He had a good finals one year and basically posted his career avg for the rest of the playoffs

Wouldn't called it god like

One?

He averaged 18 9 in 09 and 18 11 in 10 finals. He had two legitimately bad games in both. We don't win either of those without pau, especially 10 where he got robbed of a co mvp

EDIT: Actually one bad game in 09.

giri

One?

He averaged 18 9 in 09 and 18 11 in 10 finals. He had two legitimately bad games in both. We don't win either of those without pau, especially 10 where he got robbed of a co mvp

EDIT: Actually one bad game in 09.

They're really solid numbers.

But i think the objection is to the phrase, god like.

Those are basically his career average or season average. Very Good, with out being absurd.

And you're right, the lakers don't win with out him. Doesn't change the above.

Emwitus

They're really solid numbers.

But i think the objection is to the phrase, god like.

Those are basically his career average or season average. Very Good, with out being absurd.

And you're right, the lakers don't win with out him. Doesn't change the above.

His scoring didn't drop but fg% increased and he stepped up his rebounding and his defense over the playoffs...that's my definition of stepping up for a player like pau. Ofcourse if you compare him to the kobe's, shaq's and lebron's of the world then those numbers are pretty meh. He isn't a volume scorer especially with a guy like kobe on the team.

Vahagn

His scoring didn't drop but fg% increased and he stepped up his rebounding and his defense over the playoffs...that's my definition of stepping up for a player like pau. Ofcourse if you compare him to the kobe's, shaq's and lebron's of the world then those numbers are pretty meh. He isn't a volume scorer especially with a guy like kobe on the team.

Stop saying he isn't a volume scorer when he isn't a prolific scorer. You're confusing the two. Pau Gasol has never shown an ability, even in Memphis, to score above 23-24 ppg. His efficiency is great and all, but there's no reason to believe he could ever score 25-30 a game on decent efficiency with or without Kobe on his team because he's never done it. There's a difference between a 20 ppg scorer and a 30 ppg scorer, it's not just "more shots"

And he wasn't co-mvp that series. He got badly outplayed by Garnett in at least a couple games including game 7. Go back and look at the numbers - Garnett was the best Celtic in that game by a large margin and he dropped most of that on Pau. In game 7 Pau shot something like 37% from the field, which, compared to his regular average of 55-58% is barely better than the drop-off Kobe had in that game going from 45-25% .

The dude was good and all, but 18-9 and 18-11 aren't Finals MVP numbers. They've never been Finals MVP numbers. Unless those are 11 apg...and even then, that would make him the worst performing finals MVP in the history of the award.

Emwitus

Stop saying he isn't a volume scorer when he isn't a prolific scorer. You're confusing the two. Pau Gasol has never shown an ability, even in Memphis, to score above 23-24 ppg. His efficiency is great and all, but there's no reason to believe he could ever score 25-30 a game on decent efficiency with or without Kobe on his team because he's never done it. There's a difference between a 20 ppg scorer and a 30 ppg scorer, it's not just "more shots"

And he wasn't co-mvp that series. He got badly outplayed by Garnett in at least a couple games including game 7. Go back and look at the numbers - Garnett was the best Celtic in that game by a large margin and he dropped most of that on Pau. In game 7 Pau shot something like 40% from the field, which, compared to his regular average of 55-58% is barely better than the drop-off Kobe had in that game going from 45-25% .

The dude was good and all, but 18-9 and 18-11 aren't Finals MVP numbers. They've never been Finals MVP numbers. Unless those are 11 apg...and even then, that would make him the worst performing finals MVP in the history of the award.

He played terrible in two games. Kobe averaged 28 at a .405fg per with a commanding .295 game 7. The very definition of chucking.Lets not get our panties in a twist over pau's final game.

Vahagn

He played terrible in two games. Kobe averaged 28 at a .405fg per with a commanding .295 game 7. The very definition of chucking.Lets not get our panties in a twist over pau's game.

Yea Kobe had a really bad shooting game 7. But so did Pau and you're ignoring this. Kobe and Pau both grabbed a ton of rebounds and both made free throws in the 4th quarter.

Games 1-6, Kobe was much better. Pau was good, and I'm really glad he was a Laker, but there was all this "Pau's the best big man in the game" nonsense going on back then when he was routinely being outplayed by KG, Timmy, Dirk, and usually even Bosh.

James Worthy won Finals MVP one year over Magic because he had a 37 point Game 7. That's what you need to win Finals MVP when you haven't been the best player on your team through 6 games. Not 19 points on 37% shooting.

"It's kind of the same as when people said I was overrated, I have the same response, I don't need to flop. I play an aggressive game but I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys. I don't need to flop. I don't even know how to do it. So it doesn't mean much to me."
Guess who??

Le"I Don't Flop" James

pilonv1

Le"I Don't Flop" James

chandler_lebronugbu8.gif

i dunno about that one, he is taking forearm shiver to his spine on a blatant moving screen. I dont mind the exaggeration there, he had no idea that shit was coming, and it wasnt a clean play by Chandler.

Fjordson

Guess who??

Le"I Don't Flop" James
Miami is the fucking worst. Dude knows enough about it he can flop with specific parts of his body. More nuanced than the less refined full body flail. Some great technique on this head and neck jerk.

lebron-flop-2.gif

Almost every NBA player has flopped before. Whatever. Just let it go 'Bron.

AirBrian

Are the Bulls-Heat the best current "rivalry" in terms of the teams genuinely not liking each other? What are some other current ones?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm really hoping that it leads to more than just the 12 episode mini-series. Because I really loved 24. Even when it was bad.

Even when it was bad, it was still an event and better than most TV out there.

But when it was at its peak? It was amazing.

Whoa, 24 is back? That's pretty sweet. Not sure what they'll do with the story line but I always looked forward to see how they would explain how things would happen.

12 hours seems weird though.
That's how long it feels like it takes to get through the first two mini villains before we find out who the real baddie is did this really need spoilers

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Even when it was bad, it was still an event and better than most TV out there.

But when it was at its peak? It was amazing.

Yeah, the first four seasons are phenomenal. Even when Kim is being kidnapped or attacked by mountain lions.

I really liked season 8, too. So I have a lot of hope for this new run.

Vestal

Yeah, the first four seasons are phenomenal. Even when Kim is being kidnapped or attacked by mountain lions.

I really liked season 8, too. So I have a lot of hope for this new run.

"THERE IS NO TIME!!!!"

Feed me Jack Bauer.. FEED IT TO MY VEINS!!!

Season 3 is the Metal Gear Solid 2 of 24, right down to not knowing where the fuck Snakes loyalties are.

3> 5 > 1 > 2 > Stop watching

4 is basically a comedy with how many plan b's and escape setups the villain had.

Rodeo Clown

But if you stop watching you'll never see the totally insane raid on the White House.

Season 7 is pretty much high comedy.

I think I've already forgotten what happened in seasons 2, 3, 4, 6, and some of 7

I think if I watched again I would remember the end game of everything but it might be fun

anyone ever play hoops and get tired when scrub kids wanna come up and interrupt you for a game when they can't even shoot or dribble properly

I got so sick of little kids interrupting my 1 on 1's or 21s so when this 10 year old came up I said you know what fuck it lets run

We played 1 on 1 and he could barely dribble but I went 110%, blocked the shit out of his shot, played hard D to where he could barely move, knocked him to the floor, posted him up.

was it bad of me?

I'm thinking about doing this everytime, if you want to try to shame me into a game then I'm not going to stoop to your level and shoot one handed just to make things even

Rodeo Clown

I think I've already forgotten what happened in seasons 2, 3, 4, 6, and some of 7

I think if I watched again I would remember the end game of everything but it might be fun

Yeah, I have the same problem. I'm going to have to rewatch the whole series before next May.

Vestal

anyone ever play hoops and get tired when scrub kids wanna come up and interrupt you for a game when they can't even shoot or dribble properly

I got so sick of little kids interrupting my 1 on 1's or 21s so when this 10 year old came up I said you know what fuck it lets run

We played 1 on 1 and he could barely dribble but I went 110%, blocked the shit out of his shot, played hard D to where he could barely move, knocked him to the floor, posted him up.

was it bad of me?

I'm thinking about doing this everytime, if you want to try to shame me into a game then I'm not going to stoop to your level and shoot one handed just to make things even

Yeah but I don't usually go for the hard D.. I just block if they try and take anything in the paint.. On offense Ill just go for the circus shot here or there, or make em look silly on D. Unless its a good kid, then Ill take my time to teach them a bit about basketball.

I think saying no makes me feel worse than being a try hard though.

At least they learn a thing or two and get the respect they deserve.

Saying no just makes them sad

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jon Roser ‏@Jon_Roser 42 min

Tonight's Game 4 Officials for #Grizzlies vs #Thunder: (17) Joey Crawford, (15) Bennett Salvatore, (19) James Capers
I guess OKC might win tonight.

was it bad of me?

You watched Pain and Gain didn't you?

This is the correct .gif to post

LeBron_flops.gif

He also wink to the ref after it

It's amazing how fast these guys can get their body to react to peripheral visual input. That's a nearly flawless reaction that in real-time, probably happened in a hundredth of a second.

It's that's not athleticism, I don't know what is.

There are many types of floppers that I've noticed:

the ones who look for contact then flop.
the ones who bait you to initiate the contact (Reggie Evans/Anderson Varejao)
those who flop on situations where contact may or may not happen (Ginobili/Harden/Bosh?)
those who flop on any contact (LA Clippers).

As infuriating as it is, LeBron isn't evem a top tier flopper IMHO.

snack

I actually rarely see LeBron flop. It's only in those high intensity games that I'll see LBJ flop, and the refs are all over those.

fertygo

There are many types of floppers that I've noticed:

the ones who look for contact then flop.
the ones who bait you to initiate the contact (Reggie Evans/Anderson Varejao)
those who flop on situations where contact may or may not happen (Ginobili/Harden/Bosh?)
those who flop on any contact (LA Clippers).

As infuriating as it is, LeBron isn't evem a top tier flopper IMHO.

Lebron rarely flop, but when he does.. he look like master of the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom