• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Seeing the Danny Green talk brought back bad memories, pissed me off. I used to beg and plead through the screen, for COTY Mike Brown to play Danny Green. But nope, he sat on the end of the bench, and then he was waived. Same thing happened with Shannon Brown years earlier.

That's why I'm terrified of giving MB this young Cavs team. He's clueless on how to develop budding talent.

giri

Just saying... they've tried Jack, and its pretty obvious that he isn't the fit going forward regardless of the GS's success or failure this post season.

There are more than enough sub-mid-tier guys out there though. As long as they don't bring Jack back. They don't need their backup to take any shots given all the shooters and finishers on that team.

If your PG isn't a threat at all late in the game, then he's of no use to you at all.

And remember, curry is fragile as glass, so you can't just say "well, the backup won't ever be out there".

And Jack is shooting .400 from 3. He can shoot all he wants late in the game, if he's open.

It's the open part, and the fact that he's dribbled it with out any motion for 20 seconds prior, that is the problem.

If he can't run the offense late, then don't let him take the ball up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If your PG isn't a threat at all late in the game, then he's of no use to you at all.

And remember, curry is fragile as glass, so you can't just say "well, the backup won't ever be out there".

And Jack is shooting .400 from 3. He can shoot all he wants late in the game, if he's open.

It's the open part, and the fact that he's dribbled it with out any motion for 20 seconds prior, that is the problem.

If he can't run the offense late, then don't let him take the ball up.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm saying he's a bad fit. And given the team's direction, its not likely he'll be a good fit ever again.

SamuraiX-

This commercial comparing the Heat's 2006 & 2012 titles to the Lakers and Celtics championships from the 80s is some seriously blasphemous shit.

Keep it up, fellas!

DY_nasty

And you're crazy.

They aren't bringing rubio off the bench.

(Now if the lakers buy out Nash...)

Dude, they don't need anyone better than Jamal Tinsley or Bayless. They just need more ballhandlers and a point guard that doesn't feel his job is to heroball right off the first instinct.

They only have two guys on that whole team to act as true ballhandlers.

Extend the rotation, give yourself options. GS has enough legit scoring options to make a tunnel vision PG - even one who can score - pointless.

This commercial comparing the Heat's 2006 & 2012 titles to the Lakers and Celtics championships from the 80s is some seriously blasphemous shit.

Keep it up, fellas!

keep the tears raining on down like the rain in seattle that demarcus cousins will have to get acclimated to

rando14

keep the tears raining on down like the rain in seattle that demarcus cousins will have to get acclimated to

tumblr_lv8vu8SCzI1qbu4f8o1_500.gif

So you're saying he's wrong? Because if you are that's pretty insane.

Or are you saying all titles are equal.

Duh.

People should stop with this shit. A chip is a chip. Fuck an asterisk or whatever the hell label you put on just to make your salty ass feel better about the Heat winning one

giri

Dude, they don't need anyone better than Jamal Tinsley or Bayless. They just need more ballhandlers and a point guard that doesn't feel his job is to heroball right off the first instinct.

They only have two guys on that whole team to act as true ballhandlers.

Extend the rotation, give yourself options. GS has enough legit scoring options to make a tunnel vision PG - even one who can score - pointless.

You obviously don't watch bayless much.

He's the exact same guy as Jack.

DY_nasty

You obviously don't watch bayless much.

He's the exact same guy as Jack.

I've seen Bayless scared to shoot enough times to know he's faaaaaaaar from that.

Hell, Bayless doesn't even resemble the draft pick he was back in Portland anymore.

Who is gonna give Jack a big payday? How many teams has he gone through already and failed to be the starting 1? He's getting old and is a solidified backup.

Dude will get the MLE I guess and maybe a 3 year contract, at best

DY_nasty

Who is gonna give Jack a big payday? How many teams has he gone through already and failed to be the starting 1? He's getting old and is a solidified backup.

Dude will get the MLE I guess and maybe a 3 year contract, at best

He'd be a good fit in Washington

giri

I've seen Bayless scared to shoot enough times to know he's faaaaaaaar from that.

Hell, Bayless doesn't even resemble the draft pick he was back in Portland anymore.

lol.

No.

You're right though, he isn't the guy he was in portland, he doesn't even pretend to be a pass first guy at all.

Bayless has never been scared to shoot, nor should he, thats the role he plays for the grizz.

Can GS afford Jose Calderon? My man Jose has his well known defensive issues, but hes an excellent shooter and he can run a half court set. he does like to pound the air out of the ball at times, but the man doesnt turn the ball over either.

DY_nasty

lol.

No.

You're right though, he isn't the guy he was in portland, he doesn't even pretend to be a pass first guy at all.

Bayless has never been scared to shoot, nor should he, thats the role he plays for the grizz.

He passes up open shots plenty in Memphis. He does it to the point where he disjoints their offense at times.

That's why they brought in Dooling lol

giri

He passes up open shots plenty in Memphis. He does it to the point where he disjoints their offense at times.

That's why they brought in Dooling lol

Uhh

no

They brought dooling in to run an offense as the second unit gets awfully stagnant because...

Bayless creates for others, by creating for him self first, and then maybe passing out of that if it leaves someone else open. Maybe. Not usually.

If Bayless can't beat his man or hit a shot off a curl, their second unit got shut down. Happened regularly in the regular season. Large part of why the grizz gave up so many leads in the 3rd & 4th quarters.

And in the play offs, it was easier to shut Bayless down. Its why he saw little playing time against the clippers too.

pilonv1

If golden state can get past the spurs I think they have a legitimate chance of beating Memphis and going to the finals.

Not a chance. Memphis is the one team that shuts down the Warriors consistently. Even when they had Lee they were too big inside and Prince/Allen can shut down the perimeter. They also slow the ball down so much it frustrates them. Their regular season games this year were hard to watch.

otapnam

Memphis got too much beef+ perimeter defenders to mitigate Curry/Klay/Barnes/Jack...Horrible matchup for the W's...

Conley's really stepped it up, i remember how much shit people were talking when he got that contract.

At least Tony Allen doesnt do much on the offensive side

giri

Agreed. Very good.

Add to that Bogut not being 100% and Randolph down on the block. Would be a rough matchup for Golden State in the frontcourt.

A healthy D.Lee would help a lot now that Bogut is back. They would have the big bodies to go up against them.

But he isn't healthy. :|

giri

Thus far Pau has had a better prime, Pau was beast mode the Lakers back to back chip runs. Pau's post game is also better. Marc wins hands down defensively though.

I'm not sure Marcs hit his Prime yet. Though he is 28, so maybe. But I'm not certain i'd say Pau had the better prime. about even. All things considered.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Seeing the Danny Green talk brought back bad memories, pissed me off. I used to beg and plead through the screen, for COTY Mike Brown to play Danny Green. But nope, he sat on the end of the bench, and then he was waived. Same thing happened with Shannon Brown years earlier.

That's why I'm terrified of giving MB this young Cavs team. He's clueless on how to develop budding talent.

Did Mike Brown coach Shannon Brown in Chi and Cha too?

And Green is a system player with smart D

Brown shouldn't be really blamed for both of them

Fjordson

What impresses me is Marc's jumpshot. It's a very set shot (I don't know if that's the right term) where he practically doesn't jump, but he's got a nice touch on it.

giri

What impresses me is Marc's jumpshot. It's a very set shot (I don't know if that's the right term) where he practically doesn't jump, but he's got a nice touch on it.

He can jump on it, as seen by his fade away out of the post / step backs. But he doesn't have too. It makes the release that much quicker. And being 7'1 already...

It also probably saves his knee's one hell of a lot.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He can jump on it, as seen by his fade away out of the post / step backs. But he doesn't have too. It makes the release that much quicker. And being 7'1 already...

It also probably saves his knee's one hell of a lot.

Most true 7 footers don't jump on their shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom