• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
What is wrong with Durant wearing a retro hat from the franchise he plays for????

Calgary Flames came were once the Colorado Rockies. Alternate Jersey has the Rockies symbol on it.

All respect lost??? You must not value respect much.

The Calgary Flames used to be the Atlanta Flames and they use the old Atlanta logo to denote their alternate captains. It's a really neat touch.

/nitpick

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Clipps management are meeting this week to decide if they want to keep Del Negro.

Chris Paul doesn't like playing in Del Negro's system.

There is a lot of talk that Atlanta would trade Horford away for scraps and let Smith walk if they could sign Chris and Dwight.

Only issue with that is...

Miami is in the same division

Durant hates playing for the Thunder confirmed

The Clips don't really need Horford
Wouldn't be a good trade for them...

But if it was the best offer the Hawks could be nasty

If they could keep Smith too somehow they would be tough

giri

The Clips don't really need Horford
Wouldn't be a good trade for them...

But if it was the best offer the Hawks could be nasty

If they could keep Smith too somehow they would be tough

CP3 dwight horford is better than cp3 dwight smith.

Mainly cause smith isn't really that different from dwight.

Blackace

CP3 dwight horford is better than cp3 dwight smith.

Mainly cause smith isn't really that different from dwight.

Swat City with d12 and Smith

Also CP3 could gamble more for steals...

And Smith plays off the ball and really doesn't post much.

linsivvi

It would be awesome and confusing at the same time if the NBA holds a retro week where each team uses the original jersey and name of the team's very first season.

Denver Rockets
San Diego Rockets
Charlotte Hornets
Chicago Packers
Dallas Chaparrals

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It would be awesome and confusing at the same time if the NBA holds a retro week where each team uses the original jersey and name of the team's very first season.

Denver Rockets
San Diego Rockets
Charlotte Hornets
Chicago Packers
Dallas Chaparrals

They do have throwback week. Spurs used the Chaparrals jerseys this year. I guess it works if it has the same team lineage.

Lakers use to wear the old MLPS jerseys often.

Blackace

Huh?

It would basically mean no late game offense other than CP3 iso, again.

It'd be pretty terrible.

Assuming they kept Lou

And PnR all game your assessment is selling them real short

Blackace

Explain the vastly different games and how they would compliment each other.

Keep in mind that Smith's FT% this year was 52%.

Smith is more of a slashing big who has some range

Poor FT% doesn't equal same game

Emwitus

Explain the vastly different games and how they would compliment each other.

Keep in mind that Smith's FT% this year was 52%.

FT% is the only knock you have against dwight, a valid point. But apart from that, the defense would be off the charts. Smith can play right below the 3pt and sometimes hover over the 3pt line.

Pimpwerx

C095YHX.jpg

SMH. Fan up, Chicago. The only seat in that arena without a placard is Rose's seat on the bench. PEACE.

giri

Assuming they kept Lou

And PnR all game your assessment is selling them real short

Not really, the PnR works best when you have spacing, they don't have any spacing with those two on the floor.

Smith is more of a slashing big who has some range

Poor FT% doesn't equal same game

Smith can slash, yes, and is better off ball than dwight. But you can leave one of the other in PnR Defense. It's an easy gamble. And not so much of a gamble as a sure thing. I think you're vastly over estimating any range Smith has.

He didn't shoot over .400 anywhere except at the rim.

Smith might be more willing to jackup a jumper, doesn't mean he should (actually, he really shouldn't, and people have been pointing that out his whole career.)

FT% is the only knock you have against dwight, a valid point. But apart from that, the defense would be off the charts. Smith can play right below the 3pt and sometimes hover over the 3pt line.

No, smith can't.

He attempts more or the same shots over 19ft as he does at the rim and shoots ~.350 on them. Thats not range, thats just chucking it up on the assumption something has to go in.

Combined with the fact that both aren't exactly the text book definition of mentally strong, and neither exude leadership, it would be a pretty terrible combination for a team. They'd get rocked in the play offs.

Be fun to watch on defense though.

Vahagn

I remember in the GS/Spurs fourth quarter of game 2 Pop did an ingenious thing.

GS hadn't scored on a few consecutive possessions, There was like half the quarter to go. Mark Jackson called a time out on offense to draw up a play and the first thing Pop did coming out of that timeout was foul Bogut. So Brilliant.

alba

Little is the new Big
I will believe it, as soon as the Bulls get eliminated by the Heat.

Pretty much lol, I don't blame him but the constant media making up shit to keep the story up is what jaded me about the whole thing. I can't wait for next season so we don't have to deal with this BS anymore.

Let's gooooo Bulls! I want a Game 7 in this series and we'll get it.

linsivvi

Yeah but they would be beast on D so giving them points with the lead wouldn't be all that great

I agree. I have been criticizing Pop for his hacking strategy this playoff. I don't think it really works unless the opposing coach actually takes the player out, which is what Mark Jackson did...

Blackace

Not really, the PnR works best when you have spacing, they don't have any spacing with those two on the floor.

Smith can slash, yes, and is better off ball than dwight. But you can leave one of the other in PnR Defense. It's an easy gamble. And not so much of a gamble as a sure thing. I think you're vastly over estimating any range Smith has.

He didn't shoot over .400 anywhere except at the rim.

Smith might be more willing to jackup a jumper, doesn't mean he should (actually, he really shouldn't, and people have been pointing that out his whole career.)

The difference is you have to guard him out the key and that helps create spacing

He takes bad shots like he is a pure shooter but teams don't leave him open for a reason

Alanta has been an iso team ever since they made it back to the playoffs

CP3 would change that if they had Lou still the PnR would be dangerous and the D oh the D

Emwitus

Dwight is easy to cover because he isn't really a pnr guy.

This is the biggest mistake D'antoni made with dwight.. One of those instances where you can say the numbers are a lie without context. He has terrible hands and almost always turns the ball over in pnr's especially if it's a high pnr. His footwork is also terrible and is prone to travel ALOT on those plays.

giri

The difference is you have to guard him out the key and that helps create spacing

He takes bad shots like he is a pure shooter but teams don't leave him open for a reason

Alanta has been an iso team ever since they made it back to the playoffs

CP3 would change that if they had Lou still the PnR would be dangerous and the D oh the D

Huh? teams backup off of Smith all the time on that mid range and greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom