• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually rarely see LeBron flop. It's only in those high intensity games that I'll see LBJ flop, and the refs are all over those.
Lebron rarely flop, but when he does.. he look like master of the art.
Yep, he'll only flop when he feels pressured to some degree.

Now Chris Paul and Bitch Griffin are different animals altogether.

EDIT:
chris-paul-demarcus-cousins.jpg

ohNOitsRO

I hate how lackadaisical and unwilling ESPN is to chide KD like they used to Lebron or Kobe..

Isn't this dude the next great thing? And he can't even get out of the second round without Russell?

KD is choking it up and playing some whack ass nonchalant basketball in the fourth lately, but I guess the expectations for him are nowhere near where it was for a Lebron or a Kobe

I hate how lackadaisical and unwilling ESPN is to chide KD like they used to Lebron or Kobe..

Isn't this dude the next great thing? And he can't even get out of the second round without Russell?

KD is choking it up and playing some whack ass nonchalant basketball in the fourth lately, but I guess the expectations for him are nowhere near where it was for a Lebron or a Kobe

-He hit a game winner pretty recently

-All of his teammates suck and the Thunder are somehow still competing against the second best team in the NBA

-He's been ridiculously good

-The LeBron criticism was mostly stupid and Durant is way better than Kobe ever was and isn't a cancer like Kobe was so I don't see why them getting criticism means Durant should get criticism.

Vahagn

What's this about 24 coming back on the air? Holy shit! I watched the first 5 seasons in a week on Netflix once. Got nothing else done, but it was totally worth it.

Seasons 1-5 were all incredible. I particularly liked 1-4 because of Almeida, President Palmer, Nina, Dessler, Kim, Mandy (she was annoying, but hot). Those characters weren't around for the most part after that season. Season 5 was incredible just because of who the real bad guy was.

Season 4 gets overlooked just because Marwan keeps getting away but as for as bad guy plots, it was the best. When they put that discharged Air Force Pilot in the air to shoot down that "high level target" and he succeeded I lost my shit. The fact that the show writers would even attempt that was just insane.

Durant is way better than Kobe ever was and isn't a cancer like Kobe

Oh you

Emwitus

-All of his teammates suck and the Thunder are somehow still competing against the second best team in the NBA

-The LeBron criticism was mostly stupid and Durant is way better than Kobe ever was and isn't a cancer like Kobe was so I don't see why them getting criticism means Durant should get criticism.

Pa ha ha.

I'm a huge KD fan so I'll wear my bias on my sleeve, but are you even WATCHING the playoffs? Two missed FTs aside, the dude is doing everything to keep his team alive. Nobody has played better so far in the playoffs, not even LeBron.

linsivvi

What have you done dude? As if bringing up Pau is not enough?

Anyway it's not KD's fault that Harden is gone and Westbrook is hurt. LeBron plays in the minor league so it's much easier to get further than the 2nd round.

bwhahahahahahhahhahahahahahaahhhaha

series over.

seems like it struck a nerve with melo when tyson said knicks were too selfish. hey tyson, how about you get a rebound or do something worthwhile besides getting techs when youre on the floor? so much for mr former DPOY, all star olympian. hes lucky melo is there to take the shit from people so he can continue being useless on the floor

Of course LeBron flops, and of course he would deny it. He's trying to get calls, saying "yea, I'm getting pretty good at this!" wouldn't help those calls come.

Tyson Chandler was voted first-team all-defense this year by the coaches over Gasol despite Chandler playing far worse this year than he did last year, missing a lot of games, and despite the Knicks being 18th in defense this year. The secretaries for these coaches sure put a lot of effort into these picks.

edit: lol, Gasol actually wouldn't have mad first or second team on this voting if Noah didn't tie Chandler for first-team all-defense.

First-team All-Defense: LeBron James, Serge Ibaka (forward), Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah (center, tie) , Tony Allen, Chris Paul (guard).

Second-team All-Defense: Tim Duncan, Paul George (forward), Marc Gasol (center), Avery Bradley, Mike Conley (guard).

You guys realize that Durant is averaging 32/9/6 on 43 minutes a game, right?

How pathetic must be his team be if he has to average 40/12/10 to win?

if only they could have traded Kevin Martin's corpse and a couple of draft picks for an all-star SG to help take some of the pressure and weight off of KD....nah no GM would be stupid enough to make that trade.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
1st and 2nd All-Defensive Teams have been announced.

First Team:
-Lebron James
-Serge Ibaka
-Tony Allen
-Chris Paul
-Tyson Chandler
-Joakim Noah

Second Team:
-Marc Gasol
-Mike Conley
-Avery Bradley
-Paul George
-Tim Duncan

@NBA fucked up. The number aren't right.

Edit: Added Tim Duncan

Vahagn

You guys realize that Durant is averaging 32/9/6 on 43 minutes a game, right?

How pathetic must be his team be if he has to average 40/12/10 to win?

His team isn't pathetic, it's missing it's second superstar. Kobe/Shaq Lakers only had 2 superstars as well, and when Shaq missed extended stretches Kobe had to put up 9 straight 40 point games just to compete in the regular season.

That's why if OKC loses this series and Durant plays well, no one's going to point the finger at Durant. At the same time, there have been plenty of contenders in years past where the dropoff from Option A and B down to option C was really really steep. Championship LA Lakers with Shaq and with Pau are those kind of teams.

People need to stop exaggerating and acting like Durant has a horrible team around him when he has what lots of contending teams have. A superstar 1-2 punch and then role players around that.

Branduil

1st and 2nd All-Defensive Teams have been announced.

First Team:
-Lebron James
-Serge Ibaka
-Tony Allen
-Chris Paul
-Tyson Chandler
-Joakim Noah

Second Team:
-Marc Gasol
-Mike Conley
-Avery Bradley
-Paul George
-Tim Duncan

@NBA fucked up. The number aren't right.

Edit: Added Tim Duncan

Six people on first-team all-defense, what?

The fact that he's getting his ass handed to him by a guy that Chris Copeland shut down a month ago doesn't help Chandler, dude is having a brutal last 2 weeks.

- Calls out teammates and Carmelo during a game where Carmelo played his most unselfish game.
- Roy Hibbert making him his bitch.

Yeah Tyson, shut up.

EDIT: Guys, we all knew NBA First/Second team is a joke. Why even bother with it?

Avery Bradley 2nd team all D

with a 105 defensive rating

dy making the picks confirmed

His DRtg is average just because he doesn't rebound that much, he's a great defender (though he really probably shouldn't have made the team missing 32 games, but these voters obviously don't care about games missed this year)

The fact that he's getting his ass handed to him by a guy that Chris Copeland shut down a month ago doesn't help Chandler, dude is having a brutal last 2 weeks.

- Calls out teammates and Carmelo during a game where Carmelo played his most unselfish game.
- Roy Hibbert making him his bitch.

Yeah Tyson, shut up.

And Melo isn't? Melo has been fucking dreadful. If we had the Melo of April, we'd be coasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom