• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxstar

OKC should be contenders for awhile, Durant and Westbrook would've made it a better series. Spurs getting older, Lakers aren't what they used to be and Clippers aren't a real threat. Should be some good young teams in the next few.

One step closer to Grizz-Pacers finals. can't wait

tumblr_mfaco8WhZG1ra0vc3o1_500.gif

It must suck to be a Thunder fan right now. The realization that you will never win a championship and that Durant will leave due to having retards running the organization, as well as a tool as coach.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FT shooting indicates to me he's tired.

You can blame Brooks a bit, but really it's because YNB got hurt. Like I said, I can't fault Durant. He played awesome all playoffs and stepped his game up with YNB out. He broke down tonight.

48 minutes is inexcusable in any game, in my opinion. Especially when Durant just didn't have it going tonight. Sometimes shooters need to sit a few minutes and reset to their head straight.

PBY

Banned
The reason he won't get that hate is that LeBron gets rest throughout the game and has no reason to be gassed the way KD was. He should have drove for the game tying bucket but went for the poor percentage jumper which he'll get some hate on for shooting so bad. Part of the blame needs to go on the coach though. Gotta rest your guys when they play every other day.

The reason he shouldn't be criticized is that the choker label is more perception than anything else.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Durant ran outta awesome. The tank was empty. He played some damn good ball though without Westbrook.

Now the Warriors need to get things done and we will have an awesome west coast matchup.

reilo

Also, Mamba, Durant missed most of his freethrows in the first half. His last missed freethrow was at the 6min mark in the 3rd, and he didn't even attempt any in the fourth.

Not even getting to the line is a more typical sign of exhaustion.

Dthomp

It might have been me, because I assume part of my response was that never ever is a long time. Then again, I really underestimated how bad they'd miss Harden. I thought Martin would have been more productive. PEACE.

For the future though, I think they'll be fine and be favorites to get back next season. Bring YNB back with an even bigger chip on his shoulder and maybe just maybe we'll start to develop some of our youth so that we aren't relying on Fisher and Perkins in the playoffs and we'll be fine. All these games were close and we had a shot to win them all without Russell, we'll be fine when he's back.

Durant ran outta awesome. The tank was empty. He played some damn good ball though without Westbrook.

Now the Warriors need to get things done and we will have an awesome west coast matchup.

Spurs solved the Warriors and Jackson isn't coach enough to adjust to that. I'll be surprised if they spare the Roaracle the disappointment of seeing their team get bounced at home at this point.

48 minutes is inexcusable in any game, in my opinion. Especially when Durant just didn't have it going tonight. Sometimes shooters need to sit a few minutes and reset to their head straight.

Wouldn't have to play 48 if YNB was there, though, so it goes back to it.

I don't disagree Brooks overplayed him but there's a reason for it.

Blame brooks a bit, but mostly YNB going down forced Durant to both play more minutes and do too much and it wore him down.

Also, Mamba, Durant missed most of his freethrows in the first half. His last missed freethrow was at the 6min mark in the 3rd, and he didn't even attempt any in the fourth.

Not even getting to the line is a more typical sign of exhaustion.

Yeah, I said he broke down earlier in the night. Like 3rd quarter I stated it.

reilo

Wouldn't have to play 48 if YNB was there, though, so it goes back to it.

I don't disagree Brooks overplayed him but there's a reason for it.

Blame brooks a bit, but mostly YNB going down forced Durant to both play more minutes and do too much and it wore him down.

Yeah, I said he broke down earlier in the night. Like 3rd quarter I stated it.

He was 1-8 in the first quarter. He just didn't have it tonight and Brooks should have rested him especially if he starts off poorly.

There's going to be some absurd and really unfair expectations for Jeremy Lamb next year.

Then again, he barely has any emotions so I doubt he'll care or be affected by the expectations.

He was 1-8 in the first quarter. He just didn't have it tonight and Brooks should have rested him especially if he starts off poorly.

Yeah, I think he was tired before the game started as well as pressing.

And I agree he should have rested then.

Man, if not for the towel those 4 points don't happen and this game is never close. Tony Allen nearly cost the game with that towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom