• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Here's a fun stat...

The Knicks averaged 15.5APG throughout the playoffs.

League average throughout the season was 22.1. League low throughout the season was 19.2... by the New York Knicks.

Not surprised. But to be fair, the three driving forces of every game this season were players that could create their own shot: Melo, Felton, and JR Smith. Prigioni and Shump contributed much later on. That's it. And the 5 of them hardly play together simultaneously. But notice that it's all guards and 1 forward.

Assists are huge for players like Chandler, Novak, et al. Once the confidence in many of the players began to wind down for the Knicks, the guards and ball handlers stopped looking for them. Chandler is a clumsy twat. Novak needs way too much time to setup. Amare proved to be successful for that stretch especially with Felton and Prigioni, but was quickly sidelined during injury. Martin came in way too late into the season. Wallace was huge for the team early on, but unfortunately his age proved to be an issue.

The team is still poorly built. You have a bunch of guys who can put up great stats individually, but can't do it simultaneously. It's not so much they're ball hogs...they just don't have too many passing options on the court. So there's still too much fucking inconsistency with this team. We don't have the right balance of positions - we have a shit load of guards and not enough forwards and certainly no true 5.

Tyson is Mr. Frosty's soft-serve vanilla. Novak is a one trick pony. Kidd started off hot, and had some great moments...but he's old and unreliable. Camby is also old and unreliable. Copeland is solid, but didn't get enough minutes (I suspect they intentionally kept him on the bench to not swell his ego and offer him less money this year to stay). James White is utter and pointless garbage. Q-Rich...LOL not a Knick, and neither is Earl Barron.

I would keep Martin and Amare (yes I said it). Get rid of the above. Try to pick up Tiago Splitter. Keep Prigioni. Keep Shumpert. Get rid of JR Smith (what's the point of JR if you have Shump? At least Shumpert has more brain). Give Copeland a lot more time. Maybe try to pick up Iggy?

xnipx

Lebrons left big toe is weird as fuck. I just tried to get my big toe to go underneath the one next to it and it was impossible

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Those 3D team logos that ESPN uses already look like garbage, but are going to look beyond terrible when games from this era are shown on hardwood classics in a few years.

Cloudy

Banned
Spurs guardplay is too good for Memphis right now. Seems I was wrong about this series cos I thought it'd come down to the bigs

It was maddening watching so many open bricks last series. People were definitely over rating the Warriors defense vs Spurs just missing shots

They were rushed because their offense was running like shit.

Spurs look more like the spurs right now. Ball and player movement much better. Memphis will probably eventually adjust by putting Allen on Parker.

Memphis is scattered on offense. Players trying to hard to score on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom