• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Bron gets 2 fts on that clean block on Melo. Gonna be real interesting to see if the refs still let Hibbert to dominate the paint when it's Bron and Wade driving the lane

LOL so when the narrative doesn't fit, that Stern is rigging the officiating, its just good calls in favor of the Pacers and bad fouls taken be the Knicks? But if Miami gets favorable calls its only because they get favored?

If Stern was pulling the strings wouldn't he want the Knicks to advance?

Couldn't it possibly be that the Knicks are primarily a jump shooting team whereas both Miami and Indiana play down low?

LOL so when the narrative doesn't fit, that Stern is rigging the officiating, its just good calls in favor of the Pacers and bad fouls taken be the Knicks? But if Miami gets favorable calls its only because they get favored?

If Stern was pulling the strings wouldn't he want the Knicks to advance?

Couldn't it possibly be that the Knicks are primarily a jump shooting team whereas both Miami and Indiana play down low?
miami relies on 3s too for the most part.

cant wait to see the calls lebron gets that melo doesnt get
usVoB.gif

am i at the beach?

cuz I smell the salt

Vahagn

I remember him being dismissed as a random stiff with no talent back when he was drafted, everyone hated his contract, everyone in this thread hates his team and laughed at his FG% and now he will be on his way to a championship ring as long as the Pacers can pull off a legendary, nearly impossible upset.

Bulletin Board material that only one person in the entire world would ever care to remember.

Roy Hibbert is that you

LuchaShaq

Banned
I wouldn't remotely mind it and LeBron is one my favorite players not on the Jazz, but Hibbert becoming a future Hall of Fame player (via winning a title as arguably the best player on the team) after how much he's gotten dissed and dismissed by everyone would be hilarious.

Paul George is the best player on that team don't be crazy.

Also best player on a title team doesn't mean HOF status, you think an overrated gunner like Billups is even going to sniff the hall?

Knicks fans crying about the refs is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Would be like a white guy complaining the guys running a KKK meeting are favoring a black guy over him.

Truphenom

Finally got to watch the game. Good season for the Knicks, was hoping for at least a game 7 but I really enjoyed seeing Shump go off in the 3rd, good stuff. Tyson's corpse and JR's drunk double were really awful for the series.

Also 2015 can't come fast enough

jjasper

What a great retirement gift to Stern.

Not his fault big makets went for faux superstars.

I can see how cloving got banned. I went and looked at some of the threads this morning and while the gaming side usually complete trash it has taken a whole new level now that the Nintendo fans have completely lost it.

I can't envision Miami losing the series against Indiana. They've got better and more three point shooters and they also have players that will take the ball to the rim more. And they play better defense than New York.

linsivvi

Not his fault big makets went for faux superstars.

I can see how cloving got banned. I went and looked at some of the threads this morning and while the gaming side usually complete trash it has taken a whole new level now that the Nintendo fans have completely lost it.

I mostly only post in the Android gaming thread and it's fine there.

Probably because nobody posts there.

I can't envision Miami losing the series against Indiana. They've got better and more three point shooters and they also have players that will take the ball to the rim more. And they play better defense than New York.

Chandler getting destroyed has to make you a little nervous about Bosh/Birdman though.

The Knicks took it to the rim quite a bit, the refs just let them play. If they let the Heat place with the Pacers then its going to be tough for the Heat.

Also the Heat aren't shooting well at all right now from deep. They've had a ton of playoff games so far that were under 33% from three. Battier and Chalmers are shooting under 33% IIRC.

Doesn't mean these guys can't turn it on, but if they continue to shoot how they have and the refs let them play then this series is going to be awesome.

Chandler getting destroyed has to make you a little nervous about Bosh/Birdman though.

The Knicks took it to the rim quite a bit, the refs just let them play. If they let the Heat place with the Pacers then its going to be tough for the Heat.

Also the Heat aren't shooting well at all right now from deep. They've had a ton of playoff games so far that were under 33% from three. Battier and Chalmers are shooting under 33% IIRC.

Doesn't mean these guys can't turn it on, but if they continue to shoot how they have and the refs let them play then this series is going to be awesome.

youre ignoring what Indiana does horrible (protect the basketball, create scoring opportunities off the dribble) and talking up a scenario where Miami basically implodes. I wouldnt bet a dime on your odds.

Emwitus

LOL good one.

Talon

Really? Miami, you disappoint.

Edit: Wait, even though they are not in the top 10 tv market wise, can Miami be really considered as a small market team?
Everyone outside of NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, Philly and Dallas, right? Although San Antonio and Phoenix are actually more populous than Dallas proper. Everyone actually means Dallas and Fort Worth and Arlington when they say Dallas.

It doesn't make me nervous because Hibbert will be in foul trouble for at least half the games. Even when he's not in foul trouble, Miami will still be competitive. So it comes down to Indiana getting blown out when he's in foul trouble and the game simply being competitive even when he's not.

Pimpwerx

The Heat offense isn't one-dimensional or broken like NY and ATL's. Our defense is better than both of them as well. Chandler got destroyed for various reasons. Part of it was the porous perimeter defense. Again, not as big an issue.

Here's the real problem for the Pacers. Their PGs suck. George Hill being the savior this series is laughable because he's a middling PG, at best. They turn the ball over a lot, and are not great passers. As a result, I'm gonna bet we front the post, because if you can prevent the entry pass, you can prevent the low post position, and you can prevent the need for a double-team. Front the post, rip the entry passes and run, run, run. Hibbert's shitty motor will be exposed if we can keep the pace up.

If the Pacers chuck 3s at the rate they did against the Knicks, it should helps us as well. I'm not worried about anyone left in the playoffs. Then again, I wasn't worried about anyone to begin with. If you're the best team in the league, fans don't need to worry IMO. PEACE.

getting back to the Memphis/SA matchup, I dont see how you bank on the Grizz winning four against SA when two of their starters have such minimal impact on the offensive side. (and ugly ass jump shots too)
Memphis cant cheat on Green, Leonard or Splitter, cause all those guys put the ball in the hoop. So if you pick the Grizz to win, youre betting on Grizz role players like Bayless, Pondexter and Arthur having a monster series.

effzee

LOL if they let them play.

Pacers just shot 30+ free throws last night. Just because the calls didn't go both ways and extend to the Knicks doesn't mean they let them play. They called every possibly ticky tacky shit against the Knicks. Unless of course you live in a delusional world where the calls are only questionable when they favor a superstar or a big market team.

Can we ever get a game or series without bitching about the officiating? It goes both ways and balances out eventually.

Miami will get more calls because they play a different brand of offense. Shoot a lot of 3s yes but Bron and Wade also drive to the rim. Melo and Smith don't. They rather settle for jumpers. Plus Miami plays better team D, so they are less likely to foul as much as the Knicks.

I see the Pacers giving Miami major fits though. Series goes 7 games.

charsace

I remember him being dismissed as a random stiff with no talent back when he was drafted, everyone hated his contract, everyone in this thread hates his team and laughed at his FG% and now he will be on his way to a championship ring as long as the Pacers can pull off a legendary, nearly impossible upset.

Not me. Hibbert's physical play represents Jamaicans everywhere well.

LOL if they let them play.

Pacers just shot 30+ free throws last night. Just because the calls didn't go both ways and extend to the Knicks doesn't mean they let them play. They called every possibly ticky tacky shit against the Knicks. Unless of course you live in a delusional world where the calls are only questionable when they favor a superstar or a big market team.

Can we ever get a game or series without bitching about the officiating? It goes both ways and balances out eventually.

Miami will get more calls because they play a different brand of offense. Shoot a lot of 3s yes but Bron and Wade also drive to the rim. Melo and Smith don't. They rather settle for jumpers. Plus Miami plays better team D, so they are less likely to foul as much as the Knicks.

I see the Pacers giving Miami major fits though. Series goes 7 games.
Miami isn't even top 15 as team in regards to shot attempts at the rim. Yet they shoot a ton of freethrows.

Carmelo averages 6.5 shots per game at the rim, Lebron averages 6.9. Both are top 5 at attempting shots around the basket.

jjasper

I can't believe we have to play today

what the fuck

We will play 2 games before the ECF even starts. But we do have an extended break between 2 and 3. Guess they are setting up for us to play while they break and then they play during out break then alternating nights.

Zep

Banned
getting back to the Memphis/SA matchup, I dont see how you bank on the Grizz winning four against SA when two of their starters have such minimal impact on the offensive side. (and ugly ass jump shots too)
Memphis cant cheat on Green, Leonard or Splitter, cause all those guys put the ball in the hoop. So if you pick the Grizz to win, youre betting on Grizz role players like Bayless, Pondexter and Arthur having a monster series.

This series is going to be Detroit/Spurs 2005 Finals ugly. There's no favorite as far as I'm concerned.

I can't believe we have to play today

what the fuck

Man up.

jjasper

Hey jjasper, I was in Memphis yesterday and enjoyed myself. Also, I didn't get killed so that was cool.

Yesterday was a good day to be in town with te BBQ fest going on although it was humid as hell.

Should have let me know I could have bought you a beer or something.

KingGondo

Banned
The strong racism in this post
You don't watch The First 48 I take it?

No joke though, I had a great time. Had some damn good BBQ at The Cozy Corner and had breakfast at the Arcade, and the people were all super-nice (although they gave me shit about the playoffs when I told them I'm from OKC).

@jjasper: Thanks, I would have shot you a PM but I was only in town for 10 hours or so on the way back from Florida. Will do next time, and the same goes for you if you're ever in OKC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom