• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I thought I had seen all of Shaq's backboard shattering dunks...

TKbLE2V.gif

Wasn't that for NBA Inside Stuff with Ahmad Rashad? I remember watching that back in the day. Ahmad Rashad and Willow Bay hosted.

KingGondo

Banned
Good choices on the food. You must have been with someone that knew the city to hit up those places.
Oddly enough, heard about Cozy Corner on the radio in OKC, and the Arcade was highly rated on Yelp. Both were excellent, the Cornish hen from Cozy Corner is a bucket list meal. Damn that was good.

LOL if they let them play.

Pacers just shot 30+ free throws last night. Just because the calls didn't go both ways and extend to the Knicks doesn't mean they let them play. They called every possibly ticky tacky shit against the Knicks. Unless of course you live in a delusional world where the calls are only questionable when they favor a superstar or a big market team.

Can we ever get a game or series without bitching about the officiating? It goes both ways and balances out eventually.

Miami will get more calls because they play a different brand of offense. Shoot a lot of 3s yes but Bron and Wade also drive to the rim. Melo and Smith don't. They rather settle for jumpers. Plus Miami plays better team D, so they are less likely to foul as much as the Knicks.

I see the Pacers giving Miami major fits though. Series goes 7 games.
avatar bet that the series doesn't even go 6.

also, how does the Miami Heat prepare for THE Eastern Conference Finals? On the beach of course.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Anyway the Knicks can acquire Tiago Splitter this year? I'd rather him than Chandler.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Here I thought the worst thing about Wade was his HGH jawline or his ridiculous clothing attired.

But then I saw his belly button D:

KingGondo

Banned
My post-vacation good mood was brought down after learning that Presti will definitely not amnesty Perkins. We're stuck with that plodding fuck for 2 more years.

Sciz

Oddly enough, heard about Cozy Corner on the radio in OKC, and the Arcade was highly rated on Yelp. Both were excellent, the Cornish hen from Cozy Corner is a bucket list meal. Damn that was good.

Next time you're through the area, drop by a Gus's Fried Chicken. It'll ruin the national chains for you for life.

PBY

Banned
I know you are gonna defend the heat, but looking at Wade's torso its obvious that he is carrying a lot of water on his frame.

Eh I defend Miami mostly when people make conjecture arguments about bullshit intangibles.

I think pro sports are lathered in PEDs actually.

rando14

I don't know about Lebron, but looking at Wade he looks like he's juicing. Dude looks like he's retaining a lot of water.

Dont look at their "water retention" that could be due to anything.

Look instead at the parts of their bodies where their androgen receptors are in the highest quantity, aka the shoulders and traps. Lebron's delts are RIDICULOUS, and note how high up his neck his traps go.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I sim'd last Sunday's game vs. the Warriors twice and Golden State won both by 1 basket

I sim'd today's game and the Spurs won every time. It wasn't a blowout except for the opening minutes in 1 game when it was 10-0 Spurs but it was usually a 6-8 point margin through the entire game. Leonard scored 21 while Duncan went 1-8.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Here's a fun stat...

The Knicks averaged 15.5APG throughout the playoffs.

League average throughout the season was 22.1. League low throughout the season was 19.2... by the New York Knicks.

Here's a fun stat...

The Knicks averaged 15.5APG throughout the playoffs.

League average throughout the season was 22.1. League low throughout the season was 19.2... by the New York Knicks.

JR Smith and Carmelo are ball hogs. What Tyson Chandler said was absolutely true.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
JR Smith and Carmelo are ball hogs. What Tyson Chandler said was absolutely true.

yeah like I said during game 4..the Knicks don't run any set plays. No even on inbounds. If they did run plays especially inside/outside plays, they would be so much better. Problem is Tyson can't be an offensive threat on the block. His game is defense and put backs.

Here's what you do right...

get Boozer or Gibson from the Bulls and run pick and roll all day.

Emwitus

Anyway the Knicks can acquire Tiago Splitter this year? I'd rather him than Chandler.

LOL I will never understand how knicks, as a great a city as new york is, doesn't have the same kind of success as the lakers acquiring quality players. I suppose i could look at the clippers as reference.

yeah like I said during game 4..the Knicks don't run any set plays. No even on inbounds. If they did run plays especially inside/outside plays, they would be so much better. Problem is Tyson can't be an offensive threat on the block. His game is defense and put backs.

Here's what you do right...

get Boozer or Gibson from the Bulls and run pick and roll all day.

I don't get it?

Melo is no Dirk. Just sayin.

Absolutely not. Because Dirk was able to find the open shooter, he was one of the most efficient offensive players in the league, and he was clutch. When Dirk gets the ball in crunch time I think the odds favor him. When Carmelo Anthony gets the ball in crunch time it is a total crap shoot what he'll end up doing.

My post-vacation good mood was brought down after learning that Presti will definitely not amnesty Perkins. We're stuck with that plodding fuck for 2 more years.

Shit man. We have our differences because of the teams we root for, but even I wouldn't wish that on the Thunder. Maybe the Lakers though. How was the vacation otherwise? Also, which of the 4 teams are you rooting for?

Everyone said they wouldn't be able to improve from last year but they somehow got lucky in addition to getting a slightly better coach.

Doubt they blow it up, probably throw more at the wall and hope even more sticks.

Well, Magic's argument was that the Knicks were a better team during the season, but somehow transformed into a total crap team with absolutely no prospects to take the East by the time the playoffs came around. He thinks it's pointless to continue.

jjasper

Maybe we won't fall behind this series.

Edit: wait it's Hubble not JVG? We are 0-2 with Hubbie announcing these playoffs:( I love the man but he has been terrible luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom