• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop is saving T-Mac for a potential final, where he will unleash him to demoralize Lebron with his offense and defense, leading the team to the ring while winning Finals MVP. This much is obvious.

linsivvi

What ever happened to him? Didn't be attempt a comeback and averaged 20 something points in the D-Leauge? I used to LOVE making him player of the game in 2K. :(

Got cut by the Blazers before the season.

It was brilliant of the Spurs to not let the Grizz dictate the pace, at all.

It was at the Grizzlies' pace though, even slower than the Grizzlies regular season pace. They just couldn't defend the Spurs at all.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
playing the Heat would be fun since we haven't played them the entire season.

but gotta win 3 more games before all that happens

i really cant believe the grizz got blown the fuck out like that. i thought they might lose at san antonio but they really did shut down zbo

jjasper

All the makes were pretty much on wide open shots. It would be one thing if it was like Curry's 22 point quarter against us, but the Griz gave us those shots. Still, trusting Matt Bonner in the playoffs is fool's gold

It was also Zbo's worst game as a grizzly. Will be interesting to see what happens in game 2.

giri

All the makes were pretty much on wide open shots. It would be one thing if it was like Curry's 22 point quarter against us, but the Griz gave us those shots. Still, trusting Matt Bonner in the playoffs is fool's gold

if you're up, he's fine. Particularly that open.

Grizz have been good at making adjustments all play offs. they started every series losing the first game.

Still, i expected better than that. That was a whooping. Hope hollins doesn't get out coached too badly here.

You'd think spurs fans wouldn't get too high after what happened last year. Only batigoal seems grounded ever.

It was one game. Don't overreact.

If Memphis wins game 2 everyone will then declare Memphis the winner. It's getting annoying how people react to a single game either way.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Lionel Hollins gave no bullshit answers at the Q&A session. Seems that he already identified the main issues. Not saying that they will properly adjust and win the next game.

You'd think spurs fans wouldn't get too high after what happened last year. Only batigoal seems grounded ever.

It was one game. Don't overreact.

If Memphis wins game 2 everyone will then declare Memphis the winner. It's getting annoying how people react to a single game either way.

Which Spurs fans are saying the series is over?

Ripclawe

Banned
Meanwhile on Saturday in Miami.
A good sport: New York Knicks broadcaster Jill Martin shared a laugh with Miami Heat player Juwan Howard on the beaches of Miami on Saturday
il9XnV76bPJZi.jpg
iOMWPY7LJKLS1.jpg

Wade and Lebron also had a beach day on Saturday.

ibhRhXazMxG3d0.jpg

iBhSV194xsXrB.jpg

charsace

Was Duncan talking shit and trolling Dwight a part of the Spurs plan in the first round? He didn't do it to Bogut and didn't do it in the first game against the grizz.

Just got home, was out for the day and saw the score. What happened? Just well coached/defended Spurs?

Griz started the first quarter with some nerves and some poor turnovers. Their 3 point defense was so horrible they let Bonner hit 4 3's. Spurs fronted/doubled Zbo who didn't score until the game was over in the 4th.

giri

So Sterling was there "scouting" Hollins? Shit I'd throw the game too if I could end up with the Clippers.

Just as likely scouting any number of spurs guys too.

Unless Memphis can get sloan I'm not sure memphis fire hollins after this post-season. And hollins wouldn't take Clipps over Memphis. So....

rando14

Just as likely scouting any number of spurs guys too.

Unless Memphis can get sloan I'm not sure memphis fire hollins after this post-season. And hollins wouldn't take Clipps over Memphis. So....

yeah hollins job is secure for now

As for Sloan I have no idea where hes going to end up. iirc he wants to go to a good team that can win a ring but obviously those groups are happy with their coaches

imagine if OKC's FO grew a brain and dumped brooks lol

giri

yeah hollins job is secure for now

As for Sloan I have no idea where hes going to end up. iirc he wants to go to a good team that can win a ring but obviously those groups are happy with their coaches

imagine if OKC's FO grew a brain and dumped brooks lol

Supposedly not everyone in memphis thinks hollins is the long term answer.

And yeah, sloan is old. He can't go through a rebuild.

jjasper

Supposedly not everyone in memphis thinks hollins is the long term answer.

And yeah, sloan is old. He can't go through a rebuild.
I have stated my feelings on Hollins before so I won't rehash them but I will say after this run I do think he deserves a new contract. Apparently the head office wants him back too which is fine. I suspect he will be back here unless a team like the Lakers came after him.

giri

So Dwight wants to play in Texas. He might end up with the Spurs!

Not what he said, but he'd be stupid to not assess all his options properly.

I have stated my feelings on Hollins before so I won't rehash them but I will say after this run I do think he deserves a new contract. Apparently the head office wants him back too which is fine. I suspect he will be back here unless a team like the Lakers came after him.

I concur with most of your sentiments. I'd still love to see them get sloan as an assistant for the offensive end.

Pimpwerx

Hollins is only in trouble is Jollinger developed a PER stat for coaches.

Sloan will not coach in this league again because he's too old and really not that good. Utah fired him for a player they wanted to trade. That tells me they weren't real pleased with the results. PEACE.

giri

Hollins is only in trouble is Jollinger developed a PER stat for coaches.

Sloan will not coach in this league again because he's too old and really not that good. Utah fired him for a player they wanted to trade. That tells me they weren't real pleased with the results. PEACE.

Uhh, sloan could walk in and take just about any coaching job in the NBA except Pop's.

Emwitus

Uhh, sloan could walk in and take just about any coaching job in the NBA except Pop's.

and docs and that guy in miami or the bulls coach or hollins etc Sloan wasn't really that good. Got outcoached by phil on multiple occasions...as overrated as karl really

Pimpwerx

Not Spo's. I seriously doubt he'd get OKC. How many contenders are beating down his door? Dudes just don't sit around at home for two seasons when they're in demand. I don't see the Knicks going after him. The Warriors wouldn't want him if they let Jackson go. I think Sloan's stock has been artificially inflated by the internet, due to him seeing prominent action against Jordan's Bulls. What's often overlooked is that he failed miserably every time he got there. People want to burn Scott Brooks at the stake when Sloan was basically Brooks his entire career. PEACE.

giri

and docs and that guy in miami or the bulls coach or hollins etc Sloan wasn't really that good. Got outcoached by phil on multiple occasions...as overrated as karl really

Not Spo's. I seriously doubt he'd get OKC. How many contenders are beating down his door? Dudes just don't sit around at home for two seasons when they're in demand. I don't see the Knicks going after him. The Warriors wouldn't want him if they let Jackson go. I think Sloan's stock has been artificially inflated by the internet, due to him seeing prominent action against Jordan's Bulls. What's often overlooked is that he failed miserably every time he got there. People want to burn Scott Brooks at the stake when Sloan was basically Brooks his entire career. PEACE.

List of coaches that are flat out better than sloan that are actively coaching.

Popovic.

Some organisations aren't probably looking for a coaching change (miami), but most would seriously consider it outside of miami.

Bulls are the only other ones that are least likely. But i doubt sloan wants another round of boozer anyway.

But outside of that, he probably gets the current coach fired. or demoted anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom