• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

List of coaches that are flat out better than sloan that are actively coaching.

Popovic.

Some organisations aren't probably looking for a coaching change (miami), but most would seriously consider it outside of miami.

Bulls are the only other ones that are least likely. But i doubt sloan wants another round of boozer anyway.

But outside of that, he probably gets the current coach fired. or demoted anyway.

doc rivers
Thibs
karl
Carlise

Are all flat out better than him. Two of those coaches have actually won a ring i might add and both outcoached phil to a ring..... I don't know what revisionist history your trying to pull.

giri

doc rivers
Thibs
karl
Carlise

Are all flat out better than him. Two of those coaches have actually won a ring i might add and both outcoached phil to a ring..... I don't know what revisionist history your trying to pull.

nope
nope
nope
nope.

no, none of those 4 are.

Sloan has his problems, but he's a great coach. 2 of those are on rebuilding teams now anyway.

Pimpwerx

List of coaches that are flat out better than sloan that are actively coaching.

Popovic.

Some organisations aren't probably looking for a coaching change (miami), but most would seriously consider it outside of miami.

Bulls are the only other ones that are least likely. But i doubt sloan wants another round of boozer anyway.

But outside of that, he probably gets the current coach fired. or demoted anyway.

Ha! Riley would never replace Spo with Sloan. That list is a lot longer than that. Thibs and Doc aren't gonna be replaced by Sloan's old ass. When he's not coaching next year, is he still just picking his spots? PEACE.

giri

This is all i hear from you right now...

nananananananna

I didn't read.

Thats lovely.

Check $loan$ $tat$.

He's just simply better than those guys. There are some franchises that aren't looking, but if any of those guys heard that their FO had called sloan, they'd be worried.

Particularly Doc & Thibs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
doc rivers
Thibs
karl
Carlise

Thibs outcoaches himself by killing his own team before the allstar break and being unable to run a offense.

Doc killed McGrady and allows Rondo to stay acting like a toddler

Carlisle routinely acts like a dope by ruining every single point guard he gets. He got laps run around him in Indy and he did in Dallas too.

Karl got outcoached by Marc Jackson.

Winning a ring or COTY does not make you a good coach. At all.

Emwitus

Thibs outcoaches himself by killing his own team before the allstar break and being unable to run a offense.

Carlisle routinely acts like a dope by ruining every single point guard he gets. He got laps run around him in Indy and he did in Dallas too.

So what makes jerry sloan better than all those coaches? I'll wait. What do you mean doc killed mcgrady? And LOL at allowing Rondo to act like a toddler...let's forget about deron shall we. Oh guess who got knocked out in the first round by the only number 6 seed to win a championship? I love how you just brushed off carlisle's and doc's ring and ignored the number of times sloan choked. Winning a ring doesn't make you a good coach but it sure as heck differentiates good coaches from great coaches.

So what makes jerry sloan better than all those coaches? I'll wait.I love how you just brushed off carlisle's and doc's ring and ignored the number of times sloan choked. Winning a ring doesn't make you a good coach but it sure as heck differentiates good coaches from great coaches.
nah it just tells you who had more hall of famers on their team.

Carlisle had Chauncey in Detroit. Not his fault they didn't trade for Sheed till he left.

Not his fault that Ron Artest went into the stands either.

linsivvi

Back-to-back.

Mike-Brown1.jpg
MikeDAntoniisLAKERSNewHeadCoachNotPhilJackson.jpg

Ripclawe

Banned
We're not just another team. I don't understand what he's saying. But we're not just another team. That's not true. He said we're just another team in their way. We're a great team.
”
-- LeBron James, on Pacers coach Frank Vogel

uh oh...

Branduil

Whenever Lebron tries to manufacture outrage at bulletin board material, he always sounds whiny and insecure instead of confident and cocky.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Ha! Riley would never replace Spo with Sloan. That list is a lot longer than that. Thibs and Doc aren't gonna be replaced by Sloan's old ass. When he's not coaching next year, is he still just picking his spots? PEACE.

If you don't think Sloan would be better than almost any other coach except Pop, you're delusional. Although it would be a bad idea because it would disrupt team chemistry (and the players love him), I wouldn't be so sad to see Spoelstra go for Sloan or a Riley return. I see Spo every damn weekend at Tarpon Bend and you can tell he's a freakin' jerk.

Pimpwerx

Miami practiced on the main court today, and I assume they will again before Game1. Spo's already talked about doing stuff differently during this layoff than last series. Hopefully it translates into a faster start. Good to see Bron is trying to get himself psyched up too. PEACE.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
hopefully his performance will show it. he hasn't had any great showings this playoffs yet,there hasn't been reasons for one yet I guess but heat have been pretty boring so far. I blame the east.

The Heat get complacent. It happened against the Bucks and then in game 1 vs the Bulls. After they lost game 1, they turned it on for the next 3 games, then seemed bored after starting off with a 20 point lead in game 5.

Unless the Pacers really push them (which they won't due to their lack of scoring), it might be a pretty boring series.

Pimpwerx

If you don't think Sloan would be better than almost any other coach other than Pop, you're delusional. Although it would be a bad idea because it would disrupt team chemistry (and the players love him), I wouldn't be so sad to see Spoelstra go for Sloan or a Riley return. I see Spo every damn weekend at Tarpon Bend and you can tell he's a freakin' jerk.

WTF has Sloan done that warrants ditching a proven champion in Spo for?

Spo gets a lot of stick because his roster is so good. However, the defense is tits when the guys are locked in. That's coaching. The offense is a thing of beauty, with great ball and player movement. That's coaching. The team adjusts each series, despite facing teams that supposedly have our number in various areas. That's coaching.

I'm not certain what people expect from Spo other than winning games and winning championships. He missed the first year of the Big3, but that was the year everyone knew we'd be most-beatable. He won last year with an unorthodox lineup, and is finding success again with it. At some point, you gotta stop doubting and start accepting that the guy knows what he's doing. It's not like he was garbage before the Big3 either. Not a great offensive coach, but he was still a defensive wiz. Now, he's developed into a great offensive coach too. His efforts in the 2011 offseason have been well-chronicled.

I didn't care much for Spo after Pat retired, but I think he's one of the best coaches in the league. I'd be pretty damn pissed if Pat dropped him for a career loser in Sloan. Sloan is like Adelman. One of these coaches who's never won anything, yet half the armchairs on the internet are enamored with. Like Sloan, Adelman is a career loser too. No thanks. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Please.

Spo has about as much control over Miami as a mid-40s couple has over their babysitter on date night

Recon

Banned
malice-palacepg-vertical.jpg

He was?

He probably had the best team in the NBA that year. Too bad it had about 5 crazy people too many.

That happened Nov.2004, Larry Brown was coach.

Wikipedia said:
Pistons coach Larry Brown was not yet very concerned, because fights in the NBA rarely lasted for more than a few seconds. During the argument, Artest lay down on the scorer's table while putting on a headset to pretend to speak with radio broadcaster Mark Boyle..

Edit: Fuck you are talking about the Pacers. Pacers suck. I forgot about his years after Detroit and before Dallas.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What did they change from last year? Looks exactly the same.

More current players in there, I think. Some of them that certainly don't belong in this montage. Some that have never even made the playoffs are in this.

The Spurs have an interesting strategy against Memphis. Pop knows that they run their offense inside out so if they can manage to force either Randolph or Gasol to have a bad game they'll likely win. They're going to get extremely limited scoring from players like Prince and even Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom