• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Please.

Spo has about as much control over Miami as a mid-40s couple has over their babysitter on date night

Uh huh. And when he sat the starters at the end of the season, and the ball movement continued on offense, it was just magic I guess. He ain't making the Finals without the Big3, but Pop isn't without his either. If you followed the team with any level of interest, you'd hear Spo's words coming out the mouths of the players regularly. Like it or not, he plays an instrumental part in this team. Just this week alone, Bron dropped three Spoisms in one interview. Everyone's bought in to his system. PEACE.

Vire

I love Lebron's comments about not being "just another team". We are the motherfuckers who eliminated your ass last year and won the chip.

I love Lebron's comments about not being "just another team". We are the motherfuckers who eliminated your ass last year and won the chip.

Way to miss the point. Vogel is trying to say that they aren't some unstoppable bogeyman, they can be beat just like any other team.

Recon

Banned
You mean the stats that show he coached 2 guys who are allegedly top 5 all-time at their position for their entire primes, never won a ring and only got 2 conference titles to show for it?

Those stats?

People shouldnt be judged for not chipping during the Jordan era.

THRILLH0

Banned
People shouldnt be judged for not chipping during the Jordan era.

They only even made it to the finals to play the Bulls twice.

I think giri is half-right in that a whole bunch of teams would jump at hiring Sloan but I wouldn't necessarily call the guy who let DWill push him around a better coach than all those guys.

Right now the Spurs need to beat the Grizzlies before anyone can start talking about Finals. If they can manage to win at home tomorrow, they will have about four and a half days rest before playing in Memphis. If they can continue peaking and getting healthy, then they have a shot at winning this; but if they lose the next game, it is effectively over for them.

KingKong

am I the only one who thinks Wade going to that prom is weird? its just kind of creepy. also thats a very err.... mature... 18 year old

The 2012 Spurs would have given the Heat a hell of a fight. I'm not sure who wins but I know for damn sure Manu wouldn't have choked it up like Harden did.

The Heat are significantly better this year though, and the Spurs offense isn't what it used to be.

..but, our defense is greatly improved so maybe that evens out the difference.

idk

atm I'm worried about the Grizz. I live in constant fear of a backdoor sweep lol

I still really don't understand why Heat-Pacers aren't tonight. I mean, is there something important on TV tonight??

Like what the fuck

Great excerpt about Danny Green

Daily Dime said:
The gathering in front of Green's locker was even smaller despite a journey to such a productive role in a playoff game that was even more improbable.

Green's initial contact with the Spurs was thanks to a stint in Cleveland with the Cavaliers under Danny Ferry. When Ferry lost his job as Cleveland's general manager in 2010 and returned to the Spurs organization that had given him his post-playing start, he recommended they bring in Green. They signed him on Nov. 17, 2010, and waived him on Nov. 23, 2010. They couldn't stand him. The Spurs didn't like his attitude and didn't think he'd fit in with their team-oriented culture.

Then, Green did something that didn't fit in with our unapologetic, text-message culture. He asked for a second chance -- on a voicemail message he left for Gregg Popovich.

Green says he told him, "I'll do whatever you need me to do. Rebound, defense, towel boy, water boy … whatever you need me to do, I'm going to do that."

Popovich took it to heart. He brought back Green that March and signed him through the end of the 2010-11 season. By the next season, Green started more than half of the 66 games in the lockout-shortened schedule.

"Pop's a really good dude, and he gave me a second chance and I appreciate that," Green said. "The whole way along he's been pushing me and teaching me to be better, and I've grown within the system."

Green's numbers fell off across the board in the playoffs last season, but this spring he keeps getting better as the Spurs go deeper into the postseason. He went from averaging seven points per game in the first round against the Lakers to 12 points per game in the second round against the Warriors, as big a round-to-round jump as could be found in these playoffs. He started off the conference finals with 16 points, making half of his six 3-pointers in Game 1. He is excelling at fitting in, which is a valued commodity on the Spurs.

"Not everybody can be the superstar," Green said. "Every team is made up of role players. Regardless of if you start or not -- bench or not -- you have a role if you're not one of those main guys."

It helps when the superstars don't mope if they aren't solely responsible for the victory.

"We're going to try to win this thing as a team," Duncan said. "That's the way we've done it all year long. We have to find production from all kinds of different directions."

:eek:

The 2012 Spurs would have given the Heat a hell of a fight. I'm not sure who wins but I know for damn sure Manu wouldn't have choked it up like Harden did.

The Heat are significantly better this year though, and the Spurs offense isn't what it used to be.

..but, our defense is greatly improved so maybe that evens out the difference.

idk

atm I'm worried about the Grizz. I live in constant fear of a backdoor sweep lol

They aren't as good as last year in the post season so far. On paper they are but the only deep ball threats they've had over the last two series are Ray Allen and Norris Cole. Brons deepball has regressed, Battiers has regressed and so has Chalmers. It makes their small ball game less dominant.

And Wade is one big shot away from being out. The Pacers are going to make sure they don't get out of that series without a few injuries.

They can flick a switch at any point as far as shooting goes, but if they maintain the threepoint percentage they have against Indiana and San Antonio I think they are going to be in trouble. Less so against the Pacers because they can't score enough, but its going to get them wrecked against the Spurs.

They aren't as good as last year in the post season so far. On paper they are but the only deep ball threats they've had over the last two series are Ray Allen and Norris Cole. Brons deepball has regressed, Battiers has regressed and so has Chalmers. It makes their small ball game less dominant.

And Wade is one big shot away from being out. The Pacers are going to make sure they don't get out of that series without a few injuries.

They can flick a switch at any point as far as shooting goes, but if they maintain the threepoint percentage they have against Indiana and San Antonio I think they are going to be in trouble. Less so against the Pacers because they can't score enough, but its going to get them wrecked against the Spurs.

I mean

I wouldn't take stats against the Bucks and Bulls very seriously

I mean

I wouldn't take stats against the Bucks and Bulls very seriously

why not

Neither of those teams had any ability to do much of anything either due to lack of bodies (bulls) or fucks (bucks).

And its not like they weren't trying. Bron was serious as fuck at least in the Bulls series.

If they can't shoot worth a damn against those guys then its not going to get better against healthier, better teams.

why not

Neither of those teams had any ability to do much of anything either due to lack of bodies (bulls) or fucks (bucks).

And its not like they weren't trying. Bron was serious as fuck at least in the Bulls series.

If they can't shoot worth a damn against those guys then its not going to get better against healthier, better teams.

Well, I just find it hard to criticize a team thats 8-1 so far. You can pinpoint one or two stats for any team with that kind of sample size.

If Battier's missing shots against the Pacers then sure thats a cause for worry. But the Heat are fine right now, and I'd just as easily point to their excellent regular season finish as their performance in the postseason.

Think about the past 10 days of the Spurs; think about the past 10 years of the Spurs. Every year we gawk at this team, how they're still this good, but it only gets more incredible as we go. I still hate them — hate them hate them hate them — and I can't totally explain why. But you have to admire them, and when they're gone, I think we might even miss them.

(Just kidding.)

(They'll never be gone.)

Tim Duncan will keep playing well into his 50s, Pop's brain will be put into a Cyborg body like Robocop, it'll never be over

Pimpwerx

why not

Exaggerating much? People only seem to remember the close games. Two of those games were won by a combined 60 points. A third game was won by double-digits. Two wins were close, although one still ended in double-digits. If that's a problem, it's a problem Heat fans have no problem with. PEACE.

Exaggerating much? People only seem to remember the close games. Two of those games were won by a combined 60 points. A third game was won by double-digits. Two wins were close, although one still ended in double-digits. If that's a problem, it's a problem Heat fans have no problem with. PEACE.

You do realize who you played right

Pimpwerx

Prigs considering returning to Spain?
Point guard Pablo Prigioni faces a tough decision on whether to stay in the NBA or return to the Spanish League next season, because his wife, Raquel, wants to return overseas, according to a source.

Prigioni on Saturday continued to be noncommittal on whether he wants to return to the Knicks.

“I think it's not the moment to talk about that now,'' Prigioni said after the Game 6 playoff ouster. “It's painful to lose. It's painful to start the vacation now. This is about the team. Now I stay quiet.”

He's going back to stealing cookies overseas now? He seemed like one of the Knicks' better acquisitions this season. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

You do realize who you played right

I was pointing out that the shooting woes are more than a little overblown. If we shoot against Indy like we did the first two series, we'd still be shooting a lot better than any other Indy opponent. Seeing how many games they've managed to drop as a result, I'm not exactly sure that's a point of concern. PEACE.

xnipx

Is the sharp that wrote that article for grantland the same one who posted here? He was a wiz fan right? They also have a Knicks fan turned nugget fan who wrote something today as well.

Rumors on realgm that the Knicks are giving smith a 4 year, 5 per extension lulz

1282691438785.gif

diehard

Fleer
A year too long but 5 mil per year isn't really that terrible, and i hate Smith.

To put it in perspective, one year of Amare is more expensive than those 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom