• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

This is a pretty good breakdown, I agree with everything except maybe the last lineup recommendation, altho it makes sense.

And I think Hibbert is gonna Hibbert, last year he went ham thru the playoffs too.

Eh, Hibbert couldn't beast on Joel Anthony twice in 6 games. At this point, i'll believe it when i see it. I have no faith in the guy at all.

If he starts to show up every game, of every series, i'll believe the pacers could beat the heat. COULD.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still have no idea why Heat fans blame the Pacers for their team playing like complete fucking pansies last year.

Eh, Hibbert couldn't beast on Joel Anthony twice in 6 games. At this point, i'll believe it when i see it. I have no faith in the guy at all.

If he starts to show up every game, of every series, i'll believe the pacers could beat the heat. COULD.
Knicks in the regular season destroyed the Pacers by getting him involved in PnR. It was to the point people would complain if Hibbert got in foul trouble, Knicks fans wanted him on the court while Pacers fans were begging Vogel to play Mahmimi. Dude couldn't even take advantage of Chris Copeland last week of the season in a game that would decide the 2nd seed, I'm part of the "Aberration" camp w/ Roy.

Cipherr

Melo shooting 35 for 101 in the last few games breh? Oh my...

6wT3Tft.png

ib1T1SfjbyQnd8.gif

Interesting postgame comments.
Nate Taylor @ByNateTaylor about 7 minutes ago
Mike Woodson essentially said this was the best David West & Roy Hibbert had played against the Knicks this season.
Chandler won that matchup all year, today it went the other way. Also Woodson saying he needs to find a way to get that reversed.

and LOL if you think Tyson shooting jumpers and shit is good for NY right now. He actually does shoot like a 5-8 footer in practice, but never really takes it in games.

giri

Why do you guys think some big men just don't have post game?

No one develops post games in junior ball in the USA at all.

Also, tyson never developed a jumper, and he hasn't the body to be a low post guy, at best he could be a face up threat. But with no jumper thats an easy cover. Which is odd considering his FT% and i think says more about his body control when he trys to shoot a jumper.

Guy makes up for it by being a good roll man with v.good hands and great on D.

PBY

Banned
Interesting postgame comments.

Chandler won that matchup all year, today it went the other way. Also Woodson saying he needs to find a way to get that reversed.

and LOL if you think Tyson shooting jumpers and shit is good for NY right now. He actually does shoot like a 5-8 footer in practice, but never really takes it in games.

Regular season doesn't mean shit in the playoffs.

Vestal

Melo shooting 35 for 101 in the last few games breh? Oh my...

6wT3Tft.png

ib1T1SfjbyQnd8.gif
what happens when you take high difficulty shots.

funny that every time he drove to the rim something good came out of it for the knicks. Too bad that's just an aberration.

its like the knicks need to feel like underdogs to put up a fight. whenever theyre favored like they have been against the celtics and pacers, i feel like they mentally check out and come in expecting to win. how can any "elite" team lose like this and at home?

im also tired of them being so damn emotional and bitching about calls. this is nothing new, they had an entire season to realize that they will get on the shit end of calls. yet everytime theyre losing their fucking minds and losing composure. the talent is there but if theyre gonna whine and moan about every non call then they wont get anywhere.

i might have a little sympathy but when you get paid millions to put a ball in a fuckin basket, there should be no reason to lose your cool and so goddamn easily.

theyre so lazy on defense. so many of the pacers shots were open and uncontested. lazy on the boards. a couple of time i saw a buncha knicks just standing around (especially melo) just looking at the ball and not doing anything. you need to hustle and make a fucking effort. not make an effort at the last 4 minutes of the game, make that effort from the beginning. hibbert completely owned tyson today too, like WTF.

i wont even start on the iso and hero balls. its a team sport, so play like a team. it doesnt help JR decided to go golfing in his brain already.

lazy and emotional, thats pretty much the knicks right now. i initially had them at 7 but its looking more like pacers in 5 or 6. pacers wont lose at home and unless the knicks start playing maturely and composed theyre not going to win more than 1 game i suppose.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fuckball looked great tonight man.

Best its looked in a while

Great though? naw.

Once they went up 8+ in the 3rd they went back to fuckball by encouraging quickplay between open 3s and dumb fouls in combination with absolute retard shots on their end.

Pimpwerx

I missed the entire Knicks game. What happened other than Melo needing 28 shots to score 27 points? Wait...that's probably all that needs to happen for them to lose. LOL! Still, I didn't expect Indy to take Game1 on the road. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom