• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

I have a feeling his show tomorrow is just going to be reading tweet after tweet like this laughing hysterically:

0A0GKdC.png

Either way, should be a fun listen.

I have a feeling his show tomorrow is just going to be reading tweet after tweet like this laughing hysterically:

lol yeah pretty much

I love when Stan Van Gundy comes on, I wish he was on more often during the playoffs. He is really good on the radio

Vire

lol yeah pretty much

I love when Stan Van Gundy comes on, I wish he was on more often during the playoffs. He is really good on the radio

I can't believe they convince Stan week after week to come back. He's way too good for that show.

I feel spoiled.

Pimpwerx

lol yeah pretty much

Stan and Bomani are excellent each week. At the risk of exposing bad taste, I also have a soft spot for Greg Cote. It's funny because I used to love his columns and hate Dan's in the Herald sports section. Now I find I like him more on the radio too. PEACE.

Stan and Bomani are excellent each week. At the risk of exposing bad taste, I also have a soft spot for Greg Cote. It's funny because I used to love his columns and hate Dan's in the Herald sports section. Now I find I like him more on the radio too. PEACE.

I also have a soft spot for Greg Cote's bad jokes. I do like the show better when it's more of a trio like back in the day.

Seems like he's maybe trying other people out for Monday/Friday, Max Kellerman....ehhh he was alright. I liked Bomani and Stan from day 1 though

They really need to bring back the "Cut the Bleep" segment with JVG

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
are people really upset that LBJ didn't win the MVP unanimously?

PBY

Banned
I also have a soft spot for Greg Cote's bad jokes. I do like the show better when it's more of a trio like back in the day.

Seems like he's maybe trying other people out for Monday/Friday, Max Kellerman....ehhh he was alright. I liked Bomani and Stan from day 1 though

They really need to bring back the "Cut the Bleep" segment with JVG

Tuesday by faaaar is my favorite day, love the Cote.

Lebatard, as it appears, doesn't have an MVP vote. He was just trolling.

Kellerman was so meh- you know what I'd actually want? Hochman-Fridays.

Tuesday by faaaar is my favorite day, love the Cote.

Lebatard, as it appears, doesn't have an MVP vote. He was just trolling.

Kellerman was so meh- you know what I'd actually want? Hochman-Fridays.

I'm just now listening to the Tim Kurkjian segment from Friday

"She came out whiter than Hubie Brown"

lmfao

Pimpwerx

Tim is surprisingly cool and chill about it.

The few times he got legitimately mad at them, he still played it cool. I'm really surprised the Lebatard Show isn't nationally syndicated yet, because the quality of the guest list is comparable to some of the ESPN radio shows. Not nearly on Cowherd's level, who gets nothing but A-list guests, but I have to imagine this is the top show in this South Florida market by a considerable margin. He'd probably outdraw Laz's when he was still on Power96. Or maybe I've gone too far. LOL! PEACE.

The few times he got legitimately mad at them, he still played it cool. I'm really surprised the Lebatard Show isn't nationally syndicated yet, because the quality of the guest list is comparable to some of the ESPN radio shows. Not nearly on Cowherd's level, who gets nothing but A-list guests, but I have to imagine this is the top show in this South Florida market by a considerable margin. He'd probably outdraw Laz's when he was still on Power96. Or maybe I've gone too far. LOL! PEACE.

He's gotten legit mad at them before? I know he calls them and the show stupid a lot but it seems like it's usually in good spirit

Those few days when Stugotz is on First Take this summer is going to be amazing. I'm almost a little scared...

Omega

Banned
i leave GAF for a few weeks and SoulPlaya is a Heat fan now? only thing that hasn't changed is everyone going nuts over a bad Melo performance, like it's surprising how uneffecient he can majority of the time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i leave GAF for a few weeks and SoulPlaya is a Heat fan now? only thing that hasn't changed is everyone going nuts over a bad Melo performance, like it's surprising how uneffecient he can majority of the time.
What? No, I'm not. I'm still repping purple and gold, baby.

Pimpwerx

I was gonna make a totally self-absorbed thread on the OT, serving only to draw attention to myself. Luckily, I realized that would just be what my inner troll would want. So I'll just place this here, since this thread seems to be the root of all my problems. Plus, I'm drunk. :D

So this has probably been building for a number of years now. The day when I finally realize that I've become everything I hated in forum posters. Has this happened to anyone else?

It dawned on my last week, after I got banned from RealGM for a month. I'd gotten a few 12hr suspensions in the 2+ years I've been there, but nothing major. Then I recently earned a ban for trolling. I emailed an admin and he told me I've been making personal attacks and trolling for a while. This was news to me.

I've always considered myself a solid poster. Able to churn out hundreds or thousands of well-reasoned words on any topic I feel passionate about. I remember thousand+ word post wars with TheArtfulDodger back during the DC-PS2 days. I remember taking active interest in microprocessor development (it was my major) and posting on Beyond3D and here about the EE and GS.

Then, something changed. I all but abandoned the gaming side following the PS3 launch. Probably around the time the Online forum (now Gaming Community) sprung up. I started posting only in OT, and mostly on contentious topics. Politics and relationships. I started sharing a bit too much of my personal life and found that posting a well-timed zinger was more rewarding than actual constructive discussion. My eyes started glazing over when reading posts longer than a paragraph. The influx of politically correct newbies only compounded this problem.

I got my first GAF ban a few years ago, and quickly followed it up with a few more. I think things started to spiral when I began posting in the NBA thread. Blackace is not a big fan of mine, and I think he inevitably issued me a perm. During that 1.5 years away from the forum, I upped my post content at RGM, and actually developed a good reputation there. I felt passionate about the Heat, and so I put more thought into my posts, and tried my best to be a model citizen. However, the same bad habits are re-emerging. My eyes glaze when reading "long" posts. I've fallen in love with getting that "clever" reply in instead of actually, you know, posting quality discussion.

So, I decided to share this with some of the forumites who might actually remember me in some capacity other than the troll before you. I feel like Drinky Crow when he fell off the wagon and embraced his role as ubertroll. I'm at a crossroads where I either embrace the troll I've become, or try to right the ship and get back to being the kind of poster that people actually used to vote for in those "Favorite Poster" threads, back when there was only one forum. For now, I'm sticking to a few threads, and trying to monitor my post activity. With any luck, I can rekindle some of the appeal I held back in the day. If not, I'm probably due for a ban soon anyway.

There's only so long you can blame others for going soft before you look in the mirror and realize you've just become a troll (I'm looking at you too, Cloving).

tl;dr: I'm tired of getting banned, and I'm gonna try to post better. No promises.

Almost forgot.... PEACE.

I'm glad (for your GAF account) that you didn't post that as an individual thread. Then again, with the new thread policies from Evil, maybe it would have not resulted in anything.

(My posting habits are probably leaning towards too arrogant and condescending as well despite not liking that in anyone, but I don't think I've ever considered making a thread about it...)

giri

I'm glad (for your GAF account) that you didn't post that as an individual thread. Then again, with the new thread policies from Evil, maybe it would have not resulted in anything.

(My posting habits are probably leaning towards too arrogant and condescending as well despite not lacking that in anyone, but I don't think I've ever considered making a thread about it...)

I think you'd be right at the top of most peoples "most likely to never get banned lists".

Pimpwerx

LOL! Sorry, I've had a bit too much of the scotch. I turned 35 on Thu, and I've been partying pretty much all weekend. I'm finally cooling off, but still quite drunk. However, this is something I've talked about randomly on irc. The fact that I'm really not a good poster anymore. It's just new to me, being a troll. I might have been in this category for a few years now, but it's only dawned on me recently. So, I'm gonna switch things up a bit. I will admit, I'd never make a post like that sober. Not my style, but right now...why the fuck not? No fucks given. Flame away. PEACE.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Oh hey NBA GAF has turned into Livejournal now?

Can I just have a thread where its only Blackace, reilo, mama and myself? Thanks.

(My posting habits are probably leaning towards too arrogant and condescending as well despite not liking that in anyone, but I don't think I've ever considered making a thread about it...)

When you had a Daria avatar that fit you so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom