• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Rose has no Muscle Memories, Durant having Russell Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as other people start nailing shots and the paint opens up, Melo will be fine. Everyone is going to pack the paint against the Knicks, and have their defense keyed against #7. JR has to get on point again. Kidd needs to be a shooting threat again.

Right now, defending the Knicks is easy because only Felton is effective in more than one way (shooting/pnr), and only Shumpert can score quasi-consistently outside of Melo. If you're basically asking the Knicks to beat you with just jumpshooting, the Knicks will lose every time.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The way the Knicks played in the beginning of the season and against the Heat (3-1) makes me wants to cheer for them but man, they're making it difficult. The Knicks is an elite team, in the east.

captmcblack said:
As soon as other people start nailing shots and the paint opens up, Melo will be fine. Everyone is going to pack the paint against the Knicks, and have their defense keyed against #7. JR has to get on point again. Kidd needs to be a shooting threat again.

Right now, defending the Knicks is easy because only Felton is effective in more than one way (shooting/pnr), and only Shumpert can score quasi-consistently outside of Melo. If you're basically asking the Knicks to beat you with just jumpshooting, the Knicks will lose every time.
JR Smith is the luckiest mofo on this team, he can shoot like crap and all the blame goes to Carmelo. JR needs to go back to catch-and-shoot or drive and kick, none of the driible-dancing crap.
Once teams actually realize they need to force Felton left..JR and Melo will be taking even more shots.
You can't "force" the jank in any one direction. That's why it's the jank; it goes where it wants to.

Amare would actually help the Knicks.

10 to 15 minutes of him abusing second and third-string big men would be great, especially if those points are easy ones in the paint. Him requiring defensive strategies that pay even half a second to him would open up shots for other people...how would that not be helpful?

Or is this just "it's Amare"?

Also, all this Melo bashing is okay because it's second-round Melo bashing. The only bashing left are nebulous "vs. LBJ" stats or random sample trolls like "2-10 in [insert playoff round here] when he shoots this much" or something.

Amare would actually help the Knicks.

10 to 15 minutes of him abusing second and third-string big men would be great, especially if those points are easy ones in the paint. Him requiring defensive strategies that pay even half a second to him would open up shots for other people...how would that not be helpful?

Or is this just "it's Amare"?

His shit defense is not worth the so called extra points. He will get blocked most of the time too.

His shit defense is not worth the so called extra points. He will get blocked most of the time too.
If you watched alot of the minutes with him on the court he wasn't terrible on D and any time it seemed he was being taken advantage of, Woodson subbed him out. It'd be the same policy when he comes back.

Also it's not just the inside post-presence, but the fouls he'd
theoretically
draw. Get into the Bonus earlier, getting FT attempts and such.

Pimpwerx

Just listening to Bron's MVP speech. Dude is a better public speaker than I imagined. Today's speech was thoughtful and flowed well for something he did with off the cuff with no note cards. He shows a lot of gratitude to those that helped him out too. It's surprising people think he's a douche. He's liked by everyone in the league and comes off as a nice guy in these sort of speaking engagements. I don't see the douche. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Just listening to Bron's MVP speech. Dude is a better public speaker than I imagined. Today's speech was thoughtful and flowed well for something he did with off the cuff with no note cards. He shows a lot of gratitude to those that helped him out too. It's surprising people think he's a douche. He's liked by everyone in the league and comes off as a nice guy in these sort of speaking engagements. I don't see the douche. PEACE.
I used to think the same thing about MJ, but it turned out to just be Nike and media marketing doing its hardest to hide MJ's true personality. Who knows, though? LeBron could be sincere.

giri

lol if you think it's entirely off the cuff.

Where u been his entire career?

Its not exactly news to the world that Carmelo takes a lot of fg's. Its kinda funny people are just noticing now.

Melo's shooting and not connecting at a historic level though. It's nearly impossible to have your USG% higher than your FG% but he's done it so far in the playoffs.

h3ro

frankman just like char is full of shit.
naw i just want one win and want the heat to deal with them. ;)
ijZiOubOgR0CK.gif

yes.

Syphon going rogue. lol

it's about damn time.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
One. This is soemthing silly for people to be so angry about.

Two. If it was LeBatard, it would make sense because hes been raving about the public shift in perception people have had on the Heat just because they've been winning games and people like a winning team, so he would be doing a public experiemnt of sorts. From listening to his show everyday for a few years, I dont think he does anything for attention.

Three. How many people calling an idiot to whoever voted for Carmelo was backing Rose for his MVP trophy when the only reason LeBron didnt win it was because people were angry at him?

Pimpwerx

Lebatard spends so much of his show railing against people who vote like that, that I find it hard to believe he's actually the one. He takes the contrarian view a lot, but this seems out of character. I think he's just trolling the Twitterverse, because he knows Miami tweeples are on a witchhunt. He'll get the ratings bump he wants tomorrow, when he probably mocks everyone that overreacted. PEACE.

Vire

If it really was Dan, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

It is kind of a dick move though to rob him of a unanimous win just because you want higher ratings on your show though.

Lebatard spends so much of his show railing against people who vote like that, that I find it hard to believe he's actually the one. He takes the contrarian view a lot, but this seems out of character. I think he's just trolling the Twitterverse, because he knows Miami tweeples are on a witchhunt. He'll get the ratings bump he wants tomorrow, when he probably mocks everyone that overreacted. PEACE.

Yep.

I have a feeling you are correct Pimp.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah I'd bet on this.

The guy who voted for Melo has to be a writer for some NY paper.

Pimpwerx

@ESPNSteinLine 33s
Guessing this'll only cement my spot on @LeBatardShow banned list but quite certain my man Dan doesn't have an NBA MVP vote

LOL! I think this is right. Dan doesn't have an MVP vote, his dad does. I remember now that he talked about this on his show the day his dad received notice of his vote. Papi has a vote on the Heisman, and I assume he also has one on the MVP. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom