• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Getting really bored at people ripping on the Pacers after Game 1. George made a mistake on that final play, overplaying LeBron so there was an easy path for a layup. Maybe Hibbert could have rotated in time, but it's unlikely given how slow-footed he is.

But lost in all of this "They blew their chance!" is that no one thinks they have a chance to begin with. They played a better team on the road to an essential draw, which proved that they can go toe-to-toe with the best. No one thinks they're winning the title this year, and yet the Pacers and Vogel get insulted for losing a game that everyone picked them to lose. It makes no sense!

Everyone expected them to lose and for sure there's no shame in losing that game, but they got rimmed for losing after being up with 2.2 to go...by giving up a wide open layup...to Lebron James of all people.

And why is Wade let off the hook for fouling George with 2.2 seconds left?

Ummm because he didn't foul...at all. Also Wade is the most shitted on player here(and for good reason), so there.

Gigglepoo

Ummm because he didn't foul...at all. Also Wade is the most shitted on player here(and for good reason), so there.

Is that true? It was harder for me to see closeups in a bar, and there wasn't any sound. Was it a clean block?

Also, why is Vogel getting slammed instead of George? If he played defense like he normally does, LeBron would have had a tough pull up jumper.

Is that true? It was harder for me to see closeups in a bar, and there wasn't any sound. Was it a clean block?

Also, why is Vogel getting slammed instead of George? If he played defense like he normally does, LeBron would have had a tough pull up jumper.
I still cant really tell if it was a foul but wade was probably better off letting him shoot an off unbalance 30 something footer than risk it. cant blame him for what he did in the moment though

Don't you have like a 16 year old in your avatar? Your opinion is stupid.

Great argument there. You should visit a state where people aren't inbred so you could see what good women look like.

I will fight your face off.

Brah she isn't even better looking than the waitresses at Cabo on Hollywood. Go down to Hollywood on any given night and she tons of women better looking than her. She isn't special.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Brie is 'aite'.

People love her character because it reminds them of 'that girl' from 'way back'.

^^And George did better than anyone thought he would. One play getting burned when you see your backup headed to the bench is gonna fuck with you - like maybe it leads to overplaying a guy or something.

But the Pacers really just need to get swept. They're always dumb. They practice it. They're good at it.

Brie is 'aite'.

People love her character because it reminds them of 'that girl' from 'way back'.

^^And George did better than anyone thought he would. One play getting burned when you see your backup headed to the bench is gonna fuck with you - like maybe it leads to overplaying a guy or something.

But the Pacers really just need to get swept. They're always dumb. They practice it. They're good at it.

Naw i want a long series.

busy and away, but just chiming in to say i think the Heat win comfortably tonight.

Also Vogel made one of the worst decisions I've ever seen by benching Hibbert not once but twice at the end.

diehard

Fleer
I never understood why the people of Utah seemingly aren't capable of coming up with a good comeback to those types of jokes tbh

I did have one, with stats and all that.. but its just before a playoff game so i don't want to start it again and people would just dismiss it anyway. Anyone who thinks Brie is nothing special can't be reasoned with.

DY_nasty

busy and away, but just chiming in to say i think the Heat win comfortably tonight.

Also Vogel made one of the worst decisions I've ever seen by benching Hibbert not once but twice at the end.

That's not even the worst coaching decision made in the past two weeks.

Brie is 'aite'.

Oh I agree fully on George, I'm a big fan of the defense he plays, but he did make a mistake that lost them the game even though Vogel made the bigger mistake.

Slammed? George had an incredible game, playing at a high level on both ends of the court. And Vogel created a gameplan that had his team leading after 52 minutes. Slammed? That's ridiculous.

I worded it poorly. I meant to say they should both take some of the blame and neither deserve the full brunt of it.

Not being into Brie is fine with me, whatever. That just means if me DY Kap and dIEHARD are ever at a bar and Brie walks in I get dibs cause DY and Kap duncare and dIEHARD couldn't be bothered to make a move to save his life like a fucking stubborn panda.

Hey dIEHARD how fast would you cut yourself if Baldy's cousin looked just like Brie. Super fast, right?

Gigglepoo

Hibbert made more than a few mistakes down the stretch, though. He was clearly less effective, failing to rotate quick enough on a couple defensive plays, and fumbling the ball twice on the offensive end. There's a debate if he should have been in the game at the end.

Though no one thinks Psycho T was the right choice.

Hibbert would have been guarding Ray Allen

Or not because you can tell hibbert not to switch and/or play a matchup zone etc.

It was a stupid decision made worse by putting in Sam Young for him.

And Hibbert guarding Ray Allen with 2.2 is STILL better than what happened.

At the very least you put hibbert to guard the inbounds pass. That pass to Lebron was way too easy.

giri

Yeah, not stickied and not in first page. Guess it's time to subscribe to NBA threads, which wasn't necessary before.

It makes sense for us to be here, but 20-25 guys? Over 200 people made more than 10 posts in OT2. Over 300 who made 5 posts or more. It's a big community.

Did you just go advanced stats, on posting metrics?

DY_nasty

Not being into Brie is fine with me, whatever. That just means if me DY Kap and dIEHARD are ever at a bar and Brie walks in I get dibs cause DY and Kap duncare and dIEHARD couldn't be bothered to make a move to save his life like a fucking stubborn panda.

Hey dIEHARD how fast would you cut yourself if Baldy's cousin looked just like Brie. Super fast, right?

lmao goddamn

#bullying #eabuse

Seems like the consensus today is that the Heat will blow out the Pacers tonight. I feel that as well.

I will be going to the game so I wont be on during.

Pimpwerx

I've been really surprised with all the Indy-Miami talk. There was a lot of mention of West being a mismatch for us, and how he was sticking it in us all season. However, no mention that he only got up 6 shots in the second half and overtime. I don't think it was foul trouble either. He only sat 5.5 minutes in the 3rd. He went 3-6, but it seems like the adjustments made at halftime not only limited his shots, but forced him out of the post. Only one shot was in the paint, and I think that was a putback.

I'm interested to see if we can continue to limit his production for the rest of the series. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Seems like the consensus today is that the Heat will blow out the Pacers tonight. I feel that as well.

I will be going to the game so I wont be on during.

Drink a Red Frog for me. If you haven't tried it, it's the beer they only serve on the Carnival boats...and at the AAA. It's really damn good IMO. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SMH. Who voted for these kinds of awards? Trainer of the year seems like it should go to someone in Phoenix almost every year. Chicago? You mean where bodies go to break? Uh huh. PEACE.
These types of discussions always get confused on the net because people can't tell the difference between trainers, medical staff, outside doctors, other teams' doctors, etc.

The Suns have a great reputation because their team actively invests in state of the art technology to keep their players healthy, and they benefit from a great climate. This guy deserves the award simply for having to deal with dumbass injury prone players (like Deng who refuses to get surgery on an injured wrist), being on a cheap ass team, dealing with a horrendous weather climate, and having a hard as nails coach who pushes his players too hard.

Is that supposed to be some sort of ultimate PUA team?

giri

This reminds me that my dad thinks advanced stats "aren't proven to work" in baseball smh

He's right, somewhat.

in bball there's more than just the numbers on the page.

But they usually point you well in the right direction.

Pimpwerx

Getting really bored at people ripping on the Pacers after Game 1. George made a mistake on that final play, overplaying LeBron so there was an easy path for a layup. Maybe Hibbert could have rotated in time, but it's unlikely given how slow-footed he is.

But lost in all of this "They blew their chance!" is that no one thinks they have a chance to begin with. They played a better team on the road to an essential draw, which proved that they can go toe-to-toe with the best. No one thinks they're winning the title this year, and yet the Pacers and Vogel get insulted for losing a game that everyone picked them to lose. It makes no sense!

And why is Wade let off the hook for fouling George with 2.2 seconds left? Everyone makes mistakes. But it was a great game and the better team ultimately won. There's no shame in losing to LeBron.

I'd say because Wade didn't actually foul George, and because he'd just dropped a similarly impossible shot on us to end regulation, everyone was glad Wade went for the contest. I think he would have escaped criticism for that reason. I still haven't seen a replay that shows any contact other than maybe a fingertip to fingertip graze after the ball was released. Hard to roast a guy for a bad call. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Apparently, the Mahinmi foul on Lebron was upgraded to a flagrant1. I assume that kind of play will consistently be called flagrant from now. I'm sure the refs got notice. PEACE.

Cipherr

Man, noone is trying to hear that scrappy underdog versus the big bulldog shit in the ECF man. These are the last two teams. One will be favored, but noone is pretending the Pacers are some undeserving expansion team with no talent. It is expected that this series absolutely could go either way if either team plays to their potential.

So yes, they will be criticized if they play badly or lose. You won't be able to sit back and play the 'but noone expected anything' card when they lose, but then crow and thump your chest if they get a 'W'. To hell with that noise, its late post season dude. All 4 remaining teams at this point have the talent to win a title if they play at their peak. All the fat has been trimmed off by this point in the playoffs.

Top Bottom