• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Duncan's OT heroics notwithstanding, maybe this explains Duncan's lethargic play?

A divorce case filed here two months ago that bears only the initials of the husband and wife has all the hallmarks of being that of Spurs star Tim Duncan and his wife, Amy.
The case is playing out in Bexar County District Court. Court papers filed last week include a request that legal discovery in the case be postponed until after the Spurs' last playoff game.

Efforts to confirm Thursday that the legal proceedings involve Tim Duncan, 37, and Amy, 35, were unsuccessful.
But there are a few other clues in the case that point to the couple:
The style of the case is A.S.D. vs. T.T.D. Tim Duncan's middle name is Theodore.
The petition says the couple married on or about July 21, 2001, which coincides with the date of the Duncans' nuptials.
Two children were born to the parties in the petition: A daughter with the initials S.I.D., born June 27, 2005, and a son, W.D.D., born Aug. 3, 2007.
The Duncans have a daughter, Sydney, who reportedly was born on that date. Their son, Draven, is believed to have been born in 2007, though an exact birth date couldn't be determined.

I wish Tmac and Grant Hill hadnt imploded with injuries. Kobe is the Jay-Hova of the league, he's outlasted superior competitors. I guess durability deserves its props, but shit....what if.

TMAC is alive and "playing" in the second round. Kobe's Achilles ruptured into a thousand tiny pieces.

fu27EEc.jpg

Is Michael Bolton a Heat fan?

When posters show up in this thread for the first time during the playoffs, when are they NOT Miami HGHeat fans?

Did I really have to go to the 2nd page to find best gaf?

Welcome to your new digs! It makes sense for us to be here, since it's basically the same 20-25 guys shooting the shit about basketball, talking trash, and comparing advanced statistical measurements. It's 50% live chat during games, 30% trolling, and 20% people being clueless Kobe stans.

I mainly post here, in Comics-GAF, and in Steam-GAF. The only way the comics folks have avoided being sent to community is by creating a new thread each month, even though the discussion is every bit as insular and stream of conscience as it is in here. There's absolutely zero difference in the types of discussion, and that thread deserves to join us in the community realm.

Steam-GAF not being in gaming community makes even less sense, considering that half the time people are just talking randomly about games old and new available on Steam, or making insider jokes about the size of people's backlogs. It's basically just the "PC gamer" thread at this point.

Nori Chan

Welcome to your new digs! It makes sense for us to be here, since it's basically the same 20-25 guys shooting the shit about basketball, talking trash, and comparing advanced statistical measurements. It's 50% live chat during games, 30% trolling, and 20% people being clueless Kobe stans.
Your team got bounced in 5 and Tmac is playing more games than Durant. #always2nd

linsivvi

Did I really have to go to the 2nd page to find best gaf?

Yeah, not stickied and not in first page. Guess it's time to subscribe to NBA threads, which wasn't necessary before.

It makes sense for us to be here, but 20-25 guys? Over 200 people made more than 10 posts in OT2. Over 300 who made 5 posts or more. It's a big community.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
9xBIrom.png

First comment too.

They deleted the first time they posted the story because everyone was talking shit about Chandler. LMAO

Your team got bounced in 5 and Tmac is playing more games than Durant. #always2nd

Fair enough. How far did you guys make it?

I'm a fan of good basketball. So you can take that for what it's worth ;)

The Miami HGHeat are the Michael Bolton of the NBA. So you can take that for what it's worth. ;)

Yeah, not stickied and not in first page. Guess it's time to subscribe to NBA threads, which wasn't necessary before.

Why wouldn't you subscribe to it? The "Subscriptions" page is my GAF portal. I don't mind looking over the main forums once a day or so, but there's a bunch of garbage to sift through.

God, BS Report sucks when he talks basketball. Gets stuck talking Boston, Eric Gordon, Knicks and Tyson Chandler. Calls this series over (Heat/Indy), and continues to talk about irrelevance. Why not talk interesting stories, judging Ray's clutch history, speak about the moments Indy had the Heat, look forward to the better matchup against Heat: Spurs or Grizz. Something. Hate days without games.

I hate when they go off on fake trade tangents. He spent like 30 minutes on the last podcast talking about scenarios where CLE would trade their 1st pick. In the middle of the playoffs.

meh

Duncan's OT heroics notwithstanding, maybe this explains Duncan's lethargic play?

:(

Hope this isn't true.

But even if it is, I wish the press would stay out of his damn business. Report about basketball, not his fucking family ffs

edit: Spurs confirm the rumors are true. Timmyyyyyy :( :( :(

Vahagn

I hate when they go off on fake trade tangents. He spent like 30 minutes on the last podcast talking about scenarios where CLE would trade their 1st pick. In the middle of the playoffs.

meh

:(

Hope this isn't true.

But even if it is, I wish the press would stay out of his damn business. Report about basketball, not his fucking family ffs

edit: Spurs confirm the rumors are true. Timmyyyyyy :( :( :(

Just a ? - Did you feel this way about the Kobe divorce story. Or were you piling up on him?

That new Kobe Big ad isn't as good as the Dirk one. NBA done fucked up.

diehard

Fleer
Someone needs to write a Vahagn post generator that just randomly inserts Kobe into a reply.

or maybe they already have! dun dun duuuuun!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just a ? - Did you feel this way about the Kobe divorce story. Or were you piling up on him?

That new Kobe Big ad isn't as good as the Dirk one. NBA done fucked up.

As a Kobe hater I felt like the court case was fair game but media attention to his divorce(didn't know he had one) is over the line.

Is tonights game going to stream on TNT???

that seems to be the only way you guys communicate. write any kind of meaningful post that may create a discussion and am met with personal insults and "kobekobekobekobe" posts.

Never said I'm above throwing a couple jabs myself in retaliation

The disconnect is you believe your ramblings are meaningful. Remember this is coming from a Laker fan and Kobe was my favorite player for most of my life.

Vahagn

The disconnect is you believe your ramblings are meaningful. Remember this is coming from a Laker fan and Kobe was my favorite player for most of my life.

A majority of my posts are about Kobe. A majority of your posts are ill-timed, ill-conceived attempts at being the thread clown. I don't quote you every time and replace what you say with "Pay attention to me! I want to be the class clown!" do i?

Whether or not you think my posts are meaningful, that kind of behavior IS middle school ish.

the irony is so amazing

so so amazing

Only because you don't see the point. We both rush to the defense of our franchise player. You're the only one who pretends that means "I really care about what everyone thinks" and that the behavior is something even remotely different with what you do. The difference is simple. Lebron is the undisputed best player in the league. So unless you say some outlandish shit like he was amazing in the 2011 Finals...people are not gonna debate much of the shit you say. They debate me because Kobe has fallen down a few pegs, cuz it's me, and cuz it's Kobe.

But we do the same thing, so get off the high horse

A majority of my posts are about Kobe. A majority of your posts are ill-timed, ill-conceived attempts at being the thread clown. I don't quote you every time and replace what you say with "Pay attention to me! I want to be the class clown!" do i?

Whether or not you think my posts are meaningful, that kind of behavior IS middle school ish.

You should have a talk with yourself it seems. You hate everything about you.

Only because you don't see the point. We both rush to the defense of our franchise player. You're the only one who pretends that means "I really care about what everyone thinks" and that the behavior is something even remotely different with what you do. The difference is simple. Lebron is the undisputed best player in the league. So unless you say some outlandish shit like he was amazing in the 2011 Finals...people are not gonna debate much of the shit you say. They debate me because Kobe has fallen down a few pegs, cuz it's me, and cuz it's Kobe.

But we do the same thing, so get off the high horse

don't compare me with you. i'm not in yours and konex's class of fandom

Gigglepoo

Getting really bored at people ripping on the Pacers after Game 1. George made a mistake on that final play, overplaying LeBron so there was an easy path for a layup. Maybe Hibbert could have rotated in time, but it's unlikely given how slow-footed he is.

But lost in all of this "They blew their chance!" is that no one thinks they have a chance to begin with. They played a better team on the road to an essential draw, which proved that they can go toe-to-toe with the best. No one thinks they're winning the title this year, and yet the Pacers and Vogel get insulted for losing a game that everyone picked them to lose. It makes no sense!

And why is Wade let off the hook for fouling George with 2.2 seconds left? Everyone makes mistakes. But it was a great game and the better team ultimately won. There's no shame in losing to LeBron.

Top Bottom