• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Gonna have to carry the weight of the civilized world in this final one. Hopefully the Heat's pent up bad karma blows back up in their faces.

But probably not. Pat Riley broke the game.

Heat in 3. We'll be rusty game 1 and it'll be over by the 1st quarter. Each game will be by 20+. We'll take our silver medal and be very satisfied.

:D

Will we see Lebron guard tony parker?

Only if the Heat deliberately want to lose.

Tony is the best player by far on the Spurs.

Nah, its 1a and 1b.

Fjordson

Inside the NBA had some funny shit postgame.

http://youtu.be/eLAyoOQpi9o

Lmao @ "fans I know y'all think y'all perfect, trust me y'all not, y'all watch them Housewife ass shows" and then Chuck being excited about the weight watchers women down in San Antonio :lol

Too bad NBA on ABC sucks.

DJ88

ibwp6tEfPMuFhB.gif

Zoctan

One of the best coaches and trios of all time against one of the best teams we've seen in awhile. Gonna be a great series.

LeBron and Wade are going to feast on the Spurs defense

From game 3 of the Golden State series on, the Spurs defense has been pretty stingy. They had a terrible offensive game in game 4 of that series, otherwise they probably would have won their last 7 straight.

I'm more concerned about Miami trapping hard and taking Parker out of his game. Or worse, really flustering Manu and causing a lot of turnovers when Parker is resting.

I think this will end up a rather low scoring series unless one team (or both) gets hot from 3.

Edit: To be fair the Grizzlies offense was pretty bad so that might be why the Spurs defense looked as good as it did in the WCF. We shall see.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Edit: To be fair the Grizzlies offense was pretty bad so that might be why the Spurs defense looked as good as it did in the WCF. We shall see.

So the Grizzlies bad offense had nothing to do with the spurs good defense, right.

As a guy who has always enjoyed watching the Spurs, I am starting to get worried. Athletic teams give the Spurs problems, and the Heat with James are as athletic as it gets. I am glad the Spurs have had lots of rest. I do believe that no one on the Heat can guard Timmy though so it should be fun to watch.

So the Grizzlies bad offense had nothing to do with the spurs good defense, right.

I was defending the Spurs defense in the original post but added that portion in to be as objective as possible. The Spurs defense (and health) is the big reason that they have a real opportunity to win the title this year compared to the last few seasons. Their gameplan against the Grizzlies was essentially perfect and they executed very well.

All that being said, the Grizzlies offense was really excruciating to watch at times throughout the season, especially when Conley wasn't on the floor. I don't think that is debatable.

dalVlatko

Fell asleep during the second half but Pacers got destroyed

Sitting George and Hibbert so much in the 2nd killed any chance they had

Spurs should be a tougher matchup on paper. The Pacers being slightly better defensively is completely mitigated by the Spurs actually having point guard play and offensive schemes.

I haven't really watched them enough this year to have an opinion on who takes the series though.

Why Vogel gets so much praise is unbeknownst to me.

A couple of errors doesn't make you a bad coach. I like Vogel a lot. The game one loss was schemed up well defensively but PG overplayed it. I'll say that I agreed with PG getting benched but not Hibbert last night. PG does way too much on both sides to be able to play 48 minutes in a series like this.

Additionally, the Spurs can really help themselves on the defensive side by not turning the ball over as much as Indiana. If they can take care of the ball it will put a lot more pressure on Miami to execute in the halfcourt.

All those first half turnovers really did Indiana in last night. Sad to see really.

Additionally, the Spurs can really help themselves on the defensive side by not turning the ball over as much as Indiana. If they can take care of the ball it will put a lot more pressure on Miami to execute in the halfcourt.

All those first half turnovers really did Indiana in last night. Sad to see really.

I mean, it shouldn't have even gone 7 with PG play that was that bad. It literally took Spo 7 games to realize that he should force the perimeter players to beat the Heat by doubling the bigs on the pass. The Pacers don't have off-ball movement or any perimeter play other than George.

It simply won't work against the Spurs though due to them actually having a pro offense. The only question is if Duncan can be as imposing a force as Hibbert was inside. He's definitely capable. Better hands and much smarter than Hibbert.

Fjordson

I feel like the Spurs' pick & roll will work even better than Indy's since they have superior guard play. Miami is way over aggressive and constantly out of position on their PNR defense. As long as Timmy or whoever else is the roll man can make good decisions when they get it out of the inevitable Miami double team they should be fine. Either the midrange jumper or a shooter on the perimeter will be open most of the time.

Defense is the bigger question. Miami has looked shaky on offense, but if Wade, Bosh, and Ray are getting involved like last night (though Bosh is still shooting horribly) then it's going to be tough.

It simply won't work against the Spurs though due to them actually having a pro offense. The only question is if Duncan can be as imposing a force as Hibbert was inside. He's definitely capable. Better hands and much smarter than Hibbert.
The good thing with Timmy is that he can hit the midrange jumper. I watched him do it a ton versus my Warriors a few weeks ago sadly. So he doesn't even need to need to meet the third Miami defender rotating over after they double the pick & roll ball handler. Just stop and pop the jumper. Or it they do manage to get over in time, kick it out to Leonard or Green for the 3.

Into

Unless Wade and Bosh regain form from last year, Spurs will take out the Heat, Pop runs circles around Spo any day of the week, twice on Sundee'

LeBron already has more career playoff win shares than Kobe, lol.

LeBron is better. In my book he just needs another ring to be better than him all time. Needs at least 1 more ring though, can't get over Kobe with just one ring.

One thing that I wonder though is if we're all living in a lesser version of baseballs PED era years ago. Not as large of an epidemic obviously, but I wonder if years from now if something isn't going to break and we're all going to be saying "well duh".

We all joke about LBJ being on PEDS, but lets be honest here, LBJ is pretty comparable to guys like Bonds and McGuire in terms of the unbelievability of what he is doing.

snack

It would suck if there was a PED report that had NBA stars on it.

I don't want this sport to be tarnished like the MLB.

I mean, it shouldn't have even gone 7 with PG play that was that bad. It literally took Spo 7 games to realize that he should force the perimeter players to beat the Heat by doubling the bigs on the pass. The Pacers don't have off-ball movement or any perimeter play other than George.

There's absolutely no way in hell Duncan can generate the size and length of Hibbert. He isn't half as imposing on defense.

Into

We all joke about LBJ being on PEDS, but lets be honest here, LBJ is pretty comparable to guys like Bonds and McGuire in terms of the unbelievability of what he is doing.

The irony was that baseball fans are some of the most hardcore sports fans in the world, they know every number, compare every stat, and yet despite all that never realistically looked at the numbers of Bonds and McGuire and statistically figure out how utterly improbable their dominance was, they just closed their eyes to the most obvious thing in the entire world right infront of them.

I can just imagine Bron winning his 6th ring, "Better than Jordan!" a month later hell breaks loose and we see "Jordan did it with poker, illegal gambling and Bugs Bunny, Kobe did it with Shaq and later Pau, Bron did it with drugs".

I really hope it does not happen, but if it does, it would not shock me that much

Derrick Rose himself said PED use is, on a scale of 1-10 in terms of a problem in the league, is a 7.

A guy like LBJ is starting to stick out like such a sore thumb now. It's literally on McGwire and Sosa levels of cartoonishness in the way he moves around seemingly faster than his rookie years despite putting on significantly more weight and muscle.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Man you really gotta be naive as hell to think NBA players aren't doping. Athletes in all sports are always looking for an edge, sometimes legal and sometimes not.

It's hilarious how baseball is always the whipping boy for this shit and other sports get away totally clean. Of course the primary reason for this is because people care more about historical legacies and statistics in baseball generally than they do in other sports.

The NFL still doesn't actually have HGH testing in place even though both the league and the PA agreed to start doing it in the last CBA.

Reality is if nobody is getting busted for PEDs then your drug testing policies you have in place are probably failing. It's a good thing when you actually start catching people.

I feel like the Spurs' pick & roll will work even better than Indy's since they have superior guard play. Miami is way over aggressive and constantly out of position on their PNR defense. As long as Timmy or whoever else is the roll man can make good decisions when they get it out of the inevitable Miami double team they should be fine. Either the midrange jumper or a shooter on the perimeter will be open most of the time.

Defense is the bigger question. Miami has looked shaky on offense, but if Wade, Bosh, and Ray are getting involved like last night (though Bosh is still shooting horribly) then it's going to be tough.

The good thing with Timmy is that he can hit the midrange jumper. I watched him do it a ton versus my Warriors a few weeks ago sadly. So he doesn't even need to need to meet the third Miami defender rotating over after they double the pick & roll ball handler. Just stop and pop the jumper. Or it they do manage to get over in time, kick it out to Leonard or Green for the 3.
Yeah because we will play the spurs the exact same way we played the pacers. Miami trapped PnRs so hard against hibbert and west because they were almost impossible for us to stop and they had the priority over the backcourt. This series is the opposite because we need to focus alot more on the guards, which is our specialty. Our main concern for SAs offense is our rotations.

Top Bottom