• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

AirBrian

If Heat win the Finals, LBJ will be 2-2 in Finals. And if the Spurs win, he'll be 1-3. If he does lose, the MJ and Kobe comparisons will need to stop until he gets closer to .500. But if he wins, you better start preparing yourselves for a summer of ESPN comparisons.

Does anyone disagree with me that LBJ, in comparison to virtually every player in the league is comparable to what Sosa and McGwire were to other players in baseballs PED era?

It's absolutely cartoonish now. He simply is so much stronger and faster than everyone on the court, his durability is unbelievable, he seemingly never fatigues, and he has participated heavily olympics.

And almost every other player is breaking down.

KingKong

Does anyone disagree with me that LBJ, in comparison to virtually every player in the league is comparable to what Sosa and McGwire were to other players in baseballs PED era?

It's absolutely cartoonish now. He simply is so much stronger and faster than everyone on the court, his durability is unbelievable, he seemingly never fatigues, and he has participated heavily olympics.

even if he is on steroids (which he very well may be), why would he be that much better than everyone else? Unless he has a special team creating designer drugs or unless he's the only superstar doing it, he would still have the natural edge over others

You're exaggerating quite a bit these days. Lebron is not the athelete he used to be by a long shot. He's just better than most.

Pound for pound I say MVP Rose, Westbrook(who really is the biggest freak) and jimmy wall are better athletes.

Wilt in the 60s, Robinson in the early 90s, and Shaq in the late 90s and early 2000s were pretty dominant and impossible seeming athletically as well and I don't know if they were doing PEDs. Sometimes there's just a guy whose way above everyone else athletically.

Probably a lot of guys are doing PEDs, but then it would end up balancing itself out in the end.

Vestal

Wilt in the 60s, Robinson in the early 90s, and Shaq in the late 90s and early 2000s were pretty unstoppable and impossible seeming athletically as well and I don't know if they were doing PEDs. Sometimes there's just a guy whose way above everyone else athletically.

Probably a lot of guys are doing PEDs, but then it would end up balancing itself out in the end.
the again those that you mentioned also played the center position.

then again I don't think we can make a comparison with anyone in regards to brons physical attributes and play style.

LBJ is bigger and stronger than everyone in the league, and is almost as fast as its fastest players (only the fast guards, like Westbrook/Rose/Wall are faster).

PEDs are possible, but even without them he's got the physical advantage. He hasn't lost anything from when he was a rookie...he just knows better than to use it if he doesn't have to. Why risk injury dunking from some crazy location when he's guaranteed to be open on a drive or fouled anyway?

Pimpwerx

Posted yet?

BL4qNY3CQAEKoFH.jpg

I love this city. PEACE.

Lebron drives and kicks the ball out on every play. A few times per game he will have a steal and a fastbreak dunk, the same right handed tomahawk every time. Its boring to watch him by now. NBA ratings might have crumbled if two small markets made the finals.

Fjordson

Yeah, I wonder about that. I mean surely PEDs have more of a presence than the perception that they're nonexistent in the league. I never hear people talking about them in the context of basketball.

I always wonder about Wade too. Maybe I'm just crazy, but the guy looks nothing like what I remember in his early days and at Marquette (and I remember him well, he knocked out my Kentucky team when we were the overall #1 seed in the tourney). Not just getting older or a little thicker but like..his face and jawline is on some ridiculous Lou Ferigno shit.

Lebron drives and kicks the ball out on every play. A few times per game he will have a steal and a fastbreak dunk, the same right handed tomahawk every time. Its boring to watch him by now. NBA ratings might have crumbled if two small markets made the finals.

You need to pay the troll toll before you can make posts like this

Fjordson

You need to pay the troll toll before you can make posts like this
Lebron should come out with some new
dunks, though. The guy still has like a 67 inch vert as evidenced by that ridiculous oop he caught last night.

Could easily pull off a through the legs dunk if he tried.

Bioshock Infinite's level design and graphics are awesome, but I hope the writing picks up in the second half of the game because it's been Rockstar levels of bad so far.

exarkun

Wasn't Duncan in the talks for defensive player of the year? And he ended up on the second team all defense with the winner of of the actual defensive player of the year award? How Tyson made the first team is beyond me, but expecting anything less than Hibbert-esque defense from Duncan (and occasionally Splitter) is foolish.

The old man is rested. Shit is gonna be cray.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wasn't Duncan in the talks for defensive player of the year? And he ended up on the second team all defense with the winner of of the actual defensive player of the year award? How Tyson made the first team is beyond me, but expecting anything less than Hibbert-esque defense from Duncan (and occasionally Splitter) is foolish.

Duncan is in talks as the best defensive player of all time.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

The comparison is sound. But Bron had always been the biggest and stronger of his age group. He could have played in the NBA after his grade 10 year and been a physical equal with a lot of guys in the league.
Genetically he is a freak.
Comparable maybe to the body that Usain Bolt has. There has never been a sprinter with his height. That advantage alone means he has to take less strides to reach the end of the race than the players he competes against.

I think the best player to compare Bron to when it comes to body is Chris Webber. That's how big he is. Now think back (or find videos) and remember how Webber moved. He moved like a big guy. A big guy that didn't spend much time in the weight room tuning his machine.

Bron understands how the training, stretching, the recovery methods of ice and stim machines can all help him get better. He also understands rest. I don't know if he still does it but I recall he used to turn his phone off during the playoffs to avoid distraction.

Before we talk about possible PED use (which as the tag shows I would have no issue with) I want someone to show me a player with similar dedication to his sport.

The comparison is sound. But Bron had always been the biggest and stronger of his age group. He could have played in the NBA after his grade 10 year and been a physical equal with a lot of guys in the league.
Genetically he is a freak.
Comparable maybe to the body that Usain Bolt has. There has never been a sprinter with his height. That advantage alone means he has to take less strides to reach the end of the race than the players he competes against.

I think the best player to compare Bron to when it comes to body is Chris Webber. That's how big he is. Now think back (or find videos) and remember how Webber moved. He moved like a big guy. A big guy that didn't spend much time in the weight room tuning his machine.

Bron understands how the training, stretching, the recovery methods of ice and stim machines can all help him get better. He also understands rest. I don't know if he still does it but I recall he used to turn his phone off during the playoffs to avoid distraction.

Before we talk about possible PED use (which as the tag shows I would have no issue with) I want someone to show me a player with similar dedication to his sport.
Yea he turned off the phone/tv/twitter this playoffs again

Duncan doesn't and has never had hibberts size. Seeing old man Duncan rotate over to help is a fucking greenlight if I've ever seen one vs Hibbert who 7 or 8 times out of ten can reach wherever your going.

Duncan is a great man defender against traditional bigs but he will get ate the fuck alive if he's pulled anywhere outside 10 ft. We got fucking Lebron driving to the hole if you haven't noticed.

Tom Penny

Wilt wasn't on PED's and he was the strongest player in NBA history with endless endurance. Just because Lebron's head grew means nothing.

fertygo

Duncan doesn't and has never had hibberts size. Seeing old man Duncan rotate over to help is a fucking greenlight if I've ever seen one vs Hibbert who 7 or 8 times out of ten can reach wherever your going.

Duncan is a great man defender against traditional bigs but he will get ate the fuck alive if he's pulled anywhere outside 10 ft. We got fucking Lebron driving to the hole if you haven't noticed.

Excuse me?

You act like Duncan are 6'6, jebus. Splitter also long and great defensively. He are the one that gonna rotating much.

Top Bottom