• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Vogel should be fired tomorrow.

He didn't get the team prepared for games 5 or 7 and he, personally, threw away game 1.

Even if you want to argue about games 5 and 7, the fact is, he threw game 1 away with a boneheaded decision that no coach should make. And it probably cost the pacers the series.

dvdjamm

tumblr_mnj7mn5sJN1qb5nwmo1_400.gif

Pimpwerx

@EthanJSkolnick
The highest-IQ team of the past 15 years will test the highest-IQ player in the league. That's why I like this series so much.

This is probably the biggest story of the Finals to me, and I believe one of the least-discussed aspects of this matchup. The collective BBIQ of the HEAT is severely underrated, and a big part of why our roster is so versatile. Spo's also a smart coach who uses advanced metrics. Pit them against a team with TP, TD and Manu as their Big3, one of the smartest trios teamed with the best coach in the business, Pop. This Finals may not have the glitz or glamor of Lakers, Celtics or Knicks, but it's got the two smartest teams in the league, with a GOAT coach pitted against a guy who hopes to become a HoFer. It's gonna be amazeballs. PEACE.

NBA Finals: Revenge of The King.
WallaceNBA_ESPN Michael Wallace
LeBron said he's "a 20, 40, 50 times better player" now than in the 2007 Finals against the Spurs. Should be an intriguing series.
WallaceNBA_ESPN Michael Wallace
Spoke to Popovich at All-Star, asked what's difference between LeBron his Spurs swept in 2007 w/Cavs and now. "He's a grown-***** man now."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Final tally on IND lineups in series: Starting lineup: plus-46. All other lineups: minus-74

I mean its easy to blame Vogel but that goes above him. Their absolutely atrocious bench is what screwed them over. DJ Augustin was one of the worst signings of all time.

Pimpwerx

He didn't get the team prepared for games 5 or 7 and he, personally, threw away game 1.

Even if you want to argue about games 5 and 7, the fact is, he threw game 1 away with a boneheaded decision that no coach should make. And it probably cost the pacers the series.

Vogel did a great job all series. The guy worked the percentages the right way most of the series. He was outmanned all series. I am mad it took us this long to beat them, but Vogel made the most of the Heat's miscues. His team outperformed many metrics. Respect his effort as a coach. I hardly think anyone can blame him for this series. It went 7, when it shouldn't have gone more than 5. He did a great job. I think both coaches did. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Vogel had to deal with the likes of DJ Augustin, Gerald Green and Sam Young coming off the bench.

If this team still had Darren Collison they honestly might be in the finals right now.

Donnie Walsh has done a great job driving that team into the ground. Like he is single handily destroying everything Larry built. It's actually amazing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Vogel had to deal with the likes of DJ Augustin, Gerald Green and Sam Young coming off the bench.

If this team still had Darren Collison they honestly might be in the finals right now.

Donnie Walsh has done a great job driving that team into the ground. Like he is single handily destroying everything Larry built. It's actually amazing.

I'm sorry, but he threw away game 1, and arguably game 5 (Complete meltdown in Q3 by the team in every area).

Yes, going into the series, it was expected to be heat in ~5 or 6 maybe.

But the way the series ended up playing out, it could have been pacers in 5, and it SHOULD have been pacers in 6. But because vogel made a boneheaded decision and took hibbert out at the end of G1, the pacers lost.

He should be fired for that call alone IMO, since it came back and bit them in the ass in the form of a G7 loss. You're making millions, and you should be held accountable for major fuck ups that cost your team when it counts the most. This goes for players, too.

Pimpwerx

@CoupNBA
Presented mostly as a curiosity: With Norris Cole on the court, Tony Parker went 4-of-13 with 4 free-throw attempts in 34 min
I'm not even pretending to be casual about this. I've been saying it. Norris Cole has repeatedly shit in Parker's mouth all season, when on court together. There have been some matchups that Cole has appeared to relish. Barea and Parker were the two I noticed this season. I don't think people should take this lightly. I don't think Spo has missed this. PEACE.

You know, even if the Spurs don't win, I can take solace in the fact that it won't pain me as much as the latest episode of Game of Thrones seemed to shatter the souls of its viewers.

I'm not even pretending to be casual about this. I've been saying it. Norris Cole has repeatedly shit in Parker's mouth all season, when on court together. There have been some matchups that Cole has appeared to relish. Barea and Parker were the two I noticed this season. I don't think people should take this lightly. I don't think Spo has missed this. PEACE.

One game Parker did not participate in.
The second Parker was injured.

Again, regular season does not translate to this post-season at all. It's a clean slate for both teams.

Vire

To be fair, Tony's ankle was hurting when Cole shut him down.

But I agree, he is our best chance.

If someone said three years ago that Hibbert, George, West, Stephenson, and Hill would be a top 2 defensive team in the league, would anyone believe them?

Small sample size, clown.

charsace

This is probably the biggest story of the Finals to me, and I believe one of the least-discussed aspects of this matchup. The collective BBIQ of the HEAT is severely underrated, and a big part of why our roster is so versatile. Spo's also a smart coach who uses advanced metrics. Pit them against a team with TP, TD and Manu as their Big3, one of the smartest trios teamed with the best coach in the business, Pop. This Finals may not have the glitz or glamor of Lakers, Celtics or Knicks, but it's got the two smartest teams in the league, with a GOAT coach pitted against a guy who hopes to become a HoFer. It's gonna be amazeballs. PEACE.

Duncan's team is gonna play against him is what it sounds like to me. None of that sentence can apply to the heat.

charsace

Final tally on IND lineups in series: Starting lineup: plus-46. All other lineups: minus-74

I mean its easy to blame Vogel but that goes above him. Their absolutely atrocious bench is what screwed them over. DJ Augustin was one of the worst signings of all time.

DJ got broken on the cats. Dude was good his first season. Something changed in him after that.

Vahagn

Ive thought about it...and I'm rooting for the Heat this series. I can't root for SA. Just can't do it.

This is like all those Celtics/Heat series I rooted for the C's in. Lesser of two evils.

fertygo

I'm sorry, but he threw away game 1, and arguably game 5 (Complete meltdown in Q3 by the team in every area).

Yes, going into the series, it was expected to be heat in ~5 or 6 maybe.

But the way the series ended up playing out, it could have been pacers in 5, and it SHOULD have been pacers in 6. But because vogel made a boneheaded decision and took hibbert out at the end of G1, the pacers lost.

He should be fired for that call alone IMO, since it came back and bit them in the ass in the form of a G7 loss. You're making millions, and you should be held accountable for major fuck ups that cost your team when it counts the most. This goes for players, too.

This team got this far because Vogel, shut up.. look to the cast, damn.
Its just show you how hard to beat miami, one little mistake can cost you game.

Watch pop playing Bonner 30 sec too long at game and cost spurs game, would you fire him too?

Stop being unreasonable.

Top Bottom