• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

tumblr_ll77ps8OwY1qgfngno1_500.gif

How can you have salt about a non-factor team? Where are the Knicks?

"barely handle"? PG 9-16, hib 10-15 and gh 6-8, that ain't gonna happen again

PG gonna have a horrid game in one of the next two games, and when he does the pacers will die

David West had a shit game, and Stevenson played so bad at times that he hurt the Pacers (his D was decent as always though). That shit doesn't happen every game either. Someone else will step up in their stead if they're having an off game. NEXT MAN UP!

Also Paul George plays best at home.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When's the last time the Knicks won a championship?

That's right, now go back to reliving the 'glory days' of the 90s that involved half of Jordan's career highlights at MSG making the Knicks his bitch

oof

charsace

When's the last time the Knicks won a championship?

That's right, now go back to reliving the 'glory days' of the 90s that involved half of Jordan's career highlights at MSG making the Knicks his bitch

I would rather turn on NBA tv later tonight to watch the best of ass whooping the pacers just put on your squad. Extra goodness tonight when wade passed up that open 3 like Cleveland Lebron.

Zach Lowe got Knicks fan hate mail for saying Paul George is already better than Melo but he wasn't lying.

The real mystery is how every college in SoCal missed on this kid and he had to go to Fresno.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I know this is low hanging fruit of critiques but Dude you can't peanut gallery NBA shit talk when your team is the bobcats..... MJ as a owner does not extend to shit talking from his accomplishments...... Also who is Michael Bolton is that a loser of a name bet?

I would rather turn on NBA tv later tonight I watch the best of ass whooping the pacers just put on your squad. Extra goodness tonight when wade passed up that open 3 like Cleveland Lebron.

Man, this is some once in a lifetime shit. A Knicks fan rooting for the Pacers? You know the opposition has an unlikeable team.

But, I'd do the same had we lost.

I would rather turn on NBA tv later tonight to watch the best of ass whooping the pacers just put on your squad. Extra goodness tonight when wade passed up that open 3 like Cleveland Lebron.

So does this feel better than that one time in game 4 of the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals when confetti was dropped from the rafters of Madison Square Garden for the first playoff win in over a decade?

Nori Chan

You know.

I'm gonna go ahead and grab some popcorn right about now. This thread is heating up.

go hunter and let dy be he got the 4th pick again he already has to live with the curse

I am in complete disbelief. It's real finally. All year long I have just shrugged everything off. Indiana is for real. Now I sti thing we will win but clearly this is not just another series. In the years to come this maybe the team that becomes our kryptonite.

pilonv1

Lance Stevenson makes JR Smith look like a basketball genius.

Imagine how good the Pacers would be if they had a two guard with even basic basketball IQ

DY_nasty

Dy keep underestimating the Pacers.

I don't underestimate them. I understand them more than anyone else here. Hell, I coined the term 'fuckball'.

Indiana isn't a good or bad team. They're an albatross. Maybe even an anomaly. Whatever they are, they're an embodiment of every bad idea, practice, theory, and philosophy between college and pro sports. They drag games down to a level where its not even basketball as defined by the book. They hold themselves and opposing teams back with their style of play - their schemes are so ridiculous and nonsensical that no one knows how to attack them because everything is 'just crazy enough to work' except that not even Indy players trust it because they're still tied to humanity. Both teams get fucked by it, Indy just plays their more often. But they're not safe either. And if you're a bitchmade team like the Knicks or Houston, then you stand no chance even when Indy defeats itself.

That's fuckball.

I hate it.

They used to run Hibbert at the high post for extended periods last year like it made fucking sense. Ugh.
I know this is low hanging fruit of critiques but Dude you can't peanut gallery NBA shit talk when your team is the bobcats..... MJ as a owner does not extend to shit talking from his accomplishments...... Also who is Michael Bolton is that a loser of a name bet?

At least we didn't give Amare an uninsured contract or think that Carmelo Anthony was gonna lead us to the promised land.

MJ's doing better than I ever thought he would too btw.

charsace

Man, this is some once in a lifetime shit. A Knicks fan rooting for the Pacers? You know the opposition has an unlikeable team.

But, I'd do the same had we lost.

Either team loses I win. I want dinosaurs to storm the court and eat both teams, but that ain't gonna happen.

Fuck the heat. Lebron passes so well and can see so far a head, but he didn't do it well enough on the turnovers. Just another team fuckboys.

I am in complete disbelief. It's real finally. All year long I have just shrugged everything off. Indiana is for real. Now I sti thing we will win but clearly this is not just another series. In the years to come this maybe the team that becomes our kryptonite.

Ain't nowhere to go but up. Our bench is horrific this year. Next year we'll have Granger coming off the bench (or Stephenson) and the next, who knows?

Cloudy

Banned
Zach Lowe got Knicks fan hate mail for saying Paul George is already better than Melo but he wasn't lying.

The real mystery is how every college in SoCal missed on this kid and he had to go to Fresno.

Eh, he doesn't have Melo's consistency and disappears for stretches. He is a very nice player though and does have a better all-around game. I would not rate him better than Melo yet though..

rando14

I don't underestimate them. I understand them more than anyone else here. Hell, I coined the term 'fuckball'.

Indiana isn't a good or bad team. They're an albatross. Maybe even an anomaly. Whatever they are, they're an embodiment of every bad idea, practice, theory, and philosophy between college and pro sports. They drag games down to a level where its not even basketball as defined by the book. They hold themselves and opposing teams back with their style of play - their schemes are so ridiculous and nonsensical that no one knows how to attack them because everything is 'just crazy enough to work' except that not even Indy players trust it because they're still tied to humanity. Both teams get fucked by it, Indy just plays their more often. But they're not safe either. And if you're a bitchmade team like the Knicks or Houston, then you stand no chance even when Indy defeats itself.

That's fuckball.

I hate it.

They used to run Hibbert at the high post for extended periods last year like it made fucking sense. Ugh.

playoff posters need to read this then read it again

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Regardless of who wins this series it looks like the Pacers are the future of that conference.

Look for LeBron to make a move to join them? Needs those titles you know.

Pimpwerx

They shot 50% tonight. I'm not convinced this is anymore more than an anomaly. They hit all their open 3s tonight, as opposed to last game. Meanwhile, we're not killing them with ours. We have far more open looks than they do. I expect a more-focused effort next game, from the start. I still think we got it in 5, but ffs, this was some extreme bullshit. We shouldn't have lost this game. We were up 4. PEACE.

charsace

So does this feel better than that one time in game 4 of the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals when confetti was dropped from the rafters of Madison Square Garden for the first playoff win in over a decade?

Yes. Much better. And fuck you, fuck Lebron, fuck the heat, fuck Miami. 3 games away from elimination. Get ready to be peaced the fuck out. Just another team bitch.

man, i never realized how good this pacers team was. Im still baffled at how vogel didnt play hibbert at the end of last game, but thankfully he learned.

Eh, he doesn't have Melo's consistency and disappears for stretches. He is a very nice player though and does have a better all-around game. I would not rate him better than Melo yet though..

He plays defense and plays it well. Melo plays half of the game and is half the player. Factor in defense and George IMO is a more valuable player even if you don't consider age/salary.

DY_nasty

They shot 50% tonight. I'm not convinced this is anymore more than an anomaly. They hit all their open 3s tonight, as opposed to last game. Meanwhile, we're not killing them with ours. We have far more open looks than they do. I expect a more-focused effort next game, from the start. I still think we got it in 5, but ffs, this was some extreme bullshit. We shouldn't have lost this game. We were up 4. PEACE.

You guys have an issue because you got away with a Wade flying elbow, a Bosh Silvacut, and Lance playing concussed/giving the game away still didn't fucking help you get a safe lead late game.

Miami is still on chill mode though. But I really wish people would acknowledge the difference between Swag Heat and IwillnotbeembarrassedHeat

Vire

Let's put it this way, I was much more worried when we were down 3-2 against the Celtics last year.

1-1 is no problem.

I expect us to split on the road, have it be 2-2, then win game 5 and 6.

Top Bottom