• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing this in email (so quote to see it and then go to the links), but here's an example of how much of a hack Tom Kapinos is. First page of Dead People and Lucifer. First. Fucking. Page.

You're telling me the genius mind behind Californication is a hack? But that show was an absolute masterpiece.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.

edit: I think the long term plan of the CW would make about as much sense as BSG's "And they have a plan" or the plot of Orphan Black. Whatever happens we all know that Supernatural will still be airing new episodes somewhere.

danielcw

Someone said Last Man Standing is getting a new showrunner is that a good or bad thing?

That would be the third showrunner, or fourth if you count that the creator quit after the pilot.
I believe the current showrunner started to make the show more political in season 2. Is the show still like that?

styl3s

Constantine renewed lol
jay-and-silent-bob-beat-kid-o.gif

Don't even joke about this mate.

Are the rest of cancellations/renewals happening today or something?

Tomorrow at the latest. Looking how slow things are going right now though I think most of the announcements will happen tomorrow.
odds of American Crime, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield and Goldbergs being renewed?

G0523

Are the rest of cancellations/renewals happening today or something?

Tomorrow at the latest. Looking how slow things are going right now though I think most of the announcements will happen tomorrow.

Odds of American Crime, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield and Goldbergs being renewed?
American Crime: Gonna get cancelled
Agent Carter: Could go either way
Agents of Shield: Definitely gonna get renewed
The Goldbergs: Definitely gonna get renewed

styl3s

American Crime: Gonna get cancelled
Agent Carter: Could go either way
Agents of Shield: Definitely gonna get renewed
The Goldbergs: Definitely gonna get renewed
American Crime is a self contained story though, right? like each season (if renewed) would tell different stories? Watched the first 2 episodes and enjoyed but don't want to be left on a cliff hanger.

styl3s

All superheroes, all the time. It's the only way.
Superheroes to become the new cop procedural on tv? I am down with that. Avengers LA, Avengers NYC, Avengers Las Vegas, Avengers Cyber, Avengers Hawaii, Avengers/Defenders, Defenders NCIS, Defenders NCIS:LA, Defenders NCIS:New Orleans, Teen Titans: Law and Order, Teen Titans: SVU.

Of course we need some young adult/teen sitcom style stuff so we can have Teen Titans: Good morning ms Quinn then transition into Saved by the Titans and Titans: College years. Marvel can do Degrassi but instead of high school it takes place at the school of gifted children with Storm as a teacher, Cyclops as a teacher, Wolverine as the coach and Xavier as the dean. We can call it "Gifties" or "Gifty High"

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How funny would it be if the CW split and became the WB and UPN again?

Well, a lot of those UPN channels got turned into MyNetworkTV, so I don't think it would be easy to switch them back again. Besides, what would this theoretical UPN air? Most of The CW is WB shows, so it would make sense if it just turned back into WB ... at least from an ownership standpoint (CBS divests since no one wants to watch their shit, apparently).

Joni

You guys are forgetting the vampire obsession of The CW. They'll have a daily vampire hour between their superhero shows.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Cheerleader Death Squad isn't going forward, as stated in this Deadline article about the shows The CW is going ahead with.
Deadline said:
The younger-skewing broadcast network went for an even bigger surprise this year, picking up to series a pilot from premium cable sibling Showtime, Rachel Bloom and Marc Webb’s musical comedy Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. ... The pickup gives a CW new series pickup to CBS TV Studios whose pilots developed and produced for the broadcast network, Cheerleader Death Squad and Tales from the Darkside, are not going forward.

Yeah gonna transition into the DC network. I'd be down for that actually.

We haven't had a horrendous Guitar Hero/Rock Band collapse in a good while. Are we past peak superhero, or just getting close? It's getting kind of comical already (pun both intended and unintended).

You guys are forgetting the vampire obsession of The CW. They'll have a daily vampire hour between their superhero shows.

Market them as "Super Vampires" and rush out TVD and The Originals graphic novels under Vertigo imprint. Same with The 100.

Boom.

Can someone explain to me this CW - WB/CBS business. WB and CBS co-own The CW, and to keep execs happy The CW should order shows from both studios, correct?
There it is: Showtime's former 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' half-hour pilot is CW's CBS pickup for the season.
Well fuck you too CW. Who does that? Just order CDS.

Joni

Can someone explain to me this CW - WB/CBS business. WB and CBS co-own The CW, and to keep execs happy The CW should order shows from both studios, correct?

Well fuck you too CW. Who does that? Just order CDS.
But they wouldn't be able to cancel CDS because we'd like it. They need something to cancel without anyone complaining.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND

Rebecca Bloom is a successful, driven, and possibly crazy young woman who impulsively gives up everything – her partnership at a prestigious law firm and her upscale apartment in Manhattan – in a desperate attempt to find love and happiness in that exotic hotbed of romance and adventure: West Covina, Calif. (it’s only two hours from the beach! Four in traffic).

CORDON

When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure.

Cordon sounds quite a bit like Under the Dome, no?

Palmer_v1

Imagine the chaos of an actual NeoGAF run network? Trying to DVR anything would be a nightmare with Stump constantly changing show titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom