• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think they'll stick with it for a few more weeks. I wouldn't hold my breath on anything past 13. Fox is having a rough fall.

Masterchef Jr. gets the Tuesday lead off slot.

Don't they have it scheduled for Fridays again?

G0523

been rewatching all seasons of Friends recently and thought, is Cougar Town still a thing? I think I watched all of season 1 and it was... ok...ish at best, and I know it changed networks along the way

6th (and final) season starts this January on TBS!

Things got WAAAY better after season 1. The show aired its first three seasons on ABC until TBS picked it up for its fourth season.

And, actually, it's airing in syndication right now. (It'll hit its 100th episode in its final season.) I've noticed one of my local stations is airing it right after they air an hour of Friends.

Sober

Was Manhattan Love Story supposed to be a comedy? I felt like there were two genuine jokes in the whole thing and maybe only one involved the leads.

Quick

Banned
Selfie needs some work, but it looks like it could be interesting. First episode was alright.

I really just want Karen Gillan to be successful, and I can't hate on John Cho.

This can't be a good thing for SHIELD.

Ratings are almost always adjusted up a few tenths of a point later in the day, so people generally shouldn't jump to use phrases like "ratings low" before then unless there's a large absolute drop.

It was adjusted up to a 1.8, which is not great but still within the 1.8-2.2 ratings range that every episode since December has landed in. Now, if it drops further next week, that might be cause for real concern.

Local baseball ratings are huge, a 30 in KC!

That game was incredible last night

Holy shit...

Also: Goddddamn at those KC ratings!

Yeah, on the radio yesterday they said that literally over 70% of TVs that were on in KC were tuned to the Royals. Which is basically unheard of for any sporting event or anything else except the Super Bowl some years. And those ratings held steady throughout the whole broadcast, which ended just before midnight after over 4 1/2 hours.

Penguin

Seems like black-ish had a rough second week

Wednesday’s broadcast delivered a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating, which marked a decline of 24% from the premiere number. A very significant drop–and one that exceeds that endured by lead-in “Modern Family” (which fell by 10% to a 3.5)–it does not reflect favorably on reaction to the premiere.

The story was even worse in the total viewership column. There, “black-ish” suffered a 28% drop to settle at an average audience of 7.96 million. Lead-in “Modern Family” fell by 12% to 9.99 million.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/w...nal-minds-black-ish-mysteries-of-laura-34188/

Why does it seem like the CW never airs new content?

I swear their season runs from mid-October to early November and then March to April.

Busty

Banned
It's interesting that apart from Fox's pretty miserable start to the season (Utopia and Red Band Society to name them) nothing seems to have been a total flop thus far. I suspect that short term CBS will be happy with Stalker getting a 2.0 but it will have to manage at least that for the next few weeks to have a chance of hanging in there.

Though I've never seen ITV's Broadchurch (shameful I know) I have a feeling that Fox's awful (with Gotham being the only bright spot) season is going to continue with Gracepoint tonight.

I seem to remember reading in a trade that Gracepoint had been tracking really poorly. If that haven't managed to turn that around could it debut with a 1.0 in the demo or lower? Surely FOx will expecting better for an 'event show' such as this.

Zero315

Banned
Why does it seem like the CW never airs new content?

I swear their season runs from mid-October to early November and then March to April.

The scheduling on The CW is odd to say the least. I remember last season with Arrow it seemed like it was a rerun every other week for a while. This week and next week is when most of their series begin, The Vampire Diaries and Reign start back up tonight.

Whooter

Yeah, on the radio yesterday they said that literally over 70% of TVs that were on in KC were tuned to the Royals. Which is basically unheard of for any sporting event or anything else except the Super Bowl some years. And those ratings held steady throughout the whole broadcast, which ended just before midnight after over 4 1/2 hours.

Yeah, 30 years between playoff appearances will do that.

/KansasCitian
//GoRoyals

Shouta

I don't see how utopia will work once a week. They are about to start voting people out each week.

It's a pretty poopy show anyway. I've been watching it just to see what they were trying to do but it's not even that interesting. Everyone is boring, the editing looks like they're cooking up controversy to show, and pretty much everyone on the show is an actor of some sort, lol

They also killed the free live stream from what I'm reading. it's only 10 mins per day now instead of free 24/7

The sad part about Utopia is how its basically a rip off of Siberia...

(group of strangers dropped off in the middle of nowhere and have to build a community/survive with minimal outside interference)

But Siberia was 100 times better. And had better ratings. And had monsters.

Fuck you NBC.

It is karmic retribution for Ivy's Firefly themed op and liking Red Band Society.

i like the show too :\ but then again i liked some other canceled shows that i won't name lol.

Also how is The Middles doing? i haven't been able to catch it on TV but if i watch it online does that count for ratings? lol

Tamanon

Banned
It's interesting that apart from Fox's pretty miserable start to the season (Utopia and Red Band Society to name them) nothing seems to have been a total flop thus far. I suspect that short term CBS will be happy with Stalker getting a 2.0 but it will have to manage at least that for the next few weeks to have a chance of hanging in there.

Though I've never seen ITV's Broadchurch (shameful I know) I have a feeling that Fox's awful (with Gotham being the only bright spot) season is going to continue with Gracepoint tonight.

I seem to remember reading in a trade that Gracepoint had been tracking really poorly. If that haven't managed to turn that around could it debut with a 1.0 in the demo or lower? Surely FOx will expecting better for an 'event show' such as this.

At least Gracepoint is a legit miniseries, no real option to expand it later on. So what you see is what you will get!

It's a pretty poopy show anyway. I've been watching it just to see what they were trying to do but it's not even that interesting. Everyone is boring, the editing looks like they're cooking up controversy to show, and pretty much everyone on the show is an actor of some sort, lol

They also killed the free live stream from what I'm reading. it's only 10 mins per day now instead of free 24/7

It is a weird show. I find I hate most of the people, especially Red, and I am watching to see them fail. It was better when David was shoving people and just being crazy but they obviously couldnt let that continue. I was excited to see how things go with them having to nominate people for voting out, but reducing that to 1 episode per week will take away most of the intrigue from it.

Shouta

It is a weird show. I find I hate most of the people, especially Red, and I am watching to see them fail. It was better when David was shoving people and just being crazy but they obviously couldnt let that continue. I was excited to see how things go with them having to nominate people for voting out, but reducing that to 1 episode per week will take away most of the intrigue from it.

Red seemed like the only person that knew anything about survival (well and Bella a bit) but seems like Red is an actor too or at least was on another reality show. Would've been a neat show if it was legit.

Red seemed like the only person that knew anything about survival (well and Bella a bit) but seems like Red is an actor too or at least was on another reality show. Would've been a neat show if it was legit.

Holy shit I had no idea that he was on a different reality show. What a huge fuck up by Fox. all the shit he did with smashing their food and trying to lead a mutiny drove me nuts, strange to think it was all acting.

Glad Satisfaction got picked up, I started getting into it though I only started watching because of Deanna Russo, nice to see she'll have more work.

The scheduling on The CW is odd to say the least. I remember last season with Arrow it seemed like it was a rerun every other week for a while. This week and next week is when most of their series begin, The Vampire Diaries and Reign start back up tonight.

Last season I think the Winter Olympics were largely to blame for that.

abundant

People say this for every Network (ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, & NBC). During the Spring time, their schedules vary from alright to disastrous. They do this to stretch their shows so that they end their seasons in May..

Last season I think the Winter Olympics were largely to blame for that.

This too. Broadcast TV was a barren wasteland in February last year.

Joni

People say this for every Network (ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, & NBC). During the Spring time, their schedules vary from alright to disastrous. They do this to stretch their shows so that they end their seasons in May..

ABC handled it quite maturely for Shonda-day where they did two mini-seasons of consecutive episodes.

Nah, the major networks have a healthy lineup of spring replacement shows lined up.

CW literally milks the same 10 shows for the full year.

They should at least do what Fox did with the OC. 27 episode season kicking off in August.

abundant

Nah, the major networks have a healthy lineup of spring replacement shows lined up.

CW literally milks the same 10 shows for the full year.

They should at least do what Fox did with the OC. 27 episode season kicking off in August.

My point still stands. People always complain that ____ Network has the worst schedule ever, failing to realize that everyone usually has an inconsistent spring schedule.

CW's scheduling is no worse than the other Networks. They may have some mid season shows lined up but that doesn't excuse their inconsistent schedules for most/all of their big shows during the spring.

My point still stands. People always complain that ____ Network has the worst schedule ever, failing to realize that everyone usually has an inconsistent spring schedule.

CW's scheduling is no worse than the other Networks. They may have some mid season shows lined up but that doesn't excuse their inconsistent schedules for most/all of their big shows during the spring.

Its October and the CW season hasnt even kicked off yet.. Isnt that a problem? Out of sight, out of mind?

Kevin

Watching a lot of my favorite shows get failing ratings, maybe CW made the right call to wait a little longer before starting their fall shows. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom