• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm not sure either You're the Worst or Married has the gas to sustain a second season, but I enjoyed both so looking forward to seeing more.

I think You're the Worst still has some gas in the tank (though I don't think it's the type of show to last 4+ seasons), but I thought Married's season finale worked well as a series finale and I'm not sure what more they can do with it.

Having fun with Scorpion so far, it's kinda like a throwback to the "crusader" shows of the 80s.

Episode was so schway. Happy needs to never open her fucking mouth again. What an insufferable voice.

I almost want to find out if that is her normal speaking voice or not... Ugh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As the only person watching NCIS: Treme, I will just say I find it amusing that they brought in NCIS characters so quickly. Amusingly, this franchise has a weird thing where everything takes place in the same universe but not in the same continuity, so the fact that one character might have had cancer in one show is not even mentioned in the other show.

TripOpt55

I checked out How to Get Away With Murder's pilot and thought it was pretty good. Never watched a Shonda show before besides the Scandal pilot, but I'm probably going to stick with this.

Penguin

Tuesday’s episode, which was the second installment of the second season, drew a series low 1.7 adults 18-49 rating with 4.54 million viewers. The performance trailed that of last week’s broadcast, which drew a 2.1 rating with 5.98 million viewers.

This can't be a good thing for SHIELD.

- Full set of Tuesday ratings from TVbtN
On NBC, The Voice earned a 4.0, down 2 percent from last week’s 4.1 adults 18-49 rating. Chicago Fire scored a 2.4, down 8 percent from a 2.6 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere.

On CBS, NCIS garnered a 2.6, down 10 percent from a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere. NCIS: New Orleans notched a 2.3, down 8 percent from a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere. Person Of Interest earned a 1.8, up 6 percent from a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere.

On ABC, the series premiere of Selfie scored a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating, down 55 percent from a 3.0 for last season’s premiere of The Goldbergs, which aired at 9PM after the giant series premiere of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The series premiere of Manhattan Love Story garnered a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 43 percent from a 2.3 for the premiere of Trophy Wife. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned a series low 1.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 19 percent from a 2.1 for last week’s premiere. Forever notched a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 28 percent from last week’s 1.8.

On FOX, Utopia matched last week’s 0.8 adults 18-49 rating. New Girl scored a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 8 percent from last week’s 1.3. The Mindy Project garnered a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, up 10 percent from last week’s 1.0.

Selfie bombed? That was predictable.

I don't even know how such an obvious bomb gets greenlit.

Agents of SHIELD at a series low already? I'm digging this season but if it keeps dropping I wonder if even the Marvel name won't be enough to save it.

Patryn

Agents of SHIELD at a series low already? I'm digging this season but if it keeps dropping I wonder if even the Marvel name won't be enough to save it.

Didn't the +3 and +7 figures give it a major boost last week?

Really? I haven't seen it yet, but from the promos it already looks more interesting than 90% of the comedies out there. Forever on the other hand had the worst promos in a TV show ever. Yet the actual show was alright, nothing earth shattering, but much, much better than I was expecting given the promos.

The first half of season one for Agents of SHIELD was truly awful, but then it turns it around and it becomes actually pretty decent. It would be a shame if it got cancelled now.

Penguin

Didn't the +3 and +7 figures give it a major boost last week?

I don't know enough about it, but at some point I wonder if ABC would just think it makes more sense to dump it on Netflix or something if people prefer to watch it whenever, and not necessarily on TV live

I am dumbfounded that they thought bringing back Skye and Ward was a good idea. They should have wiped out last years cast at the end of the season and had Coulson start with a new group.

She's baaaaaaack:
DORj4UH.jpg

beat

Really? I haven't seen it yet, but from the promos it already looks more interesting than 90% of the comedies out there.
Well, I watched the online pilot for Selfie and I thought it was mostly really terrible, with good casting in the leads. But for me there are a host of problems starting from the premise and the hook to Emily Kapnek's preferred super-stylized style.

cory64

Terrible night for ABC

I actually liked MLS, though only as an unaired pilot. Really don't see it as seriesable.
Selfie was a total mess but I liked the super goofy stuff, will probably continue watching.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oof, my predictions for Selfie (1.8 - 1.4) and MLS (1.5 - 1.3) were off (but there's always a chance they'll be adjusted up later in the finals!). Still, the predictions must go on!

Stalker - 2.2

My sister will be crushed. She loves that show lol

Eh...it's still doing better than most of ABC's other shows.

Any The Affair OT title suggestions?

The Affair - Infedelity under a new lense - Sundays on Showtime

The Affair - Dominic West:Josh Jackson :: Cheater:Cheatee - Sundays on Showtime

The Affair - A provocative new drama - Sundays on Showtime

The Affair - An emotional extramarital examination - Sundays on Showtime

Tamanon

Banned
I just don't see the market for Stalker personally. It seems way too focused to pull in the procedural audience. Plus....stalking is more of a Lifetime thing I would think.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Selfie adjusted up .2 to a 1.6 (I was off by .2!)

Manhattan Love Story adjusted up .2 to a 1.5 (matching my prediction :D huzzah!)

Agents of Shield (and everything else last night) might have gotten hurt by baseball somewhat.

An extra-inning thriller got the Major League Baseball postseason off to a solid start on TBS.

mlbpostseasonThe Athletics/Royals American League Wild Card Game drew a 3.8 overnight rating on TBS Tuesday night, up 12% from Reds/Pirates on the comparable night last year (3.7). Last year’s A.L. Wild Card Game between the Rays and Indians aired on a Wednesday, earning a 3.7 overnight.

The 3.8 overnight is the second-highest ever for an MLB Wild Card Game (five telecasts dating back to 2012), behind only Orioles/Rangers in 2012 — which was the second game of a doubleheader (4.4).

Locally, the Royals’ 12th inning victory drew a 30.3 rating in Kansas City and a 9.9 in the Bay Area.

Saty

I like the idea. It's mostly an overlooked segment of crimes that is only increasingly relevant in today's digitized information and (un-careful) sharing of. And it's amusing to watch fictional characters (and sometimes real people) bringing trouble unto themselves documenting and uploading sensitive data with little regard of security or safety.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So....... does anyone know what's going on with Parks and Rec? I thought it was coming back for a final season but nothing last week, and nothing tomorrow on TV Guide. (every other show I watch besides GoT has already started)

So....... does anyone know what's going on with Parks and Rec? I thought it was coming back for a final season but nothing last week, and nothing tomorrow on TV Guide. (every other show I watch besides GoT has already started)
It's scheduled for 13 episodes and showing up mid-season. We won't see it until sometime next year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
been rewatching all seasons of Friends recently and thought, is Cougar Town still a thing? I think I watched all of season 1 and it was... ok...ish at best, and I know it changed networks along the way

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It's scheduled for 13 episodes and showing up mid-season. We won't see it until sometime next year.

Ah! Thanks for the info..... too bad though :( Only 13 more times to see Ron Swanson, Andy, and Leslie Knope. I'm surprised the final season is cut short, I thought the show was popular?

FladamPlays

Neo Member
I'm getting kind of worried about Red Band Society on FOX. If that show survives it will be a miracle.

I think they'll stick with it for a few more weeks. I wouldn't hold my breath on anything past 13. Fox is having a rough fall.

Masterchef Jr. gets the Tuesday lead off slot.

beat

been rewatching all seasons of Friends recently and thought, is Cougar Town still a thing? I think I watched all of season 1 and it was... ok...ish at best, and I know it changed networks along the way

Yeah, it's going into another season on TBS. Last one? I honestly can't remember. I feel like they've been winding up most of the stories already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom