• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
zyoefb.gif

bkplfm.gif

survivor

Banned
Japan was pretty much dead in the second half, almost no possession. It's probably gonna end up with Ivory Coast and Colombia making it out.

Pennywise

Japan passing game was absolutely horrendous. If IC strikers were more competent, it would have been a landslide.

Aye, the entire offense was shit.
Kagawa on the wing wasn't working, what a suprise....
Honda made some horrible passes and apart from the goal, he was nearly invisible.
Osako and Okazaki didn't help either and no one was creating decent situations.

They've got so much potential, but Ivory Coast deserved that win by miles.

And thus concludes a busy day of football.

Tomorrow I won't be able to watch the games it in the morning due to father's day. On the plus side it's Group E I'll be missing.

Zaccheroni was horrible today.

-Hasebe should have never started. Japan's passing game suffered with him starting over Endo. What makes it more baffling is that he's not that fit.
-He corrected the mistake by subbing Endo in, but fucked up with his next two subs. Kakitani should have been subbed in for Osako. No idea why Okubo was subbed in. Okubo is bigger than Osako and Kakitani, but is far weaker on the ball than both of them. Kakitani is the best player on the ball.
-When Japan could not create anything, he decided to sub off Kagawa. Putting in another striker in Kakitani isn't going to do anything if Japan can't create. Kiyotake should have been subbed in for Kagawa or he should have been brought in for Okazaki.

The entire Japanese team today was horrible. Honda was good in the first half, but was shit in the 2nd half.

Altazor

BAKA GAIJIN!!

On a more serious note, Japan gassed heavily after the first goal. I think the heat and humidity combo fucked them up - they seemed exhausted and their overall play decayed quite a bit. Drogba's appearance while controversial (king of time wasting, indeed), also livened up CIV. He's their talismanic leader.

I also believe my fellow countryman Osses (the referee) did well. The only controversial decision was that penalty call and I don't think it was a pen (and while some point towards Spain's pen yesterday, I also thought that one WASN'T and the ref was wrong to concede it), the rest was smooth sailing. Maybe he should've been harder on CIV's time wasting, but I don't think Japan had the fuel in their tanks to go for it one last time.

All in all, a damn good day. Matches ranged from good to great, some dull moments eclipsed out by the awesome.

dakun

Don't think so. That was only for the Jules Rimet trophy, not this one.

well they will have to after 2030 if Wikipedia is to be believed.. the current trophy has 4 places left to engrave the name of the nation that wins it. So after 2030 they either find a new trophy or new space on the current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom