• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Timu

Oh god, that Chromatic Aberration in that Lili game, I don't like it(then again I don't like Chromatic Aberration for the most part when overdone, but that game goes too far), I like other things about it graphically though.

And:
MOST WANTED.
MOST WANTED.
MOST WANTED.
SO GEWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

nfs13_2013_11_27_23_47_16_229_by_roderickartist-d7hyz9r.png

random shot I don't think I ever uploaded.

Really, it is so damn *fun* to screenshot.
Screw Rivals.

Looks really nice! Gotta buy Most Wanted once it's on sale again.

sertopico

I must admit the Jupiter engine aged well, just like the previous one.
Widescreen works great thanks to this MOD: nothing gets stretched and the UI fits well into the screen. Unfortunately I can't get rid of the HUD and the crosshair, which, compared to the first NOLF, look gigantic and ruin the screens (especially that useless minimap). If someone knows how to make them disappear, please tell.

lithtech_2014_05_11_1enkck.png

lithtech_2014_05_11_1k8jyk.png

BONKERS

Because it's yet another developer that doesn't have a fucking clue what CA actually is or how it works. It's already turning into a severely overused effect, done without purpose, just to tick off another checkbox of "fancy effects", and we've only just begun.

Given it's polarizing nature, I would hope devs give us the option to turn it off in cases like this (where it's used in such a ridiculously stupid way), even if we have to go to the config files to do it.

At least in this game it's not applying to the whole image making the entire thing look like garbage like most others do. (Payday2,Daylight,Dying Light,Dead Rising 3,Unreal Engine 4,Crysis 3 etc)

Serious post?

Yeah unfortunately, while asset quality isn't "ZOMG Photoreal" level. It's all so polished and smooth looking that it looks like CG

And by far the most impressed i've ever been by UE3.

Given the fact that it *is* UE3, there probably is someway to disable it. Maybe in a consolevariables.ini like with Daylight

Well, even if you think that's true, it's a bit harsh. 6 former Epic developers made this game for iOS a few years back. Apart from the overuse of CA it's a pretty gorgeous game.

It is true. Just because they were former Devs at Epic doesn't mean they understand how CA works in reality and with real world lens and sensors.
Every single CA iteration so far has really just been a variation on Photoshop.
Then again, camera simulation has never really ever been a priority of anyone except the likes of Tri-Ace and Crytek.

Epic has always been just fine with using shitty sample, blur and blend DoF that looks universally awful.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Its no Ghost Recon but for 10 years old it sure looks good
I remember being absolutely floored by this game back in 2004. The fact that it still looks as impressive as it does is amazing.

BONKERS

kCK.png

mCK.png

Its no Ghost Recon but for 10 years old it sure looks good

You using the built in AO from Sikkmod? I remember it having issues when it came out, guess they were never resolved.

Seeing all these mods for the game though makes me with SGSSAA worked better in OGL. Just because they always seem to turn Specular up to 11

maneil99

Durante is the person who made GeDoSaTo, so I don't think he is using ENB since they don't work together lol.

You should look into applying some AA to KRZ. It looks really, really great.

(Click to view full size)

horse_head_comparison_by_aloo81-d75zgj2.png

Didn't know I could do that, will force it through Nvidia when I finish the first act tonight

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Nothing specific to point to, just wanna say that all the recent Alan Wake screenshots that have been posted have been good and I'm really digging em.

Vitor711

Nothing specific to point to, just wanna say that all the recent Alan Wake screenshots that have been posted have been good and I'm really digging em.

Literally dropped by just to say this. That game engine punches so far above its weight it's ridiculous. Gorgeous game. Wish they'd made more use of the open-world capabilities though.

BONKERS

Yup, it's really a good game. Up close, the textures are not really that good, but the atmosphere is awesome, and makes up for that.
alan_wakes_american_nightmare_2014_05_11_19_04_by_dio141-d7i0dq7.png

alan_wakes_american_nightmare_2014_05_11_19_01_by_dio141-d7i0dv7.png

Yeah really my only beef with how AW looks is the FMVs that feel like they could obviously have been rendered in real time, the textures and the draw distance/lod distance(Even though these are pretty minor and still very impressive considering the game's 360 roots)

I even found some HBAO+ flags for it just a bit ago that improve on the built in SSAO. (Which has smearing issues with camera movement and haloing in interiors)

Also: Great screenshots, the atmosphere is incredible.

Top Bottom