• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Zoolader

i6cYGG4bKCDNm.png

This one is amazing I might stick it on my desktop. Funny story, some colleague of mine got his attention caught by that picture while I was browsing the thread, he doesn't care at all about screenshots in general, but he's really knowledgeable in botanics. He told me this was the best flowers he'd ever seen in a videogame, I think I can trust him on that :]

Likewise, but i'm not sure on the rules on "how many pics in a row of the same game" so i break the chain with some Space Engine.... can't get the banding under control in a lot of shots, not sure what to do about it :(

14192390183_9361cc5f97_o.png

14192390203_859ca3bc37_o.jpg

Did you have to use some special add ons for Space Engine for that? My landscapes never turn out that nice.

No, just set the lod distance to 2 and wait, i've got a fairly powerful pc but it takes a few seconds until the landscape is created. Don't fly around near planets with lod 2 (it crashes my computer/the program because of the ongoing writes to RAM, i guess)

Durante

Still happily awaitng that new GeDoSaTo build. The colors in your screens like great.
I'm getting to the point where I'm almost happy enough with it to release it. The problem is that there are about a zillion tweakable parameters and I'm unsure of how many of them to expose to users.

Parsnip

Really digging all those Alan Wake shots. There's just something about it that makes the environments look really natural, or something. As long as you don't look too closely.

Blizzard

Banned
What's the best anti-aliasing option to use for nVidia Overrider with Kentucky Route Zero?

*edit* While I'm asking questions, does anyone have any idea why my internet completely dies like 1/3 of the time I try to load one of the pages here? Resetting my switch and cable modem seems to sometimes bring it back, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of them being in a bad state...are that many individual transfers likely to screw up a switch or cable modem?

Seanspeed

Banned
I've got a pretty similar shot. She almost looks out of place compared to the rest of the image, but the DoF looks pretty good on her specifically.

And this isn't one of my best looking shots, but its one of many I took because it looks so much like concept art, which is pretty cool:

riflen

What's the best anti-aliasing option to use for nVidia Overrider with Kentucky Route Zero?

*edit* While I'm asking questions, does anyone have any idea why my internet completely dies like 1/3 of the time I try to load one of the pages here? Resetting my switch and cable modem seems to sometimes bring it back, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of them being in a bad state...are that many individual transfers likely to screw up a switch or cable modem?

Less likely to be the switch, and more likely the modem struggling with the number of simultaneous connections. Loading this page can really stress some equipment/connections. Loading the gif thread here is even worse and usually prevents all other traffic on my connection until the page has completed.

Awesome Alan Wake shots, congrats! Is it playable on those resolutions?

Can't speak for R8TEDM3, and i also don't play at 8k. I only play at 2560x1440 maxed, smooth as butter, can't say for certain if that's always 60 frames or not. Visually i don't notice drops in the framerate. I did at 3200x1800 though, that's why i dropped the res, sporting a regular gtx 780 OC and not in sli. There is build in 2xMSAA that you cannot disable afaik, i would drop that and then only go with fxaa and go up in resolution again, if i would be allowed to do so, msaa is not kind on framerate for me.

13981262057_11864b630d_o.jpg

13981262067_07f9c6b9d1_o.jpg

sertopico

Can't speak for R8TEDM3, and i also don't play at 8k. I only play at 2560x1440 maxed, smooth as butter, can't say for certain if that's always 60 frames or not. Visually i don't notice drops in the framerate. I did at 3200x1800 though, that's why i dropped the res, sporting a regular gtx 780 OC and not in sli. There is build in 2xMSAA that you cannot disable afaik, i would drop that and then only go with fxaa and go up in resolution again, if i would be allowed to do so, msaa is not kind on framerate for me.

Thanks. If it struggles on a 780 I won't even try with my 560Ti. I console myself by playing old games where I can max everything out acting like I'm owning a supercomputer. :D

Back to the screenshots... Soviet Russia: cold, snow, greyscales and cabbage soup.

lithtech_2014_05_12_1wlc9h.png

lithtech_2014_05_12_1hzi6i.png

R8TEDM3

Awesome Alan Wake shots, congrats! Is it playable on those resolutions?

Thnx!

Yes Auto-reply is coming up with some great pic's of "Alan Wake" as well :)

In my case AW is fully playable in 8k@60FPS, thanks to "Durante's GeDoSaTo"

Just in case anyone is wondering, these are my specs...​CPU: 4770K @ 4.8 GPU, QUAD TITAN SLI| OS, Windows 8 64 bit!

And, not to waste space....

14184375953_20788b193e_o.jpg

13977916079_f09987d93c_o.jpg

Top Bottom