• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Zexen

15429320521_5ac1c314cd_o.jpg

15429471741_cc035db569_o.png

15409438706_39df842d2b_o.jpg

Don't know what those black bars are, I don't see them IG.

Too bad the F12 key doesn't take SweetFX with, if anyone has some CE tables to get rid off the HUD, I would gladly thank him.

b0bbyJ03

Those are ridiculous! I'm new to this and i just tried taking a few screen shots and came nowhere near that. Yours had so much more contrast, color and i noticed compared to mine there seems to be no aliasing at all. I used DSR on my 970 to downsample from 8K and still came no where near that. Mind me asking what methods you used, if any?

BONKERS

Probably is using some injected SMAA too i'm guessing.

Based on what i've seen of the game in motion. Aliasing is a real problem. Shocker.

The HUDless screenshot capture does not grab any injected shaders =(

15433649365_4f60f03f37_o.jpg

15410580836_1796c48dec_o.jpg

How do you turn off HUD in SoM? I tried F12 but I still get the minimap in those shots?

F12. I've never had a single HUD element appear in my screenshots using that. I guess it's buggy.

I play in Borderless fullscreen. Not sure if that helps.

KePoW

Banned
F12. I've never had a single HUD element appear in my screenshots using that. I guess it's buggy.

I play in Borderless fullscreen. Not sure if that helps.

Hmm that's really weird that mine still has the minimap. I play Borderless too.

I guess I'll try some more

Those are ridiculous! I'm new to this and i just tried taking a few screen shots and came nowhere near that. Yours had so much more contrast, color and i noticed compared to mine there seems to be no aliasing at all. I used DSR on my 970 to downsample from 8K and still came no where near that. Mind me asking what methods you used, if any?

Honestly nothing at all :)

Just 3840x2160 in game and using the in-game screenshot capture. All game settings are maxed except for motion blur (which, even with turning this on and restarting, must be very minor because I can't notice it at all).

I have my Nvidia control panel settings set to (what I think is) about max image quality.

I think it's just the lucky camera angle and time of day. I took 50-60 that looked crap and went straight to the recycle bin ;)

And either the in-game downsampling removes aliasing or my default Nvidia settings are helping because I don't see any jaggies when playing.

How do you turn off HUD in SoM? I tried F12 but I still get the minimap in those shots?

I'm also noticing it quite buggy. If I use no downsampling, every single screenshot is captured with full UI/HUD. From 200% resolution setting, it seems to (try to) remove all the UI, though every second shot has bits of the combo text or the frame around named mobs (in their little cutscene thingy). Oh and it doesn't always remove the stars above stunned mobs or the green selection circle under them either. Would be nice if the devs let us know how to use or configure this option.

Spazznid

Here's a special treat you can find in game. A list of very smart people!

If you find it hard to read, click the image, or open it in a new window and zoom in. This is the 8K converted to a high quality JPEG.

One3rd

Here's a special treat you can find in game. A list of very smart people!

If you find it hard to read, click the image, or open it in a new window and zoom in. This is the 8K converted to a high quality JPEG.
Yeah, that was a cool addition. When I saw the list, I sat there for a couple minutes reading through them all.

15438027885_56a9552c4f_o.jpg

15251415258_f8c5ba8c18_o.jpg

Good morning, looks like a wonderful day!
2014-10-04_00005166jpl4kh2.jpg

Here's where this was shot from. Cool that the buildings aren't just "hollow" assets and have some separate rooms... empty, of course, but neat that the detail is there.

turcy

I love these executions. They never get old. Banding on the other hand... gets very old.

glad i'm not the only one annoyed by this.

a beautiful game [in ways], with some great lighting / vistas / skies - which are all ruined by some horribly obvious colour-banding...

Top Bottom